[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

"Purity of Elements - as a farming character you're gear won't provide you wth enough resistances so you'll need this aura to keep you safe.

Purity of Elements - the lightning spells of Piety are the most dangerous thing in her arsenal so you need to have capped lightning resistance. With my gear i can't achieve that without this aura."

typo?
Get <RÉK†> - Epitome of Indifference
(Need an amazing guild?) PM me, RECRUITING PEOPLE!
Last edited by DPryde on Jan 30, 2014, 12:52:05 AM
"
DPryde wrote:
"Purity of Elements - as a farming character you're gear won't provide you wth enough resistances so you'll need this aura to keep you safe.

Purity of Elements - the lightning spells of Piety are the most dangerous thing in her arsenal so you need to have capped lightning resistance. With my gear i can't achieve that without this aura."

typo?

Absolutely - it needs to be Purity of Lightning! Thanks fo noticing i'll fix it right away :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtEdUUIBRxGE0ZihpVGo8l3yaVJ08ppTGeMgk0kzWSNug4ljsoQKBBqkZpR35KfUrITLFN404qUEdTNVPfVUtYr1jbW69gQ2BLYSFjcGSjZU1ngGegbEZtbG17bj1uaW6qb55ybHKpdO14DXhJeu982YLkgwmDfITZhO-Hdojxiq-MNpAKkBGbg5u1nrmmV6cwqAepbqxZrs-xs7VItfK2QbcXvqe-vMAPwzrKStBH0k3dDeuO7UHv4_GK9tr3Mve--Ov7CfzF_o8=

before soul taker

4k life
culling mf 350/100

facetank dom all the time, ~50% block + 75% miss(blind)

started with only BoR
Ingame: Soto_DualStrike
GMT +1:00
Last edited by soto on Jan 30, 2014, 6:08:52 PM
"
soto wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtEdUUIBRxGE0ZihpVGo8l3yaVJ08ppTGeMgk0kzWSNug4ljsoQKBBqkZpR35KfUrITLFN404qUEdTNVPfVUtYr1jbW69gQ2BLYSFjcGSjZU1ngGegbEZtbG17bj1uaW6qb55ybHKpdO14DXhJeu982YLkgwmDfITZhO-Hdojxiq-MNpAKkBGbg5u1nrmmV6cwqAepbqxZrs-xs7VItfK2QbcXvqe-vMAPwzrKStBH0k3dDeuO7UHv4_GK9tr3Mve--Ov7CfzF_o8=

before soul taker

4k life
culling mf 350/100

facetank dom all the time, ~50% block + 75% miss(blind)

started with only BoR

Good gears :)
So . . . Soto gives me the idea of buying a BoR and I finally made up my mind to buy one for 10ex :) I must say that this helmet is amazing in term of . . . everything. Dominus fight is now 1:30s long which means I can do 1 Dom run every 3mins. Equal to Piety run for now (the distance from waypoint to Dom is 2 times shorter than Piety's)

Im currently sitting @ 180 IIR / 90 IIQ. Planning on buying x2 Andvarius to raise the IIR to 250+ and adjusting the tree to have at least 37% Lightning Res (37% + 50% flask = 87%). Currently cap but wont be after equip 2x Andvarius :(

Spoiler

Gears & Gems (Im lazy to switch weapon to cull, so I put it in my shoes instead :)

Spoiler

Video:

Spoiler
http://youtu.be/AKnGcNHQ160

As you can see in the new video, the Blind from the helmet makes me immune to his Lightning Punch. The Endurance Charge on Block give me 4 Endurance Charges which is . . . amazing

The risk from this fight is now reduced to nearly . . . zero.

P/s: I forgot to cull the champions LoL.
Last edited by koros on Jan 31, 2014, 6:21:30 AM
Thanks for the nice guide, once I am off the Flu I am definately trying this out. One thing I don't understand is why you don't take Blood Drinker.

Is there any reason you don't take it or is it just not needed with your level of gear?
Its just that i don't need it - that's all. Having life leech is usefull indeed. but not 100% needed ... for me atleast.

P.S.

Hey guys i've just wanted to announce my
How to Help New Players. My attempt to help PoE begginers
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780986

Basicly it's a thread were i give unique items to new players :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 1, 2014, 8:10:22 PM
I wont do this build but i loved your currency mini guide, i never knew about that 2c recipe, or that fusing orbs was a good way to get exalteds, holy shit i could be much much richier than im if i knew it earlier (now im sad, lol). you should make a separated guide about it. many thx :)
Last edited by HyP_ on Feb 2, 2014, 11:05:13 PM
I'm i could help. To be honest this thread is a build thread as much as it is a general piety farming guide :)
thanks for your responses both of you. And KorgothBG for the guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info