New Trading System IN MARCH 2014?!

"
topcatti wrote:
Ask reddit for answer.

Someone on this forum should become an ambassador to Reddit.
"
Teen_Spirit wrote:
An auction house will lower the prices and allow for more casual players to sell stuff much more easily.

I have little desire to see a WoW style auction house. My preferences tend more towards the EQII or CoH style broker systems.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
This is a false statement.

I personally have little interest in "Perfect" gear, tending towards the purchase of much lower priced 2nd tier items.

I agree with this, the game is literally not "that" challenging , that it even requires remotely perfect gear.

Medium tech is fine.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Faendris wrote:
Are you sure that you would enjoy that? If all the items that you find will most likely be worse than those that you can buy for a chaos, why continue playing?

Two reasons:

1. High value items will remain high value. The Rainmakers of the game will not become cheaper or easier to obtain.

2. If I was playing strictly to find gear, I would have already left as I've yet to find anything of significant value. I play the game because I enjoy trying new builds. Easier access to mid-tier gear will have no impact on this.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Artanthos wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:
Are you sure that you would enjoy that? If all the items that you find will most likely be worse than those that you can buy for a chaos, why continue playing?

Two reasons:

1. High value items will remain high value. The Rainmakers of the game will not become cheaper or easier to obtain.

2. If I was playing strictly to find gear, I would have already left as I've yet to find anything of significant value. I play the game because I enjoy trying new builds. Easier access to mid-tier gear will have no impact on this.

2. Of course it will. You'll find that the game is far easier than it was before trading was easier. That will have a significant impact on how you perceive the game even if you're not willing to admit it. Developers would have to shift the level of what was "expected" for a player to have and make the game more challenging to compensate for the increase. It's called "power creep" and it ruins games like this.
pretty much the idea that ive been spreading for about a year and half
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
As i arleady said a thousand times before...
the best way to fix the trade system would be to implement the design of POEXYZ into the game as a window
and have infos such as:
"
owner's name
if player is online
player's playtime zone
last online
C/O, B/O(only as info, not functions)
Owner's descriptions of his trade

people would still have to interact with each other but it would keep us away from spamfest trade chat

only thing GGG added is the floating offer mechanic
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

2. Of course it will. You'll find that the game is far easier than it was before trading was easier. That will have a significant impact on how you perceive the game even if you're not willing to admit it. Developers would have to shift the level of what was "expected" for a player to have and make the game more challenging to compensate for the increase. It's called "power creep" and it ruins games like this.

Funny

That has never been the case in any other game I play.

What about PoE makes it so special that easy access to a broker will result in my treating it differently?
Benjamin Franklin
Since we got a inofficial ah/poexyz, just put a real one ingame and save us some time<.< Or atleast try it on a 4 mounth league, so all the haters are not ,,forced,, to use it...
Its fcking 2014 and this game got stuck in the 90s or something, just wow.
Last edited by RebornKing on Jan 15, 2014, 4:03:39 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Anyone who has ever gone shopping in the real world in a place like Tiajuana Mexico, or Istanbul knows that 99% of the item you see in the shops is crap. But it's still fun shopping there because you can find that 1% that's really interesting. You can haggle. You can toss insults back and forth in a jovial manner. You can eat strange food.

The idea of a market bazaar is perfect for this game.

I still wouldn't trade... there's no fun in having someone else play the game for me. But I would cruise the shops just for the fun of it.

It's fun only for the experience. When I actually want to buy something, I log on to my PC and spend 5 minutes and get exactly what I wanted, at exactly the price I wanted, and it's at my house within the week. If GGG is saying that they made trading as awful as possible so people would talk to one another, it's not working. The few times I've traded, I look something up on poexyz, message the guy, meet him, trade, and never speak to him again. There might as well have been no interaction.
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info