The Four 1.0.6 Summoner Skills

Fun! Can't wait. Having a blast with my summoner now :)

"
ephixa wrote:
Cool spells but I was really hoping for a specter recall ability.

This would be great too.
Last edited by ganfta on Jan 21, 2014, 1:32:11 AM
I see everyone talking about the animate guardian.. yes it is weak... but whats about animated weapon, not usable and so f**king annoying to use...

I personally dont like that skills really, need to see a video and test it out my own.
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
So when we got equal uber-overpowered skill through all game like spectral throw but for caster?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
interesting
Inb4 Blacksmith map bosses get Desecrate on Leap Slam instead of their current one.
"
Alhoon wrote:
Inb4 Blacksmith map bosses get Desecrate on Leap Slam instead of their current one.

Would be less annoying than they are now, you could drag them away from corpses then. Right now the zombies apear from thin air.
Interesting enough.

This won't solve the main problem though, bosses will still one shot minions, as not all of them have a continuous stream of adds, some have almost none. I do understand that conrpse consuming is a nice flavour touch, but from a technical point of view it is just an unnecessary hurdle, which might make the skills much less desiarable.

For now it looks that we will have to get raging spirits on a totem to do some bosses, which will be boring, since I do not think they will do too much damage.

On contrary to popular belief of non summoners, we do not have the sockets for all of these skills, unless minions are reworked so that we wouldn't have to use most of them in conjunction in order to be effective. Make different specs possible (and not by increasing damage, it won't work), right now - zombies have to slow clear speed, spectres just die. Hence we have to use them both.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Jan 21, 2014, 2:19:12 AM
"
Rory wrote:
"
Reprisal35 wrote:
Summon Raging Spirit
- Will this skill have the melee tag or not? Kinda hoping it does as it seems it can be a great source of damage. Also, is there a limit to how many u can summon?

The current version is supportable by almost all melee supports, including Multistrike and Melee Splash, similar to Raised Zombies. There is no limit on the number of Raging Spirits that can be active at once.

it sounds like carpet bombing with faster casting/totem :/

other skills rely on corpses.. kinda bad for Grasp owners and Devouring Totem users, but i guess it is valid constraint

is a skill using up corpses, designed to help with tough fights (like map bosses) a good idea? most (not all) boss rooms have very limited number of adds. no adds == no corpses == skill remains in the stash. for easy content it is not really needed

btw Animate Guardian. CoD exploit gone and now there is NO WAY to make it even semi viable. all yt movies of AG doing stuff and not dying were made with CoD plus very good gear. no wonder it worked

btw - a little more thought into that raging skull: CoC + Bringer of Rain + ST? how many will that spawn?:)
Last edited by sidtherat on Jan 21, 2014, 2:25:12 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
For now it looks that we will have to get raging spirits on a totem to do some bosses, which will be boring, since I do not think they will do too much damage.

Not very likely, the spirits can't be attacked so they can't tank for you, skeletons will still be no.1 choice for nasty enemies. They're just filling the role of an attack spell that gets improved as a summon, eliminating the need to cross-class your summoner to deal direct damage.

"
sidtherat wrote:
btw Animate Guardian. CoD exploit gone and now there is NO WAY to make it even semi viable. all yt movies of AG doing stuff and not dying were made with CoD plus very good gear. no wonder it worked

My guess is AG would work as it should if it gained a hefty '% all defenses' per gem level instead of life or even better, alongside it. Right now defensive gear is almost useless on him except for stat boosts, you generally don't care what kind of gear you give him as long as it has life. It isn't a terribly good damage source so it should be able to tank well at least.

"
sidtherat wrote:
btw - a little more thought into that raging skull: CoC + Bringer of Rain + ST? how many will that spawn?:)

Hehe, had that same idea as soon as I saw the skill, as luck would have it, I got a crit ST summoner in the making. My guess is it will generate at least 10 seconds of desync per crit roll.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 21, 2014, 2:28:27 AM
"
ephixa wrote:
Cool spells but I was really hoping for a specter recall ability.

This would be awesome. Or ability to reserve corpses for spectre summoning. It not easy to get high lvl spectres (like from 75+ maps), and on other hand, it's very easy to loose them due to DC or game crash.
IGN: MankoBanzai | FatherOfRaiden | CemeteryOnMarch
Playtime: 19:00-00:00 GMT+3 (Russian standart time)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info