1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
skarbziemi wrote:
I bet you are low on life...

3000 HP is a must for Merciles, with reduction from armour at least 35% (without endurance charges) and resists +60% to all.

That blue ring sucks, you will get better for free :)

I meet 3000 HP mark with 3466 HP, but I only have 25 % Damage reduction with armour, but I do have max res.

Yea blue ring sux, and I just changed to this

Last edited by くりす on Dec 20, 2013, 11:56:38 PM
is it not worth it to try and include Butchery in the skill tree?
"
Radagastt wrote:
is it not worth it to try and include Butchery in the skill tree?
Probably not, there are more efficient passives to boost your DPS. Unless you've taken all of those and still want more damage passives.
Hello all!
I started play PoE few days ago and I followed this build (tried ranger but it was terrible). Normal was pretty ok (well died on Dominus at least 10 times) A1 + A2 on cruel was quite OK too however I really hit wall in A3 - died multiple times before I reached Piety and I wasnt able to kill her by myself (one guy from global chat helped me after 20 wipes). Also or unique mobs are kinda rough for me. Maybe I'm missing something please can you tell me what?
Thanks in advance!
---> Disclaimer: i am not an expert! <---

@skarbziemi:
Yea, reaching lvl90 isn't easy and it's certainly not worth it for the 3-4 more tree points. I think it's just about how much you want to keep playing that same char, most people get to 80-85 before the try a new build/char class.

Atm i get 1-2% out of lvl71 maps and around 5-6% from lvl76 ones :(

@Exiled_Wanderer:
Although i am not familiar with Domination prices, i think that 1ex is a good price for an un-linked 420DPS weapon, you could probably re-sell it for 2ex in standard.

6S-ing it may take 100-200 jewels (=1ex) or more and 5L-ing it more than 150 fuses (=4ex), so keep in mind that is a serious investment, if you decide to go that way.
You could use it "as is" if you got two 4L on your helm/boots, maybe spend the jewels you have atm to try and get more sockets on it (i don't know if your gear is still the ones you posted on page 304).
Also 4L-ing it should be kinda cheap, probably less (or far less if you are lucky) than 1ex worth of orbs.

I still use my 410DPS Marohi, so you could keep that weapon for a long time ;)

@くりす:
I have no idea about Hardcore chars so i really can't help much...
Gear upgrades are always good, maybe a better Mace or a 5L piece would help.
Also going for Auras is an option at your level, but it's a big step to make so i can't really suggest it, i just mention it as a possible option you can further look into...

Also that new ring isn't really useful either, expect if you need the fire res (and the very low value other ones) to max your res (2% Mana leech is good too but you use BM). You should be able to get a >30% fire res + >50 life for 1chaos imo...

@Radagastt:
Butchery on it's own is a nice node, but you need to spend a good number of points to get there (imo "meh" ones too) and like eladir said there are more efficient (more dmg for less total points spend) nodes you can take first (Skull Cracking, Baptism by Light, Smashing Blow, Reaver, etc).
So unless you are going for a high-dmg build and you have taken the "better" nodes already, it is probably not a good idea to go for it.
Still some builds like DjNanos one use it, as part of a larger "path" to other nodes etc.

Remember, just my opinion ;)

@jirkamcz:
Well your problems could be caused my a number of things (low life/low dmg), posting your current tree and gear would help :)
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 21, 2013, 12:43:09 PM
@jirkamcz We gonna need more than that to help you out. Link us your items and passive skill tree (you can do that by clicking on your character portrait on top left).

My gear

Just hit 84 and did some changes to my tree. This is what I'm using now
I refunded 7 points (2 useless elemental weapon damage, 2 fire res since I covered that with a new belt, 2 reduced received crit dmg and removed unwavering stance to try out without it). Gains were ~50 more hp, ~2k more armor (44%->50% reduced pDMG), 11% evade chance, 2% move speed.

I did a bit of testing to find out if 15% Physical damage or 4% Att Speed gave more dps. Results. My conclusion is 4% is equal to 13% or 14% pDMG so it's a little worse. At least for my character, maybe it's different with other links on HS and GS. Next 4 points I plan to get the 2x15% increased phys dmg, the 4% and if i feel the need for something defensive get the +2 max ele res.

I've been trying to get a 5L chest but prices have gone very high lately in domination and my luck hasn't been kind to me lately. Nonetheless I enjoy playing the char a lot, doing solo lvl71-72 maps mostly. Sometimes it's challenging or tedious (spam immortal against high deflect) but I rarely die. I aim to play at least till I get the main gems 20% quality.
Last edited by eladir on Dec 21, 2013, 12:53:14 PM
Thanks for the build! This has made PoE fun for me to play again.

I just started this yesterday and this character at level 30 is better than any of my other characters at level 50+. Full res, lots of def. and great dps for low level.

I don't think I've died yet (almost done act 3). I can kill almost everything in one hit, rare monsters take 3-5 hits. Even unique ones and bosses I can easily tank very quickly.

I used to struggle hoping things would get better as I leveled up my character (nope). Now it's the other way around.
Ah sorry I thought everyone can see my profile :-)

my build is (siplmy following original post

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48D8wUIBRxGS4aVRznIPAn7TIJNZI26ECgQapE50rIUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivXz9gS2EhZKNqHmo7bEZuqnJscql07XgNeu982YTviI-Kr4zPnrmezZ_LpmSnMKgYqW6sqrXyud3G2MmY0EfSIdlh37_nUu8O8i_2SPe-

my gear:
Spoiler

I'd really appreciate help! I'm upset that I'm dying so lot :-(

Thanks!
I am thinking of quitting the game, until a new act arrives...

Matbe higher lvl maps will be more available from that point.
I'm level 77 and kind of at a loss for how to make my character better. I feel like my DPS is low and my survivability is lacking as well. Here is my build thus far:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info