Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)

I'm wondering wouldn't I have very low dps with this build? Also would be nice to use Shock Nova aswell

Also for single target dmg wouldnt it be good to take elemental hit since you've specced in elemental dmg?

Edit: Can u please tell which support gems to use?
EDIT2: Nvm, Shock Nova is a bad choice tbh.
Last edited by zanik93 on Jan 27, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
Hey, I play a similar templar but instead of taking all the physical damage nodes i have taken the %lightning damage nodes.

My question is, Is it better to take the %lightning nodes or should i concentrate more upon the %physical damage nodes? or both?
Hey, I have a question concerning Blood Magic. It is only 8 nods away from your current final spec. Can you tell me why you have chosen not to go for it? And how you would have picked differently if you would?

Thanks
Taking blood magic when you are using two aura(mana reservation skills) is really bad and that is why he doesn't take it. The build also doesn't have much +life on hit or leech so there is no point in getting it.

To the guy saying he gets versatility, this is very viable early as long as you don't branch from it and remove the point from it once you get resolute tech.
"
projarrod wrote:
I don't understand why you showcase a LS templar for mace/shield then use a 2h staff in your video.

Anyway I looked at your build while I don't think this is as good as I could've done I have made some changes. I took out 2x +6% ele resis nodes and got you a +15%. I also removed a good amount of +10 stats that where really there for no reason and replaced them with a ton more health. When I say a ton I mean a ton prolly around 8 more health nodes or so.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzEBMok1gDbpPQ9ANkE_Q2NEckVHRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVdxmaeZ71wfXFNcql35Xy7fNl99YBWgW-Cm4TEiLqLjIx2j0aQVZrPm6GdxJ48ogCnCKmVqlKsqrQvtPm1BLcxwBrEFcT20NDa3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g7m_wH_Pd-tLzviSqGYUZLtSPud3vDvIv51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLg==

Hey pro

Your link isn't working for me and I'm curious to see what you changed around. I've been looking around and everyones build is similar to the one I had in mind to try out but i'm still not 100% with it. It's probably because i'm very indecisive lol
"
projarrod wrote:
I don't understand why you showcase a LS templar for mace/shield then use a 2h staff in your video.

Anyway I looked at your build while I don't think this is as good as I could've done I have made some changes. I took out 2x +6% ele resis nodes and got you a +15%. I also removed a good amount of +10 stats that where really there for no reason and replaced them with a ton more health. When I say a ton I mean a ton prolly around 8 more health nodes or so.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbE8wUTRVQGekaMh0UI00kiyftKMUpTzEBMok1gDbpPQ9ANkE_Q2NEckVHRtdMNU3YT31P81FgUeZR-VfiWPVdxmaeZ71wfXFNcql35Xy7fNl99YBWgW-Cm4TEiLqLjIx2j0aQVZrPm6GdxJ48ogCnCKmVqlKsqrQvtPm1BLcxwBrEFcT20NDa3d6w3sHhc-Nq44LkIuSt5wvsy-0g7m_wH_Pd-tLzviSqGYUZLtSPud3vDvIv51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLg==

I actually like yours way better than what I put up there. Updated my OP with it, thanks :)
Glad you like it, when I'm at work I have nothing better to do then look at builds because the game won't actually run on this computer :/. I have started trying this build on hardcore and i was able to clear act 1 without any problem I will be sure to report when I die.
"
zanik93 wrote:
I'm wondering wouldn't I have very low dps with this build? Also would be nice to use Shock Nova aswell

Also for single target dmg wouldnt it be good to take elemental hit since you've specced in elemental dmg?

Edit: Can u please tell which support gems to use?
EDIT2: Nvm, Shock Nova is a bad choice tbh.

Yes currently I'm using Weapon Elemental Damage to support lightning strike. My weapon has quite a bit of base elemental damage and then the lightning strike component added to it makes the damage increase by quite a bit. This formula might change if the weapon didn't have any elemental damage on it and then physical weapon damage support might be better, I'm not sure, it's good to just swap out supports and read the DPS tooltip to see which one gives you the highest DPS.

I'm not very familiar with shock nova so I couldn't say.
"
projarrod wrote:
Glad you like it, when I'm at work I have nothing better to do then look at builds because the game won't actually run on this computer :/. I have started trying this build on hardcore and i was able to clear act 1 without any problem I will be sure to report when I die.

If you come up with any better alternatives/changes I'd love to hear them!
Hey, I picked up Heavy Strike and Shield Charge from the quest rewards instead of Decoy Totem, And so far I've put them both to good use while leveling. I use Heavy Strike when dealing with Lone trash mobs and bosses and Shield Charge to stun important targets or to flee when it gets to tough. So I was just wondering is decoy totem a must get or can I skip it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info