One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

"
atrocities wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Normal Tidal Island had the most kills, but in this race it was the second deadliest with 11 kills per 100 instances.

Cruel Sceptre 2 had 15 deaths per 100 instances.

Normal Sceptre 2 and Merciless Pyramid were next.

Only 15 instances of Merciless Sceptre 2 were run, but it still claimed one character.

This is definitely due to those frog leapers. They're quite overtuned compared to every other leaping enemy. Evangelist are ok but have pretty high HP compared to many other enemies.

How many Sceptre 2 deaths were from Caliga?

Doesn't Dominus also count as Sceptre 2?

I'd like to know how many chars died in Normal Twilight Strand :P
Last edited by Ithilien on Jan 14, 2014, 1:00:21 AM
This kind of post is awesome. Please keep up the good work, GGG. :)
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
Absolutely love stats so this is great. It would be cool to have a page where it shows a running tally of player deaths to each mob type/boss.

Aw man I love stats... more! Can't wait to see them for Nemesis/Domination, and the upcoming week races!
few surprises really in this chart

1) Scion is not a surprise. Spectral Throw + Iron Grip + BM + LIFE!! + IR + US available easily and readily. People say that starting nodes are not so good. Maybe early game they arent. but early game you do not need them anyway. Late game this central position is very very convenient. Absolutely no surprise there. It was obvious that Scion is the master of all trades from the very beginning.. Spectral Throw makes picking her even easier. ST is simply too good to pass, can be easily boosted with Iron Grip and various nodes that just happen to be located by Scion. Keystone popularity tells a lot about ST.

2) Dis-paired Keystones. Acrobatics without Phase Acro? Whispers of Doom without Hex Master? These are maybe because people needed these points urgently elsewhere but what is more important: Mortal Conviction! NONE! NOT A SINGLE PLAYER TOOK THIS KEYSTONE! I think this dispels the notion of players being sheep and taking IR 'because others did'. Mortal Conviction in real-life scenario is worth just that = 0. Blood magic got serious nerf with 1.0 and twisting words will not change that. Flat auras were fun and useful. % auras with most of them being 60% requires Shavrones to even think about them. Please mend BM as a viable long-term Keystone.

3) Cruel Domino is ABSOLUTELY NOT A SURPRISE to anyone with brain or any other 'thinking' part. That fight is nothing but a gear check and for some builds is a no-go. How 'fun' it is - i have killed him only on one of my characters because there is simply NO POINT in going trough that aggravating fight when you can go Piety or simply go maps (skipping Piety until you are bored with maps to get these 2 skill points). Cruel Domino is one of the lowest part of entire progression. Something that you are not THRILLED to do but FORCED to ENDURE. There is no fun in gear check of this proportion. No fun mechanics are present (after you know what will happen), nothing that you can do (besides paying for the kill) if your build somehow is not up to the task. Gear checks are so MMO. No wonder only 15 players were feeling cool enough to even bother fighting Domino in Merc..

4) Iron Reflexes.. who is surprised, raise your hand? none? thought so. IR is by itself more or less OK. What is not OK is the DUMB and overpowered Grace+IR interaction. One aura and one keystone gives a player MORE armor than perfect gear. How is that not dumb? Discipline does not give 2000ES it gives quarter of that at most. And discipline IS strong. But Grace+IR? this combo has to go. just make it 'does not apply to auras' or whatever - it is this very combo that until removed will 'force' people to use is. it is simply too good, no matter how good/bad evasion is.

Another bonus is that IR helps you utilize good uniques that happen to be of the wrong armor type. Evasion in small bits helps not, so you take IR and suddenly that EV from Alpha's and Carcass is not wasted. It is really no brainer. However when I see people taking it without thinking.. (btw currently NONE of my chars uses IR)

Evasion on the other hand.. simply does not work without investment and is not 100% reliable. First part is not a problem per se, it is simply lack of knowledge. Evasion alone == risky. Evasion with buffer + Blind + Enfeeble == cakewalk. Mix in the block (That is OVERPOWERED!!) and eva+block+spellblock is almost impossible to kill. armor mitigates phys only and this is not the most dangerous stuff out there. Evasion - as noted in previous posts - suffers from bad Acro placement and VERY GOOD IR placement. It simply is too costly to go and take Acro when playing lets say templar or marauder. Heck it is even not so cheap for shadow (due lack of build-appropriate nodes). IR on the other hand is readily available and to be 100% effective requires just one aura.

What is surprising is that most long term players could have guessed top 4 keystones month ago without any issue. IR + US + RT were obvious. Iron Grip is a result of ST.

Balancing this game is too slow. IR issue dates from CB and had ONE change since then and that was a minor one. While Aura change was bold and tried to move the foundation it made BM a 'transition' keystone for most. And there is still no reason (other than lack of points) to NOT take US when you have IR..

btw that population figures seem a little low..

Last edited by sidtherat on Jan 14, 2014, 1:14:42 AM
If you make more of these in the future, people may fuck with the stats, because they know you're doing it. For example they can make thousands of Cruel Sceptre of God Level 2 instances.
I can see 2 main reasons for Scion dominance atm:

1. Spectral Throw is arguably the only balanced skill in the game atm, most of everything else is quite UP (quite frankly due to GGG's love to nerf all things into the ground and balance the game versus insane end-game gear, which is silly to start with, and 1 week race seems to prove it).

2. Original support for class diversion ended up with Scion being nearly the only relatively diverse-able class due to GGG's love to add all those extra nodes (that hardly anyone needs on practice) to the path around the passive skill tree (now its so bloated with extra nodes that walking from one class to another around the tree is too damn expensive in terms of nodes and hardly anyone does it anymore when there is a Scion option that often provides a shorter path).

In conclusion, I'd be happy to see another layer of cheap nodes on the passive tree that could restore the class diversability in this game, and see some love for what was once good but was nerfed into the ground for no good reason.

E.g. have you seen anyone play an elemental build lately apart from maybe wander and AoF? Why do we even have those elemental mods on gear, tell us GGG? They are waste of space on most gear in the current physical meta.

Please work on rebalancing the game to a state where many different builds would be viable again.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to the changes in the new season. Hoping they will bring more people in and wont make old players leave.

It's such a huge negative contrast in the number of active players (at least on hc\nemesis) since one year back, I'm afraid in a year from now no one would even play this game anymore sadly.

In the eyes of the perfect machine, what is life, a mischievous delusion or a purposeful try, and if so, then at what. One can guess. But however you feel, once you look in the eyes of the perfect machine, you can imagine it all as a dance of the light in the hall of illusion.
Last edited by irdunecat on Jan 14, 2014, 1:21:33 AM
But 134 took Blood Magic :) Population seems pretty high considering few overall play 1 week races.

"
sidtherat wrote:
2) Dis-paired Keystones. Acrobatics without Phase Acro? Whispers of Doom without Hex Master? These are maybe because people needed these points urgently elsewhere but what is more important: Mortal Conviction! NONE! NOT A SINGLE PLAYER TOOK THIS KEYSTONE! I think this dispels the notion of players being sheep and taking IR 'because others did'. Mortal Conviction in real-life scenario is worth just that = 0. Blood magic got serious nerf with 1.0 and twisting words will not change that. Flat auras were fun and useful. % auras with most of them being 60% requires Shavrones to even think about them. Please mend BM as a viable long-term Keystone.

Mortal Conviction is not a keystone.

As for the IR/CI/Acrobatics discussion, one of the big problems with CI and Acrobatics is that they effectively cost 5 and 6 points, where IR only costs one, two if you consider US a mandatory pairing. Personally, every time I look at Acrobatics on one of my characters, it's just too hard to justify the opportunity cost of spending those 6 points, especially when they come with a big drawback.
I'm really intrigued by 127 acrobatics but only 72 phase acrobatics... what happened there?
Did ~40% of chars that get acrobatics die within 5 levels?
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info