We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

After a few years of play, i think i'll go play some other fun stuff like d3 for example.

We will buff melee surv - melee got destroyed with "Life leech" + monster damage.
We will stop "shotgun effect" - get rekt by 3 white mobs with flaming rocks + 2 add projectiles (4.7k Hp + 70% phys res + 76% fire rez + 0 extra monster damage aside 2 add proj, lvl 74 map)

Tormented spirit - brand new idea, oh wai... its just a goblin from d3, doop from MH, or same kind of monster from any other game. But lets make it harder - lets make it run with speed of light, get agroed outside of screen, buff monsters with some ridiculus s#$@ like thiefs touch.

Now i even dont care how good is the new stuff added to the game, cos the game is not fun anymore. Good job GGG.
Even though I was able to play/test a bit in closed beta (and realised that it was pointless due to a massive lack of communication) all my concerns came to reality. The whole act 4 is just massively overtuned. You could nerf most of the unique bosses by like 30% hp and damage and they are still too hard. How in hell should any new player stick to the game when they can play through act 1 to 3 and then get completely destroyed in act 4 normal? With the current state of the game there will be less and less players each season which is pretty much retarded. GGG your game philosophy killed the fun for most of your players and you should fix that.
I just want to further the sentiments of the last few people here. First time posting here. I haven't done many posts in general. And I won't go in to everything as a lot has been said. Also, since there are a few other vets posting I figure it is ok for me to do so as well.

I have played this game for a few years. It just becomes more and more unfriendly to casual players and new players. I can't even count the number of players(probably in the 100s) that I have HAD to give gear and level in order to have them not rage quit your game. And that was before this recent "buff." You have pretty much made this game in to something that is not fun to play. The majority of people that I talked to who play this game feel that it is getting more and more catered to the top tier of players. Players who do Atziri. Players who have all the good uniques, who don't find doing higher lvl maps impossible. Those people are far from your largest clientele. I've played for years and don't really have enough gear to do Atziri comfortably. I know people who still couldn't even do merciless, let alone map.

Some info on my play style: I have a bunch of lvl 80+ toons, 70+ toons, etc. I have 1,000s of hours played on this game. Probably too much. I am the person that liked to make new builds and just have fun playing. Getting a toon to 1-80+ in a few days and making a new one. Or just to 40; it really didn't matter. The majority of the time, playing with self found gear from THAT toon. Usually I was able to do that until at least lvl 60ish. Sometimes even 80 if I found stuff. I didn't care to do Atziri. I didn't want to have to grind on one enemy over and over. I didn't want to have to "play" the trade system by ripping off the new people. The people who don't know currency ratios. The people who don't know that unique is worth 40 chaos and not just 5 chaos. Or that the rare they thought was worthless is worth multiple exalted. And why? Just to get that one item that I needed to get to a map 1 lvl higher or survive a little longer or kill a little faster. Most of the "rich" people I knew in game have used one or both of these methods.

Speaking of that. The community that is in this game is some of the worst that I have ever had to deal with. I'm not saying that everyone is bad.... but, there is definitely a large group of them. They are also the most vocal group. Case in point; there had to be specific mention to be nice to these posts IN THE TITLE. How bad does that speak of the community without even knowing anything else? I have witnessed this over the course of years. Maybe it was the people I partied with in public. Maybe it was the time I was on in general chat. Maybe it was the random guild I joined. But, I highly doubt that. Even now, as I read through the posts on the feedback section, most of the responses are people arguing against what the person originally posts.

I usually just ignore/block these people. But, I can see how many feel upset by their behavior.

There was a staff member who posted on a thread that was in regards to AI improvement. That was the only post that I have seen by any member on this feedback and suggestions group of threads. The person made a seemingly sarcastic post about improving the general AI because of the new AI associated with the new release. That was the only thing responded to. Why even respond to that? What about the people having crashing problems. Or the people posting bug reports or mechanic problems. Let alone removing un-needed posts that are essentially just bashing the OP. Instead the only response in almost a whole day is a response on something that didn't even need an answer. Is it that these threads don't matter? Why have them?

Either way, I felt like expressing my opinion as your recent changes have made me want to not play your game anymore. I have the characters and gear to play your new WALL FOR GEAR CHECK; I just don't find it enjoyable or fun. I'm perfectly happy accepting this is how you are going as your game design. I just don't care for it and won't be playing until it becomes more enjoyable to newer players. I enjoyed your game and the money I put towards you guys was well spent. Keep on doing you. I won't even give a suggestion because if I was the type of person who liked doing boss raids/grinds then I would still be happy. Thanks for the gaming I got out of you guys so far! :)

P.S. I loved all the art, music, and effects that you put into the new act. Especially those little totem guys. Sorry for grammar errors, etc.
Is this game made for the 1% of people that play it all day long?
Because as a "normal" players you get wrecked everywhere in this game and won't even get far enough to do maps.
"
MrMeowMeow wrote:
Is this game made for the 1% of people that play it all day long?
[...]

Yes, you got the point. GGG designs this game only for the top players. The casual ones (normally the basic of every game) is nothing of interest for the developers.
I have to say this game impresses me. At start i did not understand a thing, but then i took the time to learn the game and join a guild. And what a couple of fun hours i have been playing. Currently 8 hours in the game and still fun to play. Cant wait to do more endgame. GG Grinding gear games!
In short.
First of all, this game is great. It's even brilliant! Thanks GGG for the awesome work! But...

- Act4 is the worst among others, it's storyline totally ruins the lore, sometimes oppose previous acts and need to be rewritten.
- I like Highgate and Aqueducts, bur dried lake looks too empty. Yes, it's a lake but it's boring.
- I feel like alone exile in Sceptre of God. I wasn't killing monsters in hundreds, they were rivals to me. After patch 2.0 before Act4 I'm a 40th level in normal mode, monsters die just in sight. And Dominus too. Too easy and boring.
- Crystal veins just not crystal, visually they don't differs from mines 1-2.
- What is the Rapture device? A drill? Are you serious? )) Also, there is no lore about this device.
- There is also no lore about portals to Kaom and Deresso. Both are in their twisted dream, that's OK, but who opened them? Dialla?
- What happened to Dialla after she swithed on this drill? Why she lost her immortality? In Act3 she said that choosed at one point from "Empire and selfish me" and then "live, and live". But in Act4 she speaks about "Malachai betrayal".
- In Act3 Dialla is like avatar of eternity, she don't care of anything, just annoying bugs. In Act4 she is soft and mours like simple human. WTH??
- How the hell Piety travelled from Sarn (she is a witch but just a human, a woman!) to Beast's bellly? We killed her, the story is over. There is absolute no logic in her appearance, and words, and motives, and help. We killed her second time, why we had to work together??
- Like a boss Piety-II is bad, her beam is overtuned, there is no place to hide from it and overall fight design is awful.
- Maligaro, Shevronne and Doedre are too iconic characters just to be sitting in their rooms and do nothing. Even spider in Act2 has far better part of a story.
- I don't understand the whole idea about Malachai organs. No tie with previous storyparts, no sense, sorry.
- From Highgate game loses it's freedom and become long-long corridors, first mines, then Daresso, and belly. Where is the previous design that was so great?

...and so on.

I don't like Act4, I don't want to pass it again and again. I want to run it very fast and return to coas, forest, pyramid and city.
Act4 feels like alpha stage and needs far more work everywhere.
Last edited by iLobster on Jul 15, 2015, 4:53:20 AM
fix aurs please none of the builds we played work you messed up can't run 3 auras anymore
Hargan is my spirit NPC which one is yours?
I wrote this post only to let u know that PoE is now my favourite game in the whole world.
act IV is the act that i was waiting for, it is amazing, boss fight are super and all the environments and the items, and the monsters and bosses of the act are just amazing
i want to congratulate with you for have made the best game in the world.
not only with act IV but with all the greate things that u have made with the entire game, from the masters to the cards to the hideouts and the new passive tree you have made a really competitive game.
you are constantly adding content to a game that is actually free to play and that evryone can play without pay and without soffer from pay to win, you finally made the BEST GAME.
love u GGG and today i choose to pay for the game, are only 30$ but i don't need in game things, i only wanted to let u know that i support you and i thank you for the greate job u are doing.
Congratulation.

sorry for my english, i'm from italy^^
not going to bother anyone with wall of txt, just in short;
i play this game since closed beta and i have around 2900 hours on steam and god knows how much before steam so i'm no noob...

in short; game is not fun anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info