We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I tried the game for a week, but ultimately I feel that - for a new player - the game is simply way too incomprehensible. I welcome complexity but not when I can't intuitively figure out where I am going with a build and why *this choice* is better than another choice with regards to passive skills, items, gems and so on.

I salute the devs for making a game that a lot of people seem to enjoy, but it's sadly not for me. :)
first impression was look at this skill tree :o

this game is so hard merciless act3. i quit that point never know anything about poe until steam release.

after steam release. here we go again oh this game runs so smooth now

oh what there is no more mercilesss?

wow i can actualy killin those monsters now

hey hold on i never seen maps before how those work ?

look at those items man what is going on too many items bro.
after figure out there is itemfilters. this cool yo thanks who ever made this.

okay my build seems like workin or game is so much easier now

what there is trade browser?
man i need stash tabs

OH MY GOD so you can simply need premium stash tab to put items on trade instantly? why i was postin on forums before.

i cant even tell you how game experience increases when i got hands on premium stash tabs. and trade grind keeps me in game.

there is bonus end of story impression got banned error. excuse me ?

Thank you for the message. I have looked into your account and you were banned for Real Money Trading. This is the buying or selling of any accounts, currency or items or any external goods or services.

legends say player still askin around which action he did really was.

At first couple of mins of playing this. Looked like a low class typical game. Animation and effects are not so good for me in the beginning. But later on, the more i am playing the game it become better. Only having problem so far are i am confused with so many things as a beginner. Skill tree is so many. Dont know which one i should put my points. And the skill gems also. Which one should i use. I know i will gonna figure things out soon. But my impressions is not a beginner friendly.
I was thinking about Poe and its complexity. I think Poe 2 should be choose easier for new players. Maybe if u add "paths of exile" in skill tree 2-3 ways of builds for each character that new player can go. If u implement standard builds in your trees new players stay more in game. They will be know what to do. OF course Pro players could on/off this tips. The rest of the game is easier to learn than this. I think its the easiest way to take care of new players. Sry for my English
Ok next thought. These paths can be shown as little transparent circles red, green and blue. Each char has specific gems drop rates in missions so when u end quest and choose for example fire arrow skill your skill tree will show the Path of the most standard and common build for the archer for fire arrow. I know that will be easy way but i say one more time it should be on//off tip.
Poe has so many pro players. We have pastebin and poe builder. I think copy paste some the most standard builds for GGG isn't so much problem. I think Streamers help u with choose which build will be the best for new GUYS. They have many films on you tube. And many players stay more in game to end this build or another. 3 builds x 7 characters are tones of hours of playing game and many new players that stay in game for weeks:)
I am in a rough spot when it comes to this game. I really like many things about it, and I have spent a good deal of money supporting it, but I know my time here is limited and eventually I have to get away from it because it literally changes my mood and behavior. It is one of the few games that absolutely rages me at times.

One simple thing for me, I absolutely cannot stand the experience loss at higher levels. This is a game that is designed to kill you around every corner. So why in the hell would it be necessary to penalize a new or semi-casual player that is seeking to take risks and progress? All this does is cause us to back off, do content we know we can do, and then the game becomes boring or stale. Suggestions I have heard were to only do so when you first reach the next level. Just think about it, that is a ridiculous way to have to play.

For those that love the experience loss, great, just give us an option to play on a different type of server with less experience loss or other means of penalty that does not punish the already slow progress at high end. I would even be okay with 5 chaos loss each death or something. This way, you could earn the money to take risks and still not go backwards in level.

Another, easier solution, just give us an option to turn off experience at level 90. For some reason, Seeing experience go away just makes some of us feel like shit and that we are wasting our time. I am for sure one of these people. I like to take my time, plan things out, not always rush (yes the time limits in this game drive me nuts at times too), and always seek progressing forward, even if it is small gains.

I have reached a spot in my life where time is the most valuable thing. I am not going to play a game where I see two hours of my time just disappear or seem to anyway.

I closing, there are many things I love about this game, but this one major thing is too big of a deal to keep me around for a long time. My wife will divorce me if I keep playing :)
"
AgentPyye wrote:

Another, easier solution, just give us an option to turn off experience at level 90.

100% best solution i have heard to the exp loss issue that would not enrage a significant amount of people *salute* safe travels exile.
Innocence forgives you
I think the Metamorph bosses will be cool when I reach higher level. Dying in the first level (aoe fire /w zero resists) reminds me why I always skip the league stuff until end-game. It seems that will be the case in this league again, which isn't a huge deal.
I would post a first impression if there weren't still two hours of game download left.

Seriously.

Other friends have been playing for an hour and a half already. We were supposed to party together. We are all in Australia.

The download through the stand alone game was about half an hour. Through steam, it's been 2 hours and counting. 4 hours total.

I am REALLY, REALLY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info