Flay' Flicker Finder - 800,054 DPS, 50/390MF, fast clear speeds. [New pics in MF gear/FAQs]

"
Adraeus wrote:
"
reaperpi wrote:
It looks solid as a basic idea, and for your equipment setup (not low life, infernal mantle so 100% extra crit, low base crit) I think it's pretty solid.

Thank you!

"
reaperpi wrote:
You are likely going to hit a wall for your DPS with the current dagger, I'm sure you have plan to upgrade.

I'm already at that wall. The dagger is definitely a bottleneck, but for 8ex, it's good enough for farming more currency.

"
reaperpi wrote:
You also aren't getting much from Crown of Eyes right now. Personally I would get a good rare circlet with resists, or alphas, and swap out your rings for diamond rings. I would still keep it, it's amazing with low life, but right now it seems a bit of a waste to me.

I figured the leech couldn't hurt. I was using Rime Gaze, but I didn't want to leave a 33ex crown sitting in my stash though! ;) Alpha's Howl looks like a good alternative. A rare helm would be better but I'm poor and still need to save up for a Shavs.

"
reaperpi wrote:
I think you are definitely underestimating ondar's as well. I went from being terrified of tentacled misdiscretions to being able to ignore them completely. That's pretty cool, and I'm not sure your current setup can do that.

I ran through Lunaris a few times with my new build tweaks. I was less afraid of Tentacle Miscreations than I was with Ondar's Guile and Vaal Pact. As long as you keep moving, there's no reason to fear anything in Lunaris. In maps with dangerous mods, it's probably another story.

"
LoPan wrote:
u realize you have 3 curses proccing on your codt... Only one curse can be active at once... Complete waste.

It doesn't really matter for two reasons: a) I don't care which curse is active as long as one is active and b) I don't get hit often enough and hard enough for the curses to cast.

Ideally, I'd change the socket colors so I could replace the extra curse gems, but I need those colors when I switch equipment with my Marauder. I'm poor, remember? :)

"
LoPan wrote:
I don't see how you can deal with two less frenzy charges with such low dmg in 70+ maps.

I have only one less Frenzy Charge. Aspect of the Panther makes up for it.

"
LoPan wrote:
If you ever plan on actually using the gear for this build and running 5 auras vaal pact is necessary imo. Ondars I would recommend but you could skip it if you wanna be rebellious, although I don't know why you would.

Sblak's build is actually two builds: CI and LL. You go CI until you have the gear to go LL. If you're lucky enough that you can gear for LL, then my tweaks are irrelevant.

However, I do think my tweaks are better for CI (with 50/250 MF) than Sblak's CI approach. 17 skill points is a lot of points to use for so little gain. YMMV.

Aspect of the panther doesn't allow you the charge needed to flicker another 1-2 times, is what I was referring to.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
LoPan wrote:
Aspect of the panther doesn't allow you the charge needed to flicker another 1-2 times, is what I was referring to.

If I really need to, and I usually don't, there's always...

Anyone else using a Divination rarity flask with this build? I'm having trouble getting the buff up even for a split second as mana on kill and leech fills my pool and I lose the buff too quick. The only time I can keep it up is with 1/2 regen maps. I even dropped the 2percent mana leech passive and I still can't keep my mana pool low for the buff.
So, that was an expensive experiment! For some reason, my initial test with reflect suggested reflect wasn't a problem, but apparently, it's a big problem with my tweaks.

I went back to Ondar's Guile and Vaal Pact. 15 points for two keystones... yuck. :(

"
Anyone else using a Divination rarity flask with this build? I'm having trouble getting the buff up even for a split second as mana on kill and leech fills my pool and I lose the buff too quick. The only time I can keep it up is with 1/2 regen maps. I even dropped the 2percent mana leech passive and I still can't keep my mana pool low for the buff.

If you're CI, you won't have any luck.
Last edited by fireundubh on Feb 24, 2014, 2:09:53 AM
"

Once ur flicker dps is 6k + tooltip you can remove the mana nodes as even 1% is enough leech. Distillate flash us easier to keep up on 50% regen maps. Although I try to pop mid flick spam so i use mana as It regens. It def takes some getting used to, but it is managable. Also w.o the mana nodes on thise rare occasions you have a streak of misses or something its a nice mana pot save.
IGN:Flickfrap
Seriously, Vaal Pact is not necessary

I like this guide more: http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/lsreaveflicker-spam-ci-crit-phys-dagger-shadow/
The person who wrote that guide does very little damage (look at the dagger). Their video is also of Lunaris. I don't think you can go by that.
IGN: Victario
Celeritas is right. Not having Vaal pact sounds nice because you don't have to spend the 10-15 points, but it practice it really really really constrains your options. If you even try to flicker on a reflect pack without a 2-3 second immortal call you 1 shot yourself simple as that.

With Vaal pact you really don't have to think about it much. If you have some evasion, granites, or a cwdt immortal call, you can ignore most reflect.

You honestly won't pick up much dps from those extra point either... With good gems and gear we already have a large increased physical damage, you already have decent crit mult etc. It's a much better idea to get mana or the ability to run 2 auras, hatred gives you an extra 50% or so dps, and having enough mana or mana on kill nodes means you can flicker much better.

Getting VP + mana + aura nodes in the end builds a much more powerful and flexible flicker
Also Vaal pact means that if we are ever low ES we can leech to full almost instantly... Even totally ignoring reflect that's a huge benefit
I have pretty much the exact same gear minus a lower lvl weapon than the OP and have been following this build....

I am having serious survival issues. my resists are maxed... but seem to die frequently to random spike damage....

can someone help me out?

IGN: Unstabie
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info