One Week Nemesis Race Infographic

I always love statistics, and I very much enjoyed this one :)
Both the style and the info was interesting.
IGN=Lupina
"
irdunecat wrote:

The thing is, with a crit build, you only need to be hit by reflect once to die if you miscalculate your damage output even by a slight margin. Evasion doesn't counter that, since sooner or later you will get hit. There are 3 ways around that: 1) less damage more attack speed coupled with good leech 2) high reliable damage mitigation 3) incoming\outgoing damage conversion.

A hardcore-viable crit build will most likely have to use all 3 of them in good measure.

Take one thing away, and you will quite likely ruin another branch of builds on hardcore unless there will be a reliable alternative defensive mechanic.

Ah, good point. And the Shadow class is positioned with a lot of crit nodes. Maybe then an immunity to reflected damage keystone? or would that be too OP? or, maybe instead the new keystone could remove the cap for chance to evade against reflected damage? so then it would still only benefit characters who invest in evasion, but if one's evasion rating was high enough, and doubled against reflect damage (with no cap), one might be able to achieve 100%(+) evasion against reflect damage.

i mean, i don't know, i'm just dreaming here. it'd be nice for shadows to have SOME sort of awesome survivability benefit.
If you guys are changing the game based on a 1 week race you guys are not very smart.
If ya need something @chimberly

Like the great measter Nike said: Just do it.
I think the mechanics of evasion are sound (i.e. doesn't roll to hit every time), it just seems like grace is what makes Iron Reflexes overpowered.

Also, why was Iron Reflexes put near the duelist and ranger? It seems more like it'd be an option available primarily for classes who don't want to use evasion, rather than an option for classes that can easily both optimize their evasion stat and also take Iron Reflexes.
Iron reflexes is good for a 1 week because it allows all varieties of gear to be useful. That is a huge advantage in a 1 week race where gear is hard to come by.

That about sums it up.
"
stevich wrote:
Some guy wrote :" if you have 50% evasion and your opponent strikes ten times, you will evade 5 hits, gauranteed"
Made me laugh so hard.
These smart asses dont know about probability calculus but know exactly what are the flaws of peo LMAO.

So much fail...
Maybe you should look up some mechanics first, because that post now makes you look like an idiot. And your behaviour even more so.
This is a fresh league and only really 1 week, I can't really say this is enough to make assumptions on enough to re-balance the game, in my opinion I believe that IR is good for early game, especially in new leagues where you would want to be able to not just equip armor chest but also evasive or hybrid chest.

Another thing is CI is too late game dependent, the reason why so little people took CI, is because you need to be late game to even survive with it because of all of the gear requirements and its just not good for Nemesis, plus you need unwavering if you don't want to get perm stunned, in my opinion, I think its just way too hard to commit to Ci and takes over 70+ levels to even try it *plus you have to respec* making it too expensive for just one week.

Iron grip was use because alot of people play spectral throw, I and think there should be more skills being as useful as it is. Just in my own opinion I think basing statistics off of a 1 month league would be better because all of this is just what is decent early in the league and what would help you get into higher levels early on.
Last edited by TempoTune on Jan 15, 2014, 8:36:38 PM
Awesome stats GGG, thank you very much for this awesome game.
"
Consequence wrote:
Looking at this info I certainly see the problem the devs are referring to regarding Shadows.

However, why aren't Templars mentioned? Seems to me the Templar is the bottom of the totem pole according to these stats. Or at the least, they are tied with Shadow.

idk, the templar seems fine to me. they were the most underplayed class to begin with and as far as survivability to 80+, they only tapered off ever so slightly. %-wise it looks like the marauder and scion fared the best (scion by far)-no surprise with either of these two, with a higher % still playing these classes at level 80+; the shadow lost a hugeee percentage of players; duelist up then down ever-so-slightly; ranger was pretty even; and witch went down, then back up...im guessing due to difficulty in gearing.
remember too that the templar has easy access to both the marauder AND scion nodes (on the hp side).
generally...i dont think the scion is that oped compared to *most* other classes. obviously though its easier to make a successful build with scions early due to the proximity of so many great nodes, and her flexibility to be anything, and the usefulness of spectral throw when leveling makes her an easy, solid choice. the popular builds for her are also strong and its both a nub-friendly class (not to insinuate that those who use scions are noobs) which is a little odd since you have to reach the end of the game at least once to unlock her, AND a class for advanced players (in a sense) who want to be able to create a custom build who is OR isnt a little bit of everything (center of the tree and all).
but other classes can be just as strong...its just that building them may require a bit more effort. imo.
Last edited by awave on Jan 15, 2014, 10:39:38 PM
Lots of posts about why this or that mechanic has made HC no longer playable. I suggest an alternate theory. The servers are just not up to the task with the larger player base since release. I take at least 90% of my deaths from server hiccups. There's no way i'm playing HC in that condition, since I can only be extra careful about the other 10%.

For HC to be played, the player must feel in control of his destiny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info