1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

@jirkamcz
Sent you a pm explaining some basic stuff since they are not related to the build.

@くりす
Link your passive tree too. Click on your portrait, then passive tree tab and it will open your tree. Paste that link for us to see it.

Piety and especially dominus can be hard to do unless you are higher level. Farm Catacombs (either alone or public parties) for some more levels or do low level maps (66-67) before trying Piety again. Don't focus too much on Armor, Life-Ele Res-Chaos res are more important. Start from your weakest gear piece and start finding upgrades. Seeing your gear I'd prioritize gloves, helmet, amulet, no life ring, chest, higher pDPS weapon.

For survivability I strongly recommend you to get 1 or even better 2 CwdT 3 links or 4 links, one low level like 1 and one high level 15+. Keep Leap Slam alone without support gems. Also work on replacin Leech gems with Multi Strike or Faster attacks, aim is to sustain yourself without it. Take a look at a post of mine 1-2 pages back where I linked my gear to get ideas about useful links.

Also make sure your 5 flasks are strong. That means the highest level ones, 20% quality and good rolls on them.

Personal gameplay is a strong reason when choosing flasks but you get an idea of what you should be going for more or less.
Last edited by eladir on Dec 22, 2013, 7:04:11 AM
short question.... is it wort picking up master of the arena, going through executioner and the 2 additional nodes there in the duelist tree?
I`m lvl 69 atm, im thinking about buying a 5l chest, how much do you think i should invest?

A high AR 5l should be enough?
Buy ~90 life/ 900-1100 Ar/ double res (light and cold), 6s/5L.

It should be about 3Ex
Hi m8!!First of all really nice guide..GZ!!
I'm a Lev 77 Marauder my stats are:
AR 5.5k+
Res:75
Life:4.2k
Heavy strike dmg:about 9k
Ground Slam:6.5k

My problem is that i find myself dying sometimes really too fast overall against certain type of unique bosses.If u can give me some advice on what i have to update in my equipment and which changes i could do on my passive.Thanks in advance

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtDjwPzBLhFCAUcRiRGS4aOBpVJ-0pLi3SMZ4yCTWSNug62D38QKBBP0GqSshN41BHUFBR5lRJVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFko2oebEZuqnJscql07XgNeu98uHzZhO-HaoiPiPGKr4zPkFWRzp65ns2fy6LqpBmmV6ZkpzCnhKgYqW6sWayqtC-18rndu-3AGsQVxPbG2MmY0EfSIdlh3sHfv-Lq5K3nUuw47w7vTvIv9kj3vv6P
Last edited by Gabriellus86 on Dec 22, 2013, 1:46:18 PM
---> Disclaimer: i am not an expert! <---

Here we go:

@jirkamcz:
Spoiler
You need to get some better items my friend...

Your under 200DPS Mace is just too weak :(
You should be able to find cheap ones that are >300DPS once you hit lvl57, in a quick search i did now there are a couple of 320DPS ones for 1chaos (no links ofc). If you spend 5chaos you can get them as 4L or get one over closer to 350DPS (although 4L-ing is easy to do now on your own).
Rest of your gear are crap too i'm afraid (the Amulet is "ok" maybe), like eladir said you should be looking for life and res stats.

You should swap LifeGainOnHit for LifeLeech on your HeavyStrike, see how that works (you might be low in DPS to see an improvement). And don't have empty slots on your gear, put in gems you might/will need later on so they can start lvling up ;)

As for how to get currency, well except the random drops from casual play, you could just pick up every blue and vendor them for scraps if you are desperate...
And turn those Augs to Alts (Nessa), no one trades Augs ;)
If you were in Standard i could help you with some gear, but unfortunately that's not the case :(

In your case maybe a few days of farming for loot/XP could be beneficial (in Docks for instance).

@blazingsprocket:
Spoiler
You could use gear upgrades on most items, however these are the really "weak links" i see:
You 300DPS mace is barely enough for your lvl... I think 400DPS is more suitable for a nearly lvl80 char (my opinion as always).
Get rid of those gloves! Get some with high (>70) life and at least one high (>35) res. Life + 1 res should be 1chaos, but at your lvl you should be going for more "permanent" gear, more expensive stuff that you will keep for a loooong time ;)
Chest's 1K AR and 88 life is ok and the 5L is sweet, but not even one res :(
A 5L upgrade won't be cheap, but keep in mind that that piece is a weak link too...

Also i agree with eladir, you should change the stun gem for a dmg-boosting one.
Also your whole CwDT "link combo" is too low-lvl imo, maybe lvl up CwDT to lvl5 or thereabouts (and the rest of the gems to the same lvl required ofc).

Also it's around your lvl that players start to look for good items with lots of res, so they can start respecing some of the tree nodes they use for that. I thought i should mention this since you use a ton of res nodes in your tree ;)

@Exiled_Wanderer:
Spoiler
Well 4L is quite easy to get now, but getting more than 4-5 sockets using Jewels can still be a pain. So if you have 4L in other pieces for your two main attacks, it's ok i guess.

As for the tree, you could either go further into the Duelist area, or go the Templar nodes instead.
Since you are at lvl77 and won't have many more points to use, i would suggest the Templar area for more life, armor and maybe even Amplify.
And try to get rid of the +30 stats nodes you have taken, some of the res ones too (especially the "+6 to all" one).

Maybe something like this?

Then once you can respec more res nodes you can change the path to the life nodes and take Faith and Steel plus the +1 EndCharge, instead of the two useless EleDmg nodes.
Just my suggestion :)

@Hirukaru:
Spoiler
Go for the rest of the Scion's life circle nodes next, the two +1 EndCharges too.
Also if you are sure that you will not be using the BM node again, you could be a little more affective that area, maybe go for something like this:

The one +12% dmg node is "meh" (same also applies to the Executioner node btw), you can find better 15% ones, or just use the point saved to use on a path to something else or whatever.

This is better for your 65 points i think:

I'm not suggesting you spend Regrets to do this now!!!
Just though to show a "better" (?) way ;)

You seem to have a good idea of the gear upgrades you need :)

Georfri's Baptism is at it's last legs, once you hit lvl57 you should be able to find a much better mace, and if you can afford a 5L that would be sweet!
Also you should use a MeleePhysDmg gem on your HS also (it's really the first gem anyone should use in any of our skills). It should be better than MultiS...

The rest of the gear you can replace on will (and currency lol), more life and more res is always good :)

Res not maxed even with Goldrim???
:(
Get gear with high res ASAP!

You mention mana, you don't have the BM node in the tree, but i see no Auras on your gear, what's up with that???
First one you should use is Determination, especially since you only have 1K AR...

@くりす:
Spoiler
Yea, the so called "titty bitches" are hard opponents in Lunaris...

Your 300DPS mace is not "bad", but a think that a 5L (on chest or weapon) is appropriate for your char lvl and it would help your DPS. Going for a 400DPS+ "expensive" mace would be nice also.
Personaly i would suggest that your next purchase would be a nice 5L armor with high life + 2 high res.

Your boots actually aren't that bad, not that you could not use better ones with higher life for example, but it's an ok piece for now, definitely not a priority.
Your helm on the other hand is the first thing that should go (like today!), it may have high AR but it's totally useless as a piece... Even a free/1alch piece with "meh" life+res stats would be better :/
You belt is nice :)

And don't go for MF, personally i think it's a lost cause unless you are a dedicated MF'er in parties with really high Q/R. The only thing i gained when i used 80IIQ/120IIR for a while was more crappy rares to vendor :/
And you can't "afford" it now, it's something you could try (and get disappointed like me lol) if you were doing fine, but for now focus on being able to survive Piety (her Ice form is the harder one).

@3rra:
Spoiler
It depends on your current tree and where you are trying to go from there...

If you follow the original build and you are at Vigor, then no it's not worth it. The Range mod is only useful if you use Cyclone, on HS it really doesn't make a difference, and the other two mods are pretty average. My opinion ofc :)

For me personally, the Master of the Arena node is pretty "meh" (for builds close to the the original at least), but it's in the path of other sweet nodes in the Duelist tree if you are going for a variant of the original build like me ;)

@Gabriellus86:
Spoiler
You mean bosses in maps? If yes then it depends on the map mods, and some bosses are really hard in any case (unless you have all 500ex uber-gear).

Your tree looks ok, personally i dislike a few things like the +30Int, the +6 to all res, spending the extra point for Executioner when you already have a path to Steel Skin though +10str points etc, but i don't any serious "issues" ;)
Go for the rest of the Scion's life circle next.

Your gear seems ok also, no serious issues:
You could go for a helm that has at least one high res besides life and you can always get better jewellery, but overall i see no short-comings...

Try to get rid of the LL gems if possible and maybe add more stuff to your CwDT (besides MoltenS): EndCry would help keep your Charges up, and a curse/totem/xxx could help also.

Some bosses are just deadly i suppose :/

@pelll:
Like skarbziemi said, high life and two high res is the first thing, high AR comes after.

*my current crap:
Spoiler
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 22, 2013, 3:09:08 PM
@Gabriellus86

As far as the skill tree I suggest going from your current one to this one (same points). Removed useless/weak passives and replaced them with stronger ones (Life #1 Target) and moved you very close to Amplify on the top which is great. Cost for that respec should be small. Dunno what you intend to do on the bottom right (Vaal Pact ??? don't think you strong enough for that yet) but for a more radical change I'd go for this one. Again same points, a lot stronger and only 2 points away from Amplify. Cost of this respec would be high but after that it's only small details left in the tree, nothing major missing.

As far as items go I notice a complete lack of chaos resistance which is probably the main cause of your sudden deaths. Start upgrading your items starting from the worst one and moving your way up looking to fill up holes like no chaos res, no hp on one ring, no movement speed on boots, higher or same dps weapon but with lower attack speed (higher the damage per hit, higher the actual damage since it penetrates more armor that way), get sustain from other ways than leech gems and replace them with DPS ones (Added Fire Dmg or Faster Attacks on HS, Concentrated Effect or Faster Attacks for GS).

For survivability use that high level CwdT in at least a 3L with high level Decoy Totem and if you can get a 4L with something other you like (Enfeeble/Raise Zombie/Enduring Call). Imo use a second low level CwdT with Enduring and Enfeeble for 3L, Molten Shell or something else for 4L. Last item's links are more open to personal choices, I use it mostly for Increased Duration and Immortal Call to help me against reflect dmg and heavy hitting bosses. You can check my links a couple of bages back to get ideas.
I just got a Mahori Erqi drop :D

I guess i have to work on make it 4linked at least? hw many fuse i can spend on that more or less?

Keep in mind is my first char, im still learning, specially need help with the stuff worth to sell or just to vendor.

Current gear
Spoiler

Tree
@pelll:

Congrats on the drop dude! :)

My advice is to 6S/5L it:
6S (and you need 6, not 5!) might take a few Jews, but it's worth it.
Same with fuses, i can tell you from personal experience that it might take as few as 29 to 5L, but also 150 and even more :/

4L would be a breeze for a 6S but don't settle for that. Even if you end up spending 2-3ex of orbs to get it to 5L, still you will end up with a 8ex+ worth of weapon ;)
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 22, 2013, 4:28:20 PM
Where and from what monster did you get Marohi ??

Gratz :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info