[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

i think those with the problem with line 201 u need to add close quote to it

AffixDetailEllipsis := "?"

i had that problem then i went to add the quote in and tada problem solved
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Last edited by bodohspam on Jan 8, 2015, 8:08:15 AM
"
bodohspam wrote:

There already is a close quote in the script (I double and tripple checked).

The problem is not a missing close quote, the problem lies with the character between the quotes. The character that lies between the quotes is a unicode ellipsis character.

If you are using a AutoHotkey version that expects ANSI encoding and not Unicode encoding, that character between the quotes will be interpreted to be two characters wide when the script gets interpreted and executed, thus replacing that closing quote with another byte.

The fact that the character between the quotes shows as question mark tells me that whatever encoding your editor thinks the script has is likely to be wrong.

Try opening the script with Notepad.exe on Vista or later (which fully supports Unicode) and you will see
"
AffixDetailEllipsis := "…" <- this should be an ellipsis character, if not then switch your browser's per-page encoding to Unicode
instead of
"

When you just added that closing quote in whatever text editor you were using to do it, you essentially cut the ellipsis character's numerical representation in half (thus making it another character just one byte wide instead of two. if that character can't be recognized either it will still be showing up as a question mark giving the impression you just added a closing quote while in reality you did more than that).

You might as well put in three dot characters for the delimiter then in the settings. Better yet though make sure to use a Unicode capable AutoHotkey from ahkscript.org and a Unicode capable text editor when viewing and editing the script.

TL;DR:
Q1 = beginning quote
Q2 = ending quote
EE = unicode ellipsis character (two bytes wide, e.g. takes the place of two characters but shows as one character in a Unicode capable text editor. A text editor that gets the encoding wrong, will show Q1?Q2 because it doesn't know that EE is a Unicode byte sequence)

Unicode capable AutoHotkey (how the script was saved): Q1EEQ2
ANSI AutoHotkey: Q1EQ2 -> becomes Q1EE at runtime thus swalling the closing quote.

Hope that makes it clearer. It's really hard to explain since there are so many factors at play here - which AHK version, downloaded from www.autohotkey.com or ahkscript.org, how the script looks in a text editor vs how it is actually interpreted (e.g. file encoding vs runtime encoding vs AHK encoding capabilities).

I think next version I might try switching the file encoding to UTF-8 instead of 16-bit Unicode. Or, offer two versions of the script: one ANSI encoded version with three dots as ellipsis and one Unicode encoded version with an ellipsis character - though I really hate to maintain stuff by keeping in sync between essentially two versions of the same thing.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Jan 8, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
"
Morbid Torc
Coral Amulet
Item Level: 75
--------
Affixes (3):
2 Prefixes
1 Suffix
--------
13% increased Spel… 10-14 5-34 T5 CP
15% increased Fire… 13-17 3-26 T3 S
+67 to maximum Man… 65-68 15-68 T1 P
2% of Physical Att… 1-2 1-6 T3 P

Strange output for this amulet. Looking at items on poe.trade, max possible fire damage scaling is 17, and max possible spell damage scaling is 26.
'Unhandled case' paste below

Rarity: Rare
Tempest Gnarl
Sage Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 16-29
Critical Strike Chance: 8.60%
Attacks per Second: 1.10
--------
Requirements:
Level: 30
Int: 119
--------
Sockets: R-B
--------
Itemlevel: 39
--------
11% increased Spell Damage
--------
58% increased Spell Damage
12% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+59 to maximum Mana
+84 to Accuracy Rating
"
bewmorg wrote:
'Unhandled case' paste below

Tempest Gnarl
Sage Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 16-29
Critical Strike Chance: 8.60%
Attacks per Second: 1.10
--------
Requirements:
Level: 30
Int: 119
--------
Sockets: R-B
--------
Itemlevel: 39
--------
11% increased Spell Damage
--------
58% increased Spell Damage
12% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+59 to maximum Mana
+84 to Accuracy Rating

Thank you. Does this item have any crafted or exalted affixes?
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
bodohspam wrote:

There already is a close quote in the script (I double and tripple checked).

The problem is not a missing close quote, the problem lies with the character between the quotes. The character that lies between the quotes is a unicode ellipsis character.

If you are using a AutoHotkey version that expects ANSI encoding and not Unicode encoding, that character between the quotes will be interpreted to be two characters wide when the script gets interpreted and executed, thus replacing that closing quote with another byte.

The fact that the character between the quotes shows as question mark tells me that whatever encoding your editor thinks the script has is likely to be wrong.

Try opening the script with Notepad.exe on Vista or later (which fully supports Unicode) and you will see
"
AffixDetailEllipsis := "…" <- this should be an ellipsis character, if not then switch your browser's per-page encoding to Unicode
instead of
"

When you just added that closing quote in whatever text editor you were using to do it, you essentially cut the ellipsis character's numerical representation in half (thus making it another character just one byte wide instead of two. if that character can't be recognized either it will still be showing up as a question mark giving the impression you just added a closing quote while in reality you did more than that).

You might as well put in three dot characters for the delimiter then in the settings. Better yet though make sure to use a Unicode capable AutoHotkey from ahkscript.org and a Unicode capable text editor when viewing and editing the script.

TL;DR:
Q1 = beginning quote
Q2 = ending quote
EE = unicode ellipsis character (two bytes wide, e.g. takes the place of two characters but shows as one character in a Unicode capable text editor. A text editor that gets the encoding wrong, will show Q1?Q2 because it doesn't know that EE is a Unicode byte sequence)

Unicode capable AutoHotkey (how the script was saved): Q1EEQ2
ANSI AutoHotkey: Q1EQ2 -> becomes Q1EE at runtime thus swalling the closing quote.

Hope that makes it clearer. It's really hard to explain since there are so many factors at play here - which AHK version, downloaded from www.autohotkey.com or ahkscript.org, how the script looks in a text editor vs how it is actually interpreted (e.g. file encoding vs runtime encoding vs AHK encoding capabilities).

I think next version I might try switching the file encoding to UTF-8 instead of 16-bit Unicode. Or, offer two versions of the script: one ANSI encoded version with three dots as ellipsis and one Unicode encoded version with an ellipsis character - though I really hate to maintain stuff by keeping in sync between essentially two versions of the same thing.

thanks for the explaining :D
btw im using ahk from ahkscript.org
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Hey, just wanted to say I've been using the script for a long time, and thanks for the update, great work!
unhandled case

Brimstone Call
Imbued Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 19-35
Critical Strike Chance: 8.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.50
--------
Requirements:
Level: 59