[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

"
Rotguine wrote:
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Rotguine wrote:
Alright, so after downloading the GGG standalone version of PoE. I still cannot get this to work. I did download the installer for AHK so I think that maybe I need to download one of the separate versions (Uni or ANSI.)

EDIT: Tried launching the script with the different versions of AHK. I still don't get a tooltip in-game with the information. All it does is copy the information to the clipboard where I then have to paste it into a notepad document.

Weird.

And you are sure all the data files the script needs are present? Specifically the "data" dir that came with the script must be present in the same location as the script file itself.

If you are launching the script file via a shortcut from your desktop be sure to set the "Execute in" line in the shortcut's properties to the directory where script and "data" dir actually reside.

Yeah, the script and associated files are all on my desktop. Double clicked the script and got the POE symbol with no errors. When I hover over my weapon in-game and press Ctrl + C it does nothing except copy the data, but no tooltip shows up.

Mine was doing that as well. I found that running it in windowed fullscreen worked. Seems fullscreen just pushes it to the background and it can't force its way into forground.
"
Talismannn wrote:
Mine was doing that as well. I found that running it in windowed fullscreen worked. Seems fullscreen just pushes it to the background and it can't force its way into forground.

IIRC he already said earlier that his game is already running in a Windowed fullscreen mode.

EDIT: Just as a reminder again to anyone reading this wondering why, here's my explanation from earlier in the thread why the script absolutely needs a Windowed mode:

"
hazydoc wrote:

Unfortunately it can never work in fullscreen.

From what I understand, it seems to be an issue with how Direct3D fullscreen apps are handled. There can only be one that is fullscreen at any time and the AutoHotkey functionality that causes the tooltip to appear counts as its own D3D application.

I would actually need to inject AutoHotkey into the game's d3d DLL for it to show the tooltip in the game's application space. This would make using this script a bannable offence (since it would then modify the game's core files) so it's out of the question.

Sorry.

PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 13, 2014, 10:18:09 AM
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Talismannn wrote:

IIRC he already said earlier that his game is already running in a Windowed fullscreen mode.

EDIT: Just as a reminder again to anyone reading this wondering why, here's my explanation from earlier in the thread why the script absolutely needs a Windowed mode:

"
hazydoc wrote:

Unfortunately it can never work in fullscreen.

From what I understand, it seems to be an issue with how Direct3D fullscreen apps are handled. There can only be one that is fullscreen at any time and the AutoHotkey functionality that causes the tooltip to appear counts as its own D3D application.

I would actually need to inject AutoHotkey into the game's d3d DLL for it to show the tooltip in the game's application space. This would make using this script a bannable offence (since it would then modify the game's core files) so it's out of the question.

Sorry.

Yeah everything is in Windowed Fullscreen. I even tried it in just windowed and nothing shows up still.
Got it fixed, apparently the Identity protection on Webroot was preventing the script from running properly. Just had to add it to the protected applications.

Thanks for everything!
Rarity: Rare
Gale Hunger
Stiletto
--------
Dagger
Physical Damage: 5-21
Critical Strike Chance: 6.5%
Attacks per Second: 1.60
--------
Requirements:
Level: 15
Dex: 30
Int: 30
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Itemlevel: 18
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
39% increased Spell Damage
+15 to Dexterity
+14 to Intelligence
+35 to maximum Mana
+1 Mana Gained on Kill
"
Rotguine wrote:
Got it fixed, apparently the Identity protection on Webroot was preventing the script from running properly. Just had to add it to the protected applications.

Thanks for everything!

Amazing, thanks for sharing! Glad you got it running now.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

"
Mutzliputzli wrote:
Rarity: Rare
Gale Hunger
Stiletto
--------
Dagger
Physical Damage: 5-21
Critical Strike Chance: 6.5%
Attacks per Second: 1.60
--------
Requirements:
Level: 15
Dex: 30
Int: 30
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Itemlevel: 18
--------
40% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
--------
39% increased Spell Damage
+15 to Dexterity
+14 to Intelligence
+35 to maximum Mana
+1 Mana Gained on Kill

Thanks for reporting! Added to the edge case list.

Just saw this and i have to admit it seems to be very helpful. My only question is and i hope some GGG member can confirm, if this program does not go against the rules. I guess not but i cant be sure
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Mar 15, 2014, 7:02:38 AM
"
Just saw this and i have to admit it seems to be very helpful. My only question is and i hope some GGG member can confirm, if this program does not go against the rules. I guess not but i cant be sure

GGG already clarified their stance on AutoHotkey scripts. (I don't have the link handy, if I could trouble someone else for Chris' post on the "what AHK scripts are allowed?" question)

See here for the official post by GGG_Chris

GGG's stance: Generally speaking any script is forbidden that performs multiple inputs on one command (say a keybind that does two ingame skills at once) or a script that performs a command bound to a timer (for example the trade chat macro that switches to one trade channel posts a message and after a timer does so again and again)

But this script does not perform any action. All this script does is it waits for the clipboard contents to change (and the game itself changes these clipboard contents - you can try this right now without the script even running - just hit CTRL+C over any item and the game itself will put a textual representation onto your clipboard) and then parses these textual representations.

The script does not send inputs nor does it modify any of the game's files. It only uses information that is available to anyone from the main PoE website (prefixmod and suffixmod) and displays this information in a handy all-in-one spot.

I would of course much prefer if GGG itself implemented this functionality (akin to RoS's "hold CTRL to view affix ranges") since then the functionality can actually be 100% accurate but they have their hands full with more important stuff than quality of life improvements :)

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 15, 2014, 8:03:01 AM
Again; this is an awesome tool. I'm using it all the time. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info