[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

"
behzadshams wrote:
Great tool, I appreciate your effort.
I want to make a suggestion. It would be nice if you add a feature so this script could download currency rates from a reliable source (website maybe).

Thanks.

What you are suggesting is in fact what I initially had planned to do.
However, I have opted to not do this for the time being.
And here's why:

1) I haven't found a reliable web site to act as a source. www.exilestats.com/ex was down multiple times while writing the script. Not to mention it is quite slow (although that can be worked around by caching).

The other site I found (which I am not even going to mention) has a similar function but clearly has RMT and gold seller ads in between their table cells.

2) Even if I find a site that is available reliably, not even experienced players can agree on currency trade prices.
Someone will then just tell me the currency data is off and ask me to fix it.

3) If I include a web request in the script to an external web site that deals with currency I can already foresee the posts accusing me of trying to spy on the wealth of the player base so I can do better in my own trades. I seen this happen quickly in add-ons for other games.

If enough people request this I may change my stance on it, because then it's on the user's request and not on my own behalf.

PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
I was looking for something I read on the forums a while back where someone had put up a script that would tell you what tier the item's affixes fell on. For example, 26% spell damage on an amulet was tier 1. Was that this? I recall it looking a bit different, and unfortunately I did not bookmark the thread but this does exactly what I was looking for anyway, so thank you!! More people need to use this, makes price checking so much easier.
IGN Salleka
Last edited by Lyrelle on Feb 12, 2014, 7:28:07 PM
I've been using this script since my post late last night and I'm really loving it so far. The information is very handy and all the results have been accurate!

I have no doubt this will prove quite popular in the future as more people learn about it. As a new player it would have taken me so much longer to figure out how the affixes worked without this script!

So many thanks for this fine script and helping me to grew from a wee little nooblet.
Is there a way to invert the colors? The current ones make my eyes bleed.

Besides that, cool script, good work.

EDIT: Nevermind, they seem to be inverted for me anyways.

I did notice an issue with the tooltip not staying on top in fullscreen mode for me. That *might* have something to do with my primary gaming monitor not being #1, but I have no real clue.

This item seems to confuse it.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 13, 2014, 2:01:06 AM
"
tramshed wrote:
I did notice an issue with the tooltip not staying on top in fullscreen mode for me. That *might* have something to do with my primary gaming monitor not being #1, but I have no real clue.

This item seems to confuse it.

Interesting. I play in Windowed Fullscreen because I tab out often so I never noticed this. I am unsure how best to tell AutoHotkey to reliably draw on top of fullscreen apps. It should just work but apparently causes issues in some setups.

_____

As for the item that confuses it: exactly what I need to improve the accuracy.

Can you do me a favor though: please copy and paste the textual representation of the item instead of linking it from your web site account stash. You can put it in spoiler tags if you want.

I just want to avoid any errors I could introduce myself if I were to work out what the item may look like in textual form.

(just as reminder: to paste the textual form, hover over the item ingame, hit ctrl+c, ignore the tooltip and paste here what the game then put on your computer's clipboard).
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 13, 2014, 1:03:51 PM
Is the 2nd column on the right suppose to show the highest tier possible regardless of the item's item level? If so, I think the script's missing the last tier for amulets. Here's the text I copied from doing ctrl+c on one of them:

Spoiler

Rarity: Rare
Doom Idol
Paua Amulet
--------
Requirements:
Level: 35
--------
Itemlevel: 70
--------
22% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
--------
16% increased Spell Damage
Adds 9-13 Physical Damage
Adds 1-22 Lightning Damage
12% increased Cast Speed
+15% to Chaos Resistance

It shows '3-22' but it should be '3-26', which would then include the Wizard's prefix: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix#Spell_Damage

Again many thanks for your work, it's really useful!
IGN Salleka
Last edited by Lyrelle on Feb 13, 2014, 10:45:07 AM
"
Lyrelle wrote:
Is the 2nd column on the right suppose to show the highest tier possible regardless of the item's item level? If so, I think the script's missing the last tier for amulets.

Yeh im also bit confused on what the second columm shows.
Closed Beta Member.
"
ogorhan wrote:
"
Lyrelle wrote:
Is the 2nd column on the right suppose to show the highest tier possible regardless of the item's item level? If so, I think the script's missing the last tier for amulets.

Yeh im also bit confused on what the second columm shows.

Sorry guys, I got off track in the video and forgot to mention the second column. Big doh! on my part.

If I can quote myself here from earlier in the thread.

"
hazydoc wrote:
Concidentally, I just noticed in the video I forget to actually explain what the second column of numbers means. For rare items, the second column is the most useful thing actually, as it gives you instant indication of worst and best possible rolls given item level!

For unique items, a 2nd column of numbers means its a double range as in the case of flat phys or elem damage (which usually is given as "Xmin-Ymin to Xmax-Ymax" - first column is min, second column is max)

So (for all rares) the second column is a pseudo range, constructed from the lowest bound of the first affix bracket to the highest bound of the last affix bracket an item can have given its item level.

This allows you to instantly gauge worst and best possible rolls given item level.

_____

Thanks for reporting this.

I'll take a look at the Wizard prefix and check why that might be wrong. It could be because I used multiple sources in the beginning for the affix data (Mods Compendium, PoE Wiki) before switching to the PoE website being the authorative source.

EDIT: I just noticed. 3-22 is actually correct since your item has item level 70 and the Wizard's prefix starts at item level 76.

If I were to just say 3-26 and disregard item level it would be a bit pointless because then the pseudo range would be the same for any amulet you find.

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 13, 2014, 1:23:49 PM
Here are the stats for the item earlier.

Pandemonium Slippers
Sorcerer Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 83 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Str (gem): 103
Int (gem): 142
--------
Sockets: B-R-B-R
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
+15 to Intelligence
+71 to maximum Life
+24 to maximum Mana
8% increased Energy Shield
13% increased Quantity of Items found
18% increased Block and Stun Recovery

HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
Here are the stats for the item earlier.

Pandemonium Slippers
Sorcerer Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 83 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Str (gem): 103
Int (gem): 142
--------
Sockets: B-R-B-R
--------
Itemlevel: 67
--------
+15 to Intelligence
+71 to maximum Life
+24 to maximum Mana
8% increased Energy Shield
13% increased Quantity of Items found
18% increased Block and Stun Recovery

Awesome, thanks so much!

Can I ask what you expected it to parse and what it actually shows for you?

It should be 6 affixes, the only ones being any complicated at all are the two lines
"increased Energy Shield" and "increased Block and Stun Recovery"

It currently parses these two lines as CP for ES and CP+S for stun recovery.

CP+S because if we take 8% ES and look up the bracket level for ES+Stun Recovery at 8% ES we get a Stun Recovery value of 6-7 (Pixie's).
This however leaves some Stun Recovery in the second line unaccounted for, so if the first line is a composite ES+SR prefix, the 2nd line must be CP + Suffix for the remainder that is unaccounted for. (btw, 2 CPs combine to 1 Prefix for the affix tally)

Unfortunately this case is quite ambiguous.

It could either be what it already parses or it could be that ES is just a prefix and stun recovery is just a suffix. Both would lead to the same conclusion though: 6 affixes, 3 prefixes, 3 suffixes.

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 13, 2014, 4:39:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info