What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

RIP Standard League

If you think the wealth gap and inflation were bad before, oh boy...
"
t_golgari wrote:
So the game just keeps getting harder and harder, right?

Less quantity (which makes the game even harder for new players), and the nemesis-mods make Rares really hard sometimnes (Stormcall, volatile). It's just like the addition of devourers, which made some maps just unplayable.

I don't understand the necessity to remove quantity. I use it because I like lootexplosions. If somebody doesn't, he can just not use it. But when you remove it, you need other ways to improve the loot. You NEED other ways. Because right now selffound and playing without friends or a party is really hard to do.

This! +1
WagWan
Nooooo!! Leave Quantity mod/gem alone. Sure, there are a lot of folks playing the game atm who have no clue of the difference, cuz they've been playing only Domination or Nemesis, but come on! I know we'll get used to it, like with so many other changes, but this was a good thing.

It allowed a char in the melee part of the tree to use some gem to boost it's MF, because of the strength requirement as opposed to Int, which is not that easy to get for some chars.

Also, as a person that plays this game a lot (check my logs if you don't believe me), I've made my own assessments. The fact that I use IIR on Domination (at present my lvl 84 Marauder has 223 rarity, which is pretty high, seeing I'm not trying that much) means almost nothing... I'm not seeing any "wow" rolls on drops. The "wow" rolls come from alch-ing endless pieces of white items.

At least with IIQ I got more to choose from, more currency drops, more everything. So what that the screen is full with whites and blues? You switch it off in battles, and pick up what's good after. That's why there's a Permanent Allocation.

"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
"
zamraii wrote:

IMO iqq mod needs to be removed from all existing items (excluding some uniques) giving irr on its place or nothing (if it already has irr). Leaving tons of iqq legacy items would be fatal in the long run as their prices would skyrocket and again, the only people who could afford them would be hardcore grinders/traders.

You're missing the part where this doesn't matter because they do not care about standard/hardcore economies (as is correct to do). This entire game is focused on the idea of non-permanent things: leagues, races, rerolling characters, etc.

If what you say its true it is very said because there are many, many people who enjoy permanent leagues for many reasons and all characters from all leagues eventually come there. If standard economy is to be completely destroyed better remove it from the game altogether. No point of sending nemesis characters to a place that SUCKS.
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:

"
ama wrote:
I will love to see how will PoE 1.1.0 compete with smart drops from RoS. PoE has exactly 20 days to convince me to stay and play new HC league before i leave and go to play RoS if drops will sux like in Nemesis :-))

Enjoy your trifecta items, now with a better chance to be trifecta for your class! Also bound Unique items, what a fucking joke.

Personally i dont care if they are bounded or not. 95% of time i play solo and i realy realy hate damn trades anyway.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Leave our IIQ :((( i love that shit.

However, its nice to see some nemesis mods :) except storm herald ofc.

Shrines could be a nice addition too, with some balancing.
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Developer wrote:
Powerful legacy items are a feature of the permanent leagues.

So you took one of the worst aspect of the game, undoubtedly a very bad thing and a crystal clear major downside/huge letdown, you magically snap your fingers and you turn into a "feature"?
To me that is undeniable proof of developer incompetence.

It's the easy way out. If something is too bothersome to fix, declare it a feature. "Just play new leagues if you don't like standard."

"
Skyl3lazer wrote:

You're missing the part where this doesn't matter because they do not care about standard/hardcore economies (as is correct to do). This entire game is focused on the idea of non-permanent things: leagues, races, rerolling characters, etc.

There should be a disclaimer warning new players about to start in standard that they are about to play in an unintended game mode then.

There's a reason when you go to create a new character the default isn't Standard, it's Domination. When new leagues come, it will be in the new Softcore league.

People are freaking out because of wealth gap in standard. The league has been around since Open Beta, there are people paying over 100 eternals for single items already, what makes you think IIQ will change anything? Nobody new is breaking into the stanard economy anymore, this wont make any difference.

On top of that, what does anyone suggest would be a better solution? If they want to change up item drops and need to make IIQ rarer to make it work, are they just supposed to delete items? What about people that spent a shitload to make those IIQ items, should they get shafted instead of you? There's no 'good' solution if you think Standard should have some sort of economy when the entire thing is designed around a zero deflation possible model. So, GGG decided since the economy will trend to inflate unless they delete shit constantly from people, they've made the smart choice to not worry if a change makes that inflation faster for the good of the rest of the game.
Last edited by Skyl3lazer on Feb 13, 2014, 3:19:52 AM
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
...they do not care about standard/hardcore economies, as is correct to do.

yea, as developers lets not care about some leagues economies in which a third of our (paying)customers (playerbase) play. This is correct to do.

give this guy a prize or something for thorough and deep reasoning.
Storm Herald is "fine", just need to tune down the frequency and the concentration of the area it hit, maybe more like Pietys.

As range you can easily hit move hit move, as melee its a bit more tricky, at least vs slow or/and ranged monsters (they are more or less stationary), same as summoner, but even more so since summons tend to move with you and you need to keep running witch result in slower kill speed due summons running around the target instead of attacking. And you need the Storm Herald dead asap before your zombies melt.
"
mobutu wrote:
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
...they do not care about standard/hardcore economies, as is correct to do.

yea, as developers lets not care about some leagues economies in which a third of our (paying)customers (playerbase) play. This is correct to do.

give this guy a prize or something for thorough and deep reasoning.

Did you look at the numbers GGG gave us? 25% in standard, 2.6% in hardcore, which is hardly a third. And that nitpick aside, the point is that the economy was already shit, and would already become shit. That's what happens, because no currency ever goes away, and more gets funneled in via races and 4 month leagues.

Oh I also forgot your little 'paying' quip, which is just funny to me since there's no reason to think people that play standard pay any more than people in any other league.
Last edited by Skyl3lazer on Feb 13, 2014, 3:21:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info