1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

This would be a decent armor?
Try with normal armor with 90 HP and try this one. which one gives more HP? use it as long as ur resists capped
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
How do I get more dexterity to use faster attack? Also, since 5,6 link is practically impossible to get (for me), would it be a good idea to take out life leech (already have blood magic) for faster attack?
I'm level 50 and am following this guide and I am having a hard time staying alive, my hp is around 1650, and my dps is around 900. Its hard to get better gear because I constantly die. What should I do?
Spoiler
"
domelious wrote:
I'm level 50 and am following this guide and I am having a hard time staying alive, my hp is around 1650, and my dps is around 900. Its hard to get better gear because I constantly die. What should I do?
Spoiler

Get resistances on your rings to start with, rarity isnt going to help you progress.

And yeah more Max Life also.
Spoiler

i have only 10k dps ground slam , armour 3k , im feel so low :(
Does Mind Over Matter (When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life) work with Blood Magic? If so, is it effectively an across-the-board 30% damage reduction because you have no mana?
bloodmagic makes ur lifepool ur manapool so doesnt work
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
---> Disclaimer: i am not an expert! <---
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

@Garbapp:
Besides Marauder, you can also start as Duelist or even Templar if you use a variant of the original build.
Just be sure you know what you are doing, have you "final" build and order you will take points figured out ;)

@PaulusGrandis:
Nice to hear you are doing better! :)

Just make sure you get a weapon that will last you "forever" (ie until you can afford an uber-piece), at your lvl you should be getting "final" pieces imo ;)

@Adraeus:
The "best" is to get attributes you need from gear, if that isn't an option for some reason you could get a temporary +30 node that will later respec, but it's better to get it from gear.

Like skarbziemi said Carnage Heart is a useful amulet (the high LL is very nice), i have noticed a trend lately, many people (including myself) use it.

@Hirukaru:
Hmmmm now that i think about it, it turns out that the very high AS of the Viodhome is hurting you:

You should be able to run your attacks out of mana just fine (with your amount of mana leech) with 150 mana free if your attacks cost around 30.

But due to your very high AS, you run out of mana :(
I think that you would be ok if you used a more "reasonable" AS weapon (around 1.30 for example instead of the 1.80 of the Voidhome), for the same DPS ofc. A step towards high-dmg/low-AS would also help (again for the same DPS result!).
I am not 100% sure, but i think that is the issue here...

Note that the only "speed-related" thing that doesn't hurt you in your case, is the MultiS gem: it's "attack repeats 2 additional times" is kind of a free AS increase without spending the mana/sec for it.
In comparison, FasterAttacks raises your overall AS, so you need more mana/sec.

@pelll:
Belly of the Beast is a fairly new Unique, so it hasn't been tested much.

From a first glance, it seems nice as a lvling piece (for lvl 50-60 maybe), not sure how it compares to a "nice" Rare armor for a higher-lvl char...
Carcass Jack has the dmg bonus, Death's Oath has the attrb and AS bonus, Kaom's Heart well you know, what does Belly of the Beast have? The flask thing isn't very useful imo and the life is around the same as a good stat i think (at least nothing close to a super-bonus like Kaom's).
Just my personal opinion ;)

@Akuq:
You have LifeGainOnHit and not LifeLeech, still if you could replace it with FA without hurting yourself, it would boost your DPS
*Also try to get better gloves :P

@domelious:
Assuming your tree is ok, your problem is gear:

You haven't followed the guides suggestions about life and res and now you pay the price :/
Don't tell me you haven't found a better Amulet than a white Gold one in 50 levels....
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 24, 2013, 5:48:19 AM
So I hit merciless and I am on my way to take all elemental resitance nodes. But what bugs me is chaos resistance. It's -47%. What should I do about it? I don't feel like wearing chaos res ring, because I prefer life/life reg combination of a ring or all elemntal res ring with life sustaining mods.
I have had my fill of words and tearful farewells. I desire blood and cries of our enemy.

~Gannicus
Last edited by NobodySuper on Dec 24, 2013, 6:23:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info