[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

Hi,

I extended the Item Level and DPS revealer AutoHotkey script quite substantially to include affix statistics and a detailed affix breakdown including identified brackets, composition and a "what could have been" indicator of sorts which is a pseudo range that is formed by taking the minimum value of the lowest affix bracket and the maximum value of the highest affix bracket possible based on the item's ilvl.

I also include support for all uniques currently ingame, as well as an any-currency-to-chaos converter.

How To Use

0) Install a recent AutoHotkey version from >> http://ahkscript.org << The original AutoHotkey site - www.autohotkey.com is NO LONGER CURRENT and only serves an ancient AHK version!

1) With AutoHotkey installed, start the script by right-clicking the main .ahk file (currently POE-ItemInfo.ahk) and choose Run script. Note: if you checked the appropriate option during AutoHotkey's installation you may also try to simply double-click the main .ahk file.

A system tray icon should pop up with a black and white path of exile logo. You can right click this icon to pause the script or to kill it outright. You can also access the settings dialog from this context menu and any other features.

2) In Path of Exile, simply hit Ctrl+C when hovering over any item or item link. Yes, it also works with other people's items via chat links!

Requires

AutoHotkey 1.1.05 or later from http://ahkscript.org

(note: 64-bit or 32-bit doesn't matter, just don't pick the legacy option)

Current Version

v1.8.6, released 2015-05-01

Changes:
Spoiler
"

- Add support for The Awakening Closed Beta.
- Fix an issue with Ringmail Gloves being detected as Ringmail Armor.
- Update CurrencyRates.txt
- Add additional rare items corner cases to test against.
- Fix for base types with "Mirrored" in their name being erroneously detected as mirrored items.
- Add 1.3.1 uniques Warped Timepiece and Black Sun Crest.
- Improve version detection message if AHK too old.
- Add option for displaying the tooltip at fixed coordinates (supports secondary monitors).
1.8.4b
- Fix for incorrect file encoding in Uniques.txt
- Fix for some embedded ranges in Uniques.txt not being shown as range.
- Pressing Shift with Ctrl+C temporarily toggles TierRelativeToItemLevel.
- Update poe-scrapy to latest version.
- Fix remaining uniques showing negative values as positive.
- Add PoE 1.3.1 unique map Hall of Grandmasters to map list.
- Improved spell damage detection.
- Set TierRelativeToItemLevel to disabled by default.
- Fix for some uniques showing negative affix values as positive.
- Add tray context menu for quick access to editing user text files.
- Add improved unhandled case reporter dialog.
- Check AHK version before actually using new AHK features.
- Add poe-scrapy companion Python script for updating Uniques.txt from the web.
- Add About dialog
- Add new option ShowAffixBracketTiersTotal (thanks TheFrequency)
- Make double click on tray icon open settings by default
- Update rare test cases to PoE v1.3
- Add a few more test cases to Rares5
- (Internal) extensive rewrite to get rid of Global shared state.
- (Internal) improve code readability.
- (Internal) set script file encoding to UTF-8 (BOM)
- Fix for unique maps not showing affixes.
- Fix for "Compact double ranges" setting not working on some uniques.
- Add helpful tool tips to the settings dialog.
- Fix for the "Tier relative to item level" setting not working properly (now on by default).
- Fix for some crafted affixes not being recognized.
- Fix for mirrored items not being parsed properly.
- Fix for "Mark high number of links as valuable" setting not working correctly.
- Correct formatting of data entries for some Uniques.
- Add Atziri's Splendour to Uniques data.
- Fix for some combinations of settings not working properly.
- Fix for some maps displaying a dangling tier line.
- Better font handling (setting font size no longer requires a restart).
- Settings that have child settings now change their enabled state immediately.
- Flasks are now parsed separately making it faster to parse flasks.
- Hardcoded minimum required AHK version is now 1.1+
- Script saved as ANSI encoding again to improve AHK compatibility.

Since Nipper4369 and I merged versions you can now also get a bleeding edge dev version of the script at the Google download site mentioned below.

Supporting the Project

If you want to help, there are many ways you can do so:

- spread the word! Use the script while streaming, tell your friends, make a YouTube video etc.
- translations into other languages are always welcome. Please note that I probably won't have time (or knowledge in some cases) to maintain a foreign language version if you created the inital version of it.
- finally, since I have been asked... if you feel like donating, have a dona... errrr Buy Me a Beer button:

Thank you very much!

Demo Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6NJkba9WQ

More Info and Download

http://sites.google.com/site/poeiteminfoscript

Caveats

The script isn't 100% foolproof simply because of the ambiguity involved of working backwards from a summed value.
There are extra hints one can use, which involves a lot of elimination and which is also why the script is now 4k 6k lines long.

Note that I mark cases that may need a second look with a star symbol :)

Troubleshooting

Q: The script doesn't work, period. For any item. All I am seeing is n/a and empty ranges. Why?

A: Make sure the "data" directory is present in the same directory where the AutoHotkey script resides.
If you create a shortcut to the script on your desktop, make sure you specify the "Execute in" path of the shortcut and set it to the full path of the directory where the script and the data directory is residing.

_____

Q: I can't run the script, it just says:

"
Error at line 1

Line text: ÿþ;
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

This program will exit.

A: Please make sure you are using a Unicode capable AutoHotkey interpreter from http://ahkscript.org.

_____

Q: When I press Ctrl-C nothing happens. No error messages, but also no window with item infos.

A: Make sure you are running Path of Exile in Windowed mode (Options > Graphics > Display Mode). Otherwise the item info tooltip won't display on top of your current Path of Exile session.

_____

Q: I found an item that displays incorrect/empty/not available data. What should I do?

A: Please post in this thread to notify me of the issue. Be sure to include the textual representation of the item that the game gives you when copying to the clipboard. To improve the accuracy of the script I absolutely need these difficult edge cases. Thank you!

_____

Q: There's an error when running the script. Something about an icon file that can't be found. What's that about?

A: That's because the script is run from a location where it can't find the "data" directory which has the script's icon file. See also: first question.

_____

Q: Can I use this script with my OOS, Logout, etc. script(s)?

A: Yes, it is entirely possible to modify this script such that you can combine it with your existing AHK macros. For example, consider your typical /oos AHK snippet. We will append this snippet to the end (!) of the PoE-ItemInfo.ahk file, like so:
"
; ... 6300 lines of AHK code (not shown) ...
#IfWinActive Path of Exile ahk_class Direct3DWindowClass ahk_exe PathOfExile.exe
{
F2::SendEvent {Enter}/oos{Enter}
}

Well, in hopes that it may be useful to some

Enjoy!
_______

EDIT: Some example screenshots:

Affixes on a Rare

CS = Composite Suffix, CP = Composite Prefix, P = Prefix, S = Suffix

Mods on a Unique

Currency to Chaos Converter

Proof that a difficult 6 affix combo is correctly identified

Settings GUI

About Dialog

Unhandled Case Reporter Dialog

PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on May 1, 2015, 1:42:06 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 1:28:52 PM
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Last edited by Lord_Deimos on Feb 10, 2014, 7:24:44 PM

(need more exposure to iron out the script)
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

This looks really cool. I'm going to d/l it and give it a try.

Haven't been playing very long, but, it's always good to have more information. I'm likely a ways off from actually 'needing' this tool.

Kind of strange this thread has not received more responses. I guess everybody is still using the old version of the script?

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing and I hope you decide to update the script in the future!

Also, the youtube video was excellent and helped answer the questions I originally had.

What sources do you use for currency conversion?

Looks really awesome!
Would I get a problem with GGG using something like that?
Thanks, guys :)

"
DornoDiosMio wrote:
Kind of strange this thread has not received more responses. I guess everybody is still using the old version of the script?

Yeah, I don't really know why myself. I am assuming either that or that they have played for so long they don't really need help determining the breakdown of affixes.

It's not a big deal though. As long as it helps someone I am satisfied.

"
entomogant wrote:
What sources do you use for currency conversion?

Currency conversion rates are read from a text file called "CurrencyRates.txt" in the "data" directory that comes with the script. The initial values in that text file are seeded from exilestats.com/ex which is a user voted currency site.

You can easily change the rates yourself if you find the inital values don't suit you.
The format is pretty simple:

N|X:Y

where N = exact name of the source currency item (this must match the ingame nameplate, say, Orb of Alteration), X = number of source currency items and Y = equivalent number in chaos orbs.

"
entomogant wrote:
Would I get a problem with GGG using something like that?

I am extremely confident in saying that, no, you won't get problems with GGG using this script.
I say this for the following reasons:

1) The script is based on the item lvl and dps revealer script that has been in circulation here on the forums for a while now and has been used by many without any repercussions.

2) The script, like its ancestor, does not modify the game at all. It simply reads and parses data the game itself puts on the clipboard for other applications to use (the mechanism being: using ctrl+c to copy the textual representation of an item when mousing over it)

3) The script does nothing shady. It's not compiled or obfuscated. The script is the source code. Everything is open for everyone to see.

_____

Speaking of updates, I just released version 1.5 which adds another few edge cases properly dealt with =)

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 12, 2014, 10:16:20 AM
great tool, but it would probably help if you make a note somewhere that to actually use it, you have to ctrl+c while hovering the item =P

it's something that would only be apparent to someone who's written scripts and before and understood how they work...and knows you can copy item stats to clipboard. even then, myself and probably most people were expecting a hotkey to make the info pop up
This is delicious!
"
BoswerLK wrote:
great tool, but it would probably help if you make a note somewhere that to actually use it, you have to ctrl+c while hovering the item =P

it's something that would only be apparent to someone who's written scripts and before and understood how they work...and knows you can copy item stats to clipboard. even then, myself and probably most people were expecting a hotkey to make the info pop up

Oh wow, that is exactly right! Sometimes I forget the most basic of things. I will include a section on how to use. Can't believe I didn't think of that earlier.

Concidentally, I just noticed in the video I forget to actually explain what the second column of numbers means. For rare items, the second column is the most useful thing actually, as it gives you instant indication of worst and best possible rolls given item level!

For unique items, a 2nd column of numbers means its a double range as in the case of flat phys or elem damage (which usually is given as "Xmin-Ymin to Xmax-Ymax" - first column is min, second column is max)

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 12, 2014, 10:15:16 AM
Great tool, I appreciate your effort.
I want to make a suggestion. It would be nice if you add a feature so this script could download currency rates from a reliable source (website maybe).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info