1.0.5 Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.5
Trade chat has been rate-limited to prevent message flooding. The speed that it is set to (3 seconds per message) is still faster than the amount that is classified as abusive. If this reduces the amount of repeated messages in trade chat then we may be able to make the trade channels larger, so that messages get more exposure.[/li]

Seems bugged. For a few seconds I could spam trade chat non-stop, then the limit kicks in. And if I try to send message too fast after the limit kicks in, it resets the waiting time.

It should be changed so that after using trade chat once, a 3 seconds cooldown is implemeneted and after those 3 seconds are gone, your next message will go through no matter if you tried to send messages while those 3 seconds were not gone.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Fixed a crash related to the Shock and Horror beam.

I hope this fix prevents him from killing you in half a second with his beam on overcapped light res & purity of lightning! :)

Can't wait to see the other improvements!
So, it no longer makes sense to place more than 1 linked spell to CoC. I see this in line with CoS and CwDT as the nerfs were specifically designed that way.

There are CoC builds that became more powerful but you need a small fortune to make them work (unfortunately). I believe GGG is trying to make CoC more consistent (less powerful verse groups and more powerful verse single mobs). Unfortunately, they've moved most of the build enabling items to maps only the rich people can play.
Last edited by darkel on Jan 9, 2014, 8:39:01 AM
++ always love the change
"
darkel wrote:
So, it no longer makes sense to place more than 1 linked spell to CoC. I see this in line with CoS and CwDT as the nerfs were specifically designed that way.

There are CoC builds that became more powerful but you need a small fortune to make them work (unfortunately). I believe GGG is trying to make CoC more consistent (less powerful verse groups and more powerful verse single mobs). Unfortunately, they've moved most of the build enabling items to maps only the rich people can play.

What? Do you even CoC?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
It SEEMS like this CoC change was intended to reduce the massive multiplicative simul-casts of GMP/spell/spell/spell combos.

Sadly, it also gimps not-nearly-as-simul-casting aoe attacks like reave & cyclone, which seems like collateral damage more than anything.

Better solution: have the 50% less damage from GMP be a reduction to CoC's chance to trigger.
"
Leha_Meloman wrote:
Exalted art 4/10

Bring back old art!

1/10

CoC was op, it deserved the nerf. I had a free Respec on a random Shadow (I have many of those), so I messed around with a CoC build using random gear from my Stash. I was able to 1shot packs in 72 maps with a Quill Rain CoC+EK Build... >_<

It was ridiculous. You could go significantly tanky, and still have the same easy dps output.
Back to the drawing board, but alas, I've run out of Shadows with Respecs. :(

PS. I can iz get refund on these 2 extra Ethereal Knives Micro-Transactions? :P
PSS. Oooh~ The new Exalted art is so sexy! It's really pretty and very clear now. Before, I thought it was just black swirls, now I can clearly see, that it is in fact, faces.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jan 9, 2014, 10:44:49 AM
Laughing so hard at the people wanting CoC to be nerfed a little bit more because of 'OMG I LAG AND DIE FROM QUIL + CoC @$@$@^@#& GGG NERF THIS SHIT PLZ' Your computer is shit thus Go buy yourself a better computer and you won't lag at all. Even with Cyclone + Discharge builds in a party i still run at full speed <3 I love my PC.
CoCS change is not aimed to reduce lag nor i think GGG got that in mind when balancing. Surely if there are no summoner parties there can be no-coc ones too.

CoCS was aimed at multi EK link - since it's such high damage/slow cast spell it made manual cast EK look really bad.
Second consequence is to LA builds, mostly due to Quill rain. Split arrow QR also should take hit from that but not as much.

Sadly purely AoE based CoCS are broken - like RoA+firestorm, melee AoE+pulse or more popular cyclone. But i think cyclone still should do decent due to it's inante 2x attack speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info