<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 10:13:36 AM
"
habbey wrote:
"
Zaqwert wrote:
The All Ears achievement is basically impossible for most people.

It should be to listen to all the NPC dialog period, not just on one character.

Why does that change make it go from impossible for most people to not impossible (does it for instance mean you have to listen to all 4 dialogue resolutions to the bandits quest, which would in fact be impossible)?

edit: i guess that wouldn't be impossible with the respec bandit option, maybe/possibly? i don't know if that triggers new dialogue.

The reason All Ears is impossible is because a lot of the dialog goes away if you do certain actions. Basically you need to have a detailed guide saying exactly what to do, then who to talk to, then what to do, etc.

If you screw up once it's ruined (like with the bandits) or if you miss something in all 3 difficulties. You have no choice but to start a WHOLE new character.

Basically without being ridiculously OCD and meticulous it will never be done. I don't think it's good design for 1 achievenment to be a million times more of a pain in the ass than the others.
I like this one for hardcore:

And the Crowd Goes Wild - be online when someone from the top 10 in hardcore ladder dies.

Would probably need to start a few days into a new league just to be fair.
Achievements blow. End of story zzz.
idk if something similar has been done...but mines

Smashed!
survive a vaal smash

or

Desync! survive a desync
I’d rather die on my feet
Than live my life on my knees

WTB ALT ART DEMIS
"
Make achievements of many different difficulties, but none insanely hard. We want it to be reasonably possible to complete all the achievements.

Haha@all ears.
Hmmm is there a way for you to track who/how many players actually pay attention to those?

None of the people whom I interact with in POE doesn't ..care about achievements, including myself.

We did have a brief discussion on mumble once, it basically boiled down, in our opinion, that achievements are waste of development time.

Now that could just be the people around me, but it makes me wonder if there are (well I know there always are some) people out there that get excited or actively hunt those down.

Well that's my 2 cents. As far as I'm concerned, and every person I know, they might as well not exist.

Look up the data and see how may players completed "All Ears" achievement, then ask yourself....is it worth to waste time on 0.8% of the playerbase? Because those are the players that really care about achievements, it doesn't happen accidentally, the rest of us don't care.
Last edited by Melkrow on Jan 22, 2014, 1:29:18 AM
I thought this was for hardcores? Achievement for joining a group? Carebear mode engaged.
"
Avoid "Do action X times" achievements. It'd be super easy to add ones like "Kill 1000 Zombies" or "Open 500 Chests", but these aren't really very interesting.

In my opinion, those are a lot more interesting than the slew of "full clear" ones you are adding.

I wouldn't mind knowing when I've killed a million zombies, or something like that.

also
"
Band Together: Join a public party

Last edited by boof on Jan 22, 2014, 1:47:39 AM
Any news on next season's leagues? I'm dying to know what comes after Nemesis! Please?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info