We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Wow weaver camps the doorway and insta-kills me when I enter. I'm not even sure I'll be able to complete quest.

Edit: I killed it but dam, that was tough! I think my build suffered hard with passive pathing through straight life/str. Glass cannon may have faired better.
Last edited by beefnuggy on Dec 13, 2019, 6:02:37 PM
I've come back to the game after a very long hiatus. Started playing just before Conquerors of the Atlas came out and I basically had to get used to actually playing the Atlas, because in my previous stint I didn't get to max level.

The Atlas, for the brief period I experienced it in its old incarnation, was a very exciting tug of war between the Shaper and the Elder. I felt it live and breathe as I did my maps, with the Elder grabbing some land here and there. Or the Shaper blocking the Elder's progression at certain chokepoints. Or again the Elder spreading like a plague when I fought the Shaper in those chokepoints. This was also signalled visually with beautiful, moving art on the Atlas itself as well as on the map tilesets. Stars and tentacles gave the whole thing an appropriately eldritch feel, in line with the general tone of the game. A whole feast of immersion in the fantasy, in short!

And it got me coming back again and again, trying to hunt for the next Shaper Memory in incremental steps.

The New Atlas has very little resemblance to that, as far as attention to detail goes. It does very little for immersion. The regions, once you meet an Exile, are coloured in pastel shades that have no place in this gritty world and look as if someone used the Fill function in MS Paint or spilled their watercolour on Zana's carefully traced glyphs. The zones are static, the stars and tentacles are gone, not replaced by anything specific to the Elderslayers (e.g. a pattern made up of symbols specific to the Elderslayer's class). The Shaper's voicelines are gone from each of his influenced maps, further reducing the immersion. Exile voicelines exist, but you only bump into them during fighting and they get lost in the commotion. Shaper voicelines at the beginning of a map were a declaration that set the mood.

That was all about the flavor side of things. Mechanically, I don't necessarily mind the RNG grind hunting for Exiles in specific zones, but the problem is that I can't tell from a glance in my Map Stash where to go next. I always have to switch between Atlas view and Stash view to remember which maps belong to which reason. In the Old Atlas this was not an issue because the maps had specific Shaper or Elder borders in the stash, so I could quickly chose between them. Maybe the RNG for Exile encounters could be tweaked a bit, but more importantly the hunt should be made more interactive and exciting. Right now it feels like a bare bones kind of system concept.

All of this does not make me want to come back to the New Atlas again and again.
Last edited by evanb0 on Dec 15, 2019, 4:39:57 AM
i dont find eyes from bosses...really annoying
im sitting on tons of other organs wich i cant use

thats my only issue...the rest of the league and the new endgame is super fun
"
evanb0 wrote:
I've come back to the game after a very long hiatus. Started playing just before Conquerors of the Atlas came out and I basically had to get used to actually playing the Atlas, because in my previous stint I didn't get to max level.

The Atlas, for the brief period I experienced it in its old incarnation, was a very exciting tug of war between the Shaper and the Elder. I felt it live and breathe as I did my maps, with the Elder grabbing some land here and there. Or the Shaper blocking the Elder's progression at certain chokepoints. Or again the Elder spreading like a plague when I fought the Shaper in those chokepoints. This was also signalled visually with beautiful, moving art on the Atlas itself as well as on the map tilesets. Stars and tentacles gave the whole thing an appropriately eldritch feel, in line with the general tone of the game. A whole feast of immersion in the fantasy, in short!

And it got me coming back again and again, trying to hunt for the next Shaper Memory in incremental steps.

The New Atlas has very little resemblance to that, as far as attention to detail goes. It does very little for immersion. The regions, once you meet an Exile, are coloured in pastel shades that have no place in this gritty world and look as if someone used the Fill function in MS Paint or spilled their watercolour on Zana's carefully traced glyphs. The zones are static, the stars and tentacles are gone, not replaced by anything specific to the Elderslayers (e.g. a pattern made up of symbols specific to the Elderslayer's class). The Shaper's voicelines are gone from each of his influenced maps, further reducing the immersion. Exile voicelines exist, but you only bump into them during fighting and they get lost in the commotion. Shaper voicelines at the beginning of a map were a declaration that set the mood.

That was all about the flavor side of things. Mechanically, I don't necessarily mind the RNG grind hunting for Exiles in specific zones, but the problem is that I can't tell from a glance in my Map Stash where to go next. I always have to switch between Atlas view and Stash view to remember which maps belong to which reason. In the Old Atlas this was not an issue because the maps had specific Shaper or Elder borders in the stash, so I could quickly chose between them. Maybe the RNG for Exile encounters could be tweaked a bit, but more importantly the hunt should be made more interactive and exciting. Right now it feels like a bare bones kind of system concept.

All of this does not make me want to come back to the New Atlas again and again.

I couldn’t have made such a fair description.
Just the detail of the awful pastel colored areas is just amazing.
How can we draw such pretty items and have this idea?
I completely agree, the new maps, while providing much more exp and loot, is much less immersive, and the zone boarders look ugly asF

it could be drawn better, or some evenly divided black lines would be better than this ugly thing.
also spending lots of time trying to find out which hidden map goes into which zone is just tiresome,
The scam posts are the reflection of the decrease of the overall intelligence of humanity
“Oh I fucked up and I’m gonna let everyone know about it”
Just opened a bottle of fine champagne celebrating the fivethousandth disc in this league.
Hi guys,

this league is awesome. I like that you have increased the boss difficulty and thw Metamorph fights are great fun.

However I feel you could increase the rewards of the Metamorph fights a bit. If you watch the streaemrs at Twitch, no one is actually doing the metamorph fights. You lose time picking up the body parts. The fight is time consuming and difficult. And the general consensus of the guys, who know what they are doing, is the fight is not worth it.

I am doing the fights, because they are fun. But I know it is not the most efficient gameplay.

Using the current league mechanic has always been one of the best ways to make currency in POE. This league is an exception. I hope you will change that.

Nevertheless: Great league. Thank you for it.
this game jsut went downhill on me again. crashes laggs. just month ago i got pc upgraded. and support says press f1 and send us screenshot. jesus man. thats that hopefully thats get sorted out . another weekend ruined for me not being able to play.

but play for what ? scraps on standard. i am not fond of leagues. just just beta for plebs who come thinking selling theyr shit in std. but they just lose it all what they earned in league. but i think they have fun.

but what i do in std. i try frikin get 2 years my bow dps up and defence, and im almost done then ggg comes and shits on me, all scraped and corner, i go full dps i insta die. i minmax defence attack. i waste 30 minutes on killing some stupid boss. not mentioning rares on map. oh right the first really big thing what annoys the f out of me is the drops in standard. what the hell. is the way to push people into leagues ? increase currency drp for god sake.

and stop nerfing all the damage and defence. if somone get some really nice damage you bring it so down it loses all its fun of it. ye i am crying im salty. this is really first game what drives me really angry what the f this ggg doing with his playerbase. and they like it i see.
fk archnemesis.
This league is shit. Unplayable in party. drop ,lags and wooden seervers
I played poe since one year now. I think I am between casual and hardcore gamer, I never kill alone ulber elder, but I had some fun playing build I love.

I this league, it was so hard for beginning, and I can not play what I liked. I have to change for one the "good" gems for the season. Even if I do, the game experience stay hard (die and very long time to kill small mobs) and I just stay in small map. No fun for me not to be able to play smooth and have progress with a little investissement in small difficulty. It is liked you make the game for big hard core gamer and forget all the small people.

If we can not play a lot of different builds, item required are overprize and it make a double pain for small player. It is discouraging. New habilities are good if we can evade it with good move, but increased difficulty with instant one shot skill or just make small mob hard to kill is not fun.

You make good job in make your game more and more rich each time, but please keep the beginning smooth and not to hard to understand or punitive, if we don't do the best optimized choices.
Last edited by Maysmat on Jan 6, 2020, 8:25:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info