[1.3.0] How to Farm Piety and Dominus. Guide for a Melee IIR/IIQ Runner (303/126 IIR/IIQ).

@Parmenides: this post is about Piety and Dominus farming (so you can farm for currency and improve your chars). For Piety/Dominus I have no problem farming them (Dom needs extra careful but not that hard, but the fight is so laggy on my laptop so I personally dont like it)
For mapping, you will have problem with the chaos damage (-60%) with MF gears, but if you have normal gears on, its possible since my build is the standard blender build which I read in Duelist thread.

For Dominus if you're interested in: you want 2x lightning flask with dispell shock, 3x health pots with faster recover speed + increased armor invasion (on of them with remove bleeding ofcoz)

For the 1st phase:
You want to facetanking him @ where he lands and no place can be better than that
Why? becuz free potion recovery there! with melee splash you can always have unlimited pots from aoe the mobs that spawns. By standing there, his 3 ice pillars also stack in your AoE range which will take you no time to AoE them down before they start their channeling.

For the use of pots:
1st of all, i want to say about his skill rotation: he'll use his punch, after that is 2x of lightning. The pillars spawn randomly i guess. Never bother bout them since they will just die to AoE anyway (but for somecase they dont, so you can use the pot method or run out of the beam, depend on your gears and if you want to take risk or not, im too lazy to run)
For the use of pots, after he punches me, i use 1 times of health pot and by the time he about to begin his lightning, i use the lightning pot, ofcoz. The effect from faster recover pot and the leech from my claw will health me to full when i take little damage from his lightning (77% passive + 10% pot = 87% lightning res) - thats it till he moves to his 2nd phase

p/s: the fight will be much harder if you move away from that position, cuz you can no longer recover your flasks.
you should move away from his punch instead of taking it (like me) - becuz it sometimes scare the **** out of me cuz of how low my health is after that (LoL)
i did it from the day i used my old claw, but the fight is MUCH easier since the day i bought my Bloodseeker

Gems: Dual Strike - Melee Splash (Melee Phys Damage for 2nd phase) - Multistrike - MF gems
(I dont remember whats the last gem I use in the 6th slot but its surely not a gem with mana multiplier cuz I dont use Blood magic gem and i need the leech from claw to keep me up, you can try Blind or dps gem if you want the fight to end faster)
My old stats: 2% mana leech, around 3k5 health, max 3res

In the end, I just think of those two fight as "testing the way you use your flasks" instead of a "gear test" ^_^
@Parmenides

I'll start with the IIQ/IIR for maps in a party.
You don't want to deal damage pretty much at all in these cases. For Party IIR/IIQ you want a caster with culling (usualy via the Heartbreaker dagger) pretty much you put .. let's say.. incinerate totems around (because of the insane cast speed) the other party members eventualy bring the monsters down to below 10% life and your totems will cull and kill them.
For solo mapping - you can do 66-69 maps with this build but there is no point in doing so. It is slow, dangerous and less profitable. For maps 70+ .. what can i say... you can have an endgame viable build or a IIQ/IIR farming build - you can't have both!

I must also say that his character and this build comes from my "How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!" (link here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528011) which is absolutely endgame viable. There you can see solo Boss fight videos up to level 76 maps(didn't have anything above that at the time).. you only need to get rid of the IIR/IIQ gear and use the "vialbe" gear.

So baiscly melee iir/iiq + party + maps = bad idea

About the blood magic passive. It's true that with it you can use another gem instead of the Blood Magic gem ( let's say Added Fire Damage ) but you won't be able to use Hatred so it evens out. On top of that you won't be able to use Purity auras which is important because stacking resistances with IIR/IIQ gear is extremely difficult and going vs Piety without resistances is suicide.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 29, 2014, 6:30:39 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Parmenides

I'll start with the IIQ/IIR for maps in a party.
You don't want to deal damage pretty much at all in these cases. For Party IIR/IIQ you want a caster with culling (usualy via the Heartbreaker dagger) pretty much you put .. let's say.. incinerate totems around (because of the insane cast speed) the other party members eventualy bring the monsters down to below 10% life and your totems will cull and kill them.
For solo mapping - you can do 66-69 maps with this build but there is no point in doing so. It is slow, dangerous and less profitable. For maps 70+ .. what can i sa... you can have an endgame viable build or a IIQ/IIR farming build - you can't have both!

I must also say that his character and this build comes from my "How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!" (link here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528011) which is absolutely endgame viable. There you can see solo Boss fight videos up to level 76 maps(didn't have anything above that at the time).. you only need to get rid of the IIR/IIQ gear and use the "vialbe" gear.

So baiscly melee iir/iiq + party + maps = bad idea

About the blood magic passive. It's true that with it you can use another gem instead of the Blood Magic gem ( let's say Added Fire Damage ) but you won't be able to use Hatred so it evens out. On top of that you won't be able to use Purity auras which is important because stacking resistances with IIR/IIQ gear is extremely difficult and going vs Piety without resistances is suicide.

So true in every single word ^_^
I just reached 84 and decided to "change" the farming zone for a while :) here's a short video of Dom
I was a little mess-up in this video which led to that "near-death moment" but it also showed how important the flasks were in this fight.
@Parmenides: you can see how painful that Chaos Unique hit me with -60% Chaos res (1k5 hp), mapping will be a big trouble with chaos mobs :)

The chest can be replaced with a 5L blue chest with life-res, since CJ only provides 12all res + life in it
Can replace the IIQ gem with LGOH or LL, im too lazy to do so

Chest: Dual Strike - Multistrike - Melee Spash(Melee Phys Dmg) - IIQ - IIR

6k dps with Melee Splash and 9k with MPD . Cant do more with MF gears and gems (haha)

Spoiler
http://youtu.be/LZZzgdNQj4k

the flasks
Spoiler

the fight was 2:40s which means I can do it in 3mins+1mins leaping to his room + 1min selling stuff = 5mins/each run ^_^ im having good fun with the High Templar i think :3

Fun fact about Piety runs: i have 4 loots of Alpha's Howl and 3 loots of Tabula Rasa. All AH loots were from the mobs and Spinecrack while the other 3 TRs were from Piety. That lady is so "simple" I guess (-_-)
Last edited by koros on Jan 29, 2014, 8:12:47 AM
Looks good.
But it's not for me. Dominus runs take twice the time but the drops are not doubled therefore it's not worth it. Or atleast thats how i see it. :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 29, 2014, 8:21:41 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Looks good.
But it's not for me. Dominus runs take twice the time but the drops are not doubled therefore it's not worth it. Or atleast thats how i see it. :)

Thats how i see it, too. Im just having some fun with him then I'll be back with the lady ^_^
Yea i must admit that farming the same place over and over again gets pretty boring -_-
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yea i must admit that farming the same place over and over again gets pretty boring -_-

thats why i decided to farm her on my Duelist instead of my summoner :) playing the class/build you love will make it less boring than the class/build you dont. Even though summoner can do all map mods with no problem (-_-)

Oh, and i forget to mention :) I really appreciate all your hard-working by writing all these guides :) good explanations and easy to follow :) I have a facebreaker char using your build but he's too . . . strong which makes me feel so imba LoL
Last edited by koros on Jan 29, 2014, 8:40:44 AM
Make a levelling guide! I have no idea what to get first lol
"
Gersidi wrote:
Make a levelling guide! I have no idea what to get first lol

As i said in the guide - check out my 2h flicker striker build.. everything about leveling, passive skill tree progression and different weapon types skill tree is there.

How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528011

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info