A 1.0.6 Skill Prototype Video

"
"
dzjaulah wrote:
IDK how it would work. But Faster projectiles + GMP + spell totem + this skill (maybe longer duration) = ANTOLFT (Awesome Nightmare Totem Of Fire Things)

Even if it's the worst skill, it looks so freakishly cute... Gotta make a build for this :D

These are minions, not projectiles. GMP and Faster Projectiles won't do anything.

that is a bit disappointing. But still, if it's "Summon", then double totem of these + selfcast of these will work since it's not a direct dmg. Gonna be fun.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
A short lived minion like this will help to give summoners something else to do while the other minions run around and do most of the killing. I'll probably use this instead of animate weapon.
Standard Forever
act 4 will coming with 1.1.0 update ?
don't know about you but to me it looks more like that the caster leaves behind a mirror image, but the only image is that of the spell. Currently it looks and works clunky, probably because whenever you cast it i only saw a delayed fireball coming from you.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
Altexatorka wrote:
"
"
dzjaulah wrote:
IDK how it would work. But Faster projectiles + GMP + spell totem + this skill (maybe longer duration) = ANTOLFT (Awesome Nightmare Totem Of Fire Things)

Even if it's the worst skill, it looks so freakishly cute... Gotta make a build for this :D

These are minions, not projectiles. GMP and Faster Projectiles won't do anything.

that is a bit disappointing. But still, if it's "Summon", then double totem of these + selfcast of these will work since it's not a direct dmg. Gonna be fun.

That's what I'm afraid of. Essentially it will become another "deal damage at range" skill rather than a summoner skill. Basically useless for an actual summoner. Hopefully the skulls have more interaction and fit into the summoner setup than just fast cast with tons of +damage with dual totems and dps them down, which basically become another fireball.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
"
Alykk wrote:

Maybe first few areas ....
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Hate to play the devil's advocate here but how is this a summoner skill? It is really different (functionality wise) than say a fireball with fork?
Yes, it's substantially different. This is much more similar to Summon Skeletons or Animate Weapon than to Fireball, other than the art being small and on fire. It's an individual minion that has it's own AI and movement, and hits things with melee attacks multiple times.

will you fix the minion nodes to support for those flame skulls? It will be a big disappointment for me if there are have nothing change to support it because old minions still rule and look much better with full support from node and unique (Queen's decree ornate sword increase skeleton duration...)

I'm a big fan of summon and as a pure summoner i'm not really happy to see this one because with the amount of auras combine with curse, heal totem and spamming skeleton, I feel like I don't have any mana/time and gem slots left to keep spamming those flame skulls beside skeletons, except there must be something that make me replace skeleton gem for it.

When I first read about the new gem I thought the new summon gem will be some kind of single creature like skeleton that shoot magic or some kind of tanky monster that can't move but taunt mobs and deal melee damage...
Last edited by minigod123 on Jan 13, 2014, 2:23:52 AM
btw - it looks (after removing the 'flames' stuff) like 'baby-squids' spawned by some sea witches. spawn + aim + melee attack. not that it is a bad thing (im big fan of reuse) but just an obserwation

from all other games that tried the same mechanic - just make sure that that melee attack has range so it does not suffer from the 'turtle + arrow' paradox when due to target moving the skull cannot attack because it is constantly out of range.
"
Alykk wrote:

They said before that march is too early for Act 4, which makes sense.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
vixien wrote:
Incoming Homing Missle build!

Edit: Please tag this skill as "Minion, Spell, Projectile" lol

This, maybe not the Projectile ...
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info