Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

"
ChronoCat wrote:

I too would like to know why you opt for armor gear instead of armor/ES?

Mostly because I'm just picking up the best gear I can find as I level, and right now it happens to be mostly armor gear. With all the nodes that give +armor and +ES it of course makes sense to pick up armor/ES gear to get the maximum benefit from your skill tree, but with that said, I'm doing just fine with high armor so I don't think it's a huge deal to wear armor over ES. I'd avoid pure ES or armor/evasion pure evasion gear with this build though.

How shall i use the Weapon Elemental Damage support gem.

With wich skill shall i use the support gem?
Just started using your build yesterday on a new roll. Leveled to 20 + in no time and feel like im dominating! Love this build lots of fun.
in the Link to 30 point build you choose "prestigiditation" and "savant" for mana / manaregen and in the final build not...which build is correct? Thank you.

So about the Bandit quests with this build the best thing to do would be:
Normal help oak for +40 max hp
Cruel help oak for 12% phys dmg
Merciless help oak for 1 endu charge

Am i right or way off?
"
Koksii wrote:
in the Link to 30 point build you choose "prestigiditation" and "savant" for mana / manaregen and in the final build not...which build is correct? Thank you.

Wonder that too!

edit:

and what support gems you all use?

i have Lightning Strike -> Weapon Elemental Damage
Last edited by j0hanSE on Jan 30, 2013, 2:40:55 PM
"
j0hanSE wrote:
"
Koksii wrote:

Wonder that too!

edit:

and what support gems you all use?

i have Lightning Strike -> Weapon Elemental Damage

End-game it really depends on your gear whether you want to keep those nodes or respec out of them. If you have plenty of resists and mana for example and don't need the extra regen or int, then respec out. If you do need them however keep them.

Yep that's what I have. I just updated the OP with a bunch of changes, especially focusing on issues with gearing and support gems.
Last edited by Thehealthygamer on Jan 30, 2013, 3:31:33 PM
Hello, I would like to use this build but on a Marauder instead of a Templar, where would it be most efficient to build toward from that side?

I'm a fairly new player but this is the kind of build I'd like to play as, tanky dps, using elemental things, glacial hammer/LS and tempest shield later on.

"
Stiler wrote:
Hello, I would like to use this build but on a Marauder instead of a Templar, where would it be most efficient to build toward from that side?

I'm a fairly new player but this is the kind of build I'd like to play as, tanky dps, using elemental things, glacial hammer/LS and tempest shield later on.

Just build up the starting area of the marauder and work your way up
"
Aziah wrote:
"
Stiler wrote:

Just build up the starting area of the marauder and work your way up
Exactly this.

Yeah I guess this build is pretty much equally viable on a marauder as a templar.

But Templar's name is about 100x cooler for a Paladin style build :D
Last edited by Thehealthygamer on Jan 30, 2013, 7:25:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info