The Four 1.0.6 Summoner Skills

Cool mechanics.

this will make playing a summoner less passive.
Bad Seed
I just hope any new skills will be used by Rogue Exiles, they are sooo boring now.
Hateful post.
Sigh...

Very cool changes for minion survivability while playing solo.

Completely useless gems for playing in full grp in maps.....there are no bodies there, they all shatter from everyones cold dmg.

Those gems need rethinking. Needing corpses to cast them is a very bad idea for group play.

If you spec heavily around these new gems are you supposed to ask people to not use cold dmg and turn their auras off so u can play your spec? Please please change the way this gem works.

:)
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 21, 2014, 2:38:17 AM
that skull summon + Spectral throw + CoCS all in Bringer of Rain

first to 100 flaming skulls gets a cake! :)
Only role for summoner play style is a necromancer.

Anyway Flash / Bone Offering looks interesting. Thanks for info.
I'm playing summoner 3 months, and I would prefer a build in 50-75% chaos resistance for minions instead of all those skills.

Nice skills, fun to toy with them for a few days, but still all minions melt in 0.5 sec to any chaos damage source and there is no way to increase chaos resistance.

With elemental resistance there is a gem, you can run purity aura. When we get chaos resistance for minions? Without it summoner will always be defense less in areas with chaos damaging mobs. I can't see how this new skills help you when you are standing alone in room full of chaos mobs, who just instant killed all your minions and are ready to rip you.

P.S And it make no sense to me why a rotten dead zombie should fear poison damage.
Last edited by bpipe on Jan 21, 2014, 2:42:16 AM
Looks like I have some theory respecting and crafting to do :)
"
Rory wrote:
"
BobRawr wrote:
Will the corpses summoned by Desecrate interact with Detonate Dead? If so how is the max life of the summoned corpses determined?

The corpses are based on the level of your Desecrate skill, though can't go too far above the area level. It'd be roughly equivalent to the life of non-magic monsters of that level.

"
BobRawr wrote:
On another note, Will there now be a Desecrate spell and a Desecrated Ground effect from items in the game? Or will desecrated ground be changed?

Desecrate ground has a new effect, and has been changed in how it does damage to a flat value. We'll have more information on this available soon!

Direct nerf to Animate Guardian builds that may have used Desecrated Ground, further gimping the skill if you change it from % to flat.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, but since this is the summoner patch, perhaps you could answer a few questions????

Animate Guardian, anything being done to address this skill? Even some simple quality of life changes like making the gear reclaimable on death or allowing you to resurrect it after zoning would do wonders for it.

Animate Weapon needs some quality of life love as well. Allow unid blues to be used with this, and perhaps disable chromatic/six socket weapons from being eligible so that it doesn't slow down combat more than it already currently does.

Snap shotting Mechanics. Here to stay, or eventually going the way that auras went. If it does change, summoners will be starved for gem slots.

Really hoping that Animate Guardian/Weapon receive some love, because as of now, they don't fit any niche very well.

Spectres - DPS/Utility
Zombies - DPS/Tanks
Skeletons - Temporary meat shield and last resort when above 2 are down.
Raging Spirit - Temporary DPS? Gonna have a hard time competing with Spectres/Zombies, especially since it will need its own gem slots. Will be competing with Curse and Debuff casting slots. Will probably go the way that Animate Weapon did.
Animate Weapon - Too clunky atm to use, but again, same role as Raging Spirit but with more downsides since AoE destroys them and useable weapons become harder to find with the more IIR that you have.
Animate Guardian - Doesn't fill any role at all now beyond Leer Cast and Consecrate/Desecrate utility/damage. (latter soon to be nerfed).

Again, don't take this post the wrong way, but these issues need to be addressed. I will say that you did a great job on nerfing CoD because it was ridiculously overpowered, even when properly used to raise zombies. However, with that gone, hopefully these will be addressed so that these skills don't fall to the wayside.

Thanks for all the hard work, and looking forward to the summoner patch.
Last edited by Moose65 on Jan 21, 2014, 2:44:34 AM
That sounds very interesting. I will definitely try those out...
I like Desecrate!
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info