New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

"
If GGG is saying that they made trading as awful as possible so people would talk to one another, it's not working. The few times I've traded, I look something up on poexyz, message the guy, meet him, trade, and never speak to him again. There might as well have been no interaction.

This is quite relevant, prevalent, and is the perfect rebuttal to GGG's "we want trading to be an interactive thing".

As DG says: it isn't.
i love trading i meet tons of players from making tradings using sites, most of my friend list really
"
reboticon wrote:
From the way I am reading it, once you and buyer/seller agree on a price you can set an individual "buyout" for that person and trade can take place offline. The idea is to keep it from being "true" action house. Probably because they insist on some form of interaction and also because scripts could abuse buyouts with automation.

This is no good, because I want my item in a reasonable time frame, especially ifs its something like a leveling unique or a gem.
The will just make it take longer to make trades, because while I am waiting for Seller A to come online, I have to pass up items from everyone else.
The test of the trading system will be quite simply will I need to press alt-tab to buy/sell something. If I have to leave the game to buy/sell its a failure and won't be used by most people (like now)
"
This is quite relevant, prevalent, and is the perfect rebuttal to GGG's "we want trading to be an interactive thing".

As DG says: it isn't.

I personally always ask to trade when i am in a public group, something like "guys have you found anything for X build recently and wanna trade" usually about the build i am playing, and never about another character.

sometimes this pays off, but this is the closest i have come to "trade interaction" in this game.

Since the most guys that are trading make a correlation between time = money, it usually starts as fast as it ends.

In hc this is followed with a "keep alive bro", the end.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Lol i am baffled :D, Chriss the big dude makes a post on topic of trade himself, explaining its upcoming details.

And it has been shot down as not working by 2 players already.

WoooooooSh.

Can we await the change, and at that point provide feedback? =-D

Edit : almost forgot, a big thanks for responding Chriss, i myself was really looking forward to some info about this :D. Mucho gracia.
Last edited by Boem on Jan 15, 2014, 4:40:33 PM
"
mrjonno wrote:
The test of the trading system will be quite simply will I need to press alt-tab to buy/sell something. If I have to leave the game to buy/sell its a failure and won't be used by most people (like now)

While not perfect, I'll use it.

Heck, I'll check it a couple of times per day from work when I don't have access to the game. Hopefully my purchases and sales will be waiting for me when I do log in.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
vaporizor wrote:
i love trading i meet tons of players from making tradings using sites, most of my friend list really

Ehhh...... You are an anomaly. Most people who conduct trades just want ot be on their way back to doing what they were doing before somebody pinged them. Guess you just got... Lucky?

"
Boem wrote:
In hc this is followed with a "keep alive bro", the end.

Oh? I always get "stay safe" :)

"
Boem wrote:
Lol i am baffled :D, Chriss the big dude makes a post on topic of trade himself, explaining its upcoming details.

And it has been shot down as not working by 2 players already.

WoooooooSh.

Can we await the change, and at that point provide feedback? =-D

We can provide feedback on what information is given to us, that's what forums are for. Remember the change to the exp death penalty for Cruel and Merciless?

They altered it based on feedback from the announcement, before it went live

In fact if they didn't want our opinions I don't think they would say a word about upcoming features.
"
We can provide feedback on what information is given to us, that's what forums are for. Remember the change to the exp death penalty for Cruel and Merciless?

They altered it based on feedback from the announcement, before it went live

I can agree to that, however since it is only a tiny piece of information i will await judgement when it is implemented.

I am fairly sure it will receive a lot of "feedback" upon implementing.

"
In fact if they didn't want our opinions I don't think they would say a word about upcoming features.

That is more of an assumption i suppose, and sort of a negative one.

I prefer to think, he stumbled upon a 5 min brake in his day, and opened up GD, and then offered some information about the subject to the community.
(i am an idealist, i know)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info