Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
sempuken wrote:
"
meatnoodles wrote:
Hey guys, whats up? So, i exploited the hell out of the Duelist blender build for like 8 months till i grew completly tired of it. So i had this lvl 80 Duelist on Domination with gg gear, sold everything, reseted my duelist and bought this ger:

Spoiler

The build as a duelist (one of the starting branches are very similar to the shadow starting area, wich makes it pretty much the same build as the OP):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYEfgX5DkgRlhXwFfYXHRfYGNsZihqPGtsc3CFgI_YkPCT9JpUnqSi1KaUqCyo4LYMvbzSTOlhAoElRSn1OKlBCUzVTuFVLVvpaSFptW69d8l76YnlirGNwZ6BqP21sbXtwUnC7cNV08X_GhVWHGYd2idOMNo1-kyeXBpstm7Wdo52qnrmiLqdcrs-1SLZBt7a-p8APwFHEos2Y0DnQ7tJN037VANad2RPdDedU647uDu9O73rv4-_w8-r22vej-WP7Cfyr_MU=

So, i made sure to get the best i could, great wands, 20/20 gemns and such, but even with that, im having a rlly hard time dealing with single mobs. AoE wise, im demolishing everything with 1~2 casts. But when it comes to single target, my damage just flat out sucks! Im having troubles even dealing with merc Piety (Dominus is a no go!). Any way to improve single target damage?

Also, i wouldnt consider the survivability of this build/set up to be decent. Since i have to keep kiteing everything so i can stay alive. Yes i got nearly the same amount of armor as i did with my blender (around 9k self buffed grace), but whitout a bigger block/blind chance or other methods to mitigate damage, i can be very easily killed. The conversion of 40% physical damage taken to lightning damage provided by lightning coil doesnt do much imo (i tried without it using the tabula rasa, and i noticed no diference, defense-wise, compared to using the Lightning Coil). Am i missing something to improve on my survivability?

I really like the build for the fun it provides, but we have to come up with a way to deal with single target mobs and improve survivability.

I want to know too!!! I tried this build, friggin loved it! (but also found myself getting destroyed by single target)69-70 map bosses would annihilate me, whereas level 74 map mob packs would cower under my might:D

single target help!!

where is your life :)
Last edited by keeknr on Jan 19, 2014, 6:22:54 AM
I like the idea, though in all honesty I think the write-up is somewhat terrible.

Considering this is not your average cookie-cutter build, some people may be confused about how to go about this.

Example - the main gems in this build (cast on crit and life leech) are level 31. Do people transition into this build once they hit 31, or do they wait a few levels? If so, how long? Do they need to achieve a set % of crit chance before it becomes viable enough to transition into?

You might want to rewrite certain parts to make them more clear to people who haven't done a mid or late game transition before. It would spare them a whole of confusion. :)
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
I would like to use Freezing Pulse as extra damage-gem in my 6L.
Is this a good idea?
If no, why and what is better?

Thanks
Tim
"
Tim1612 wrote:
I would like to use Freezing Pulse as extra damage-gem in my 6L.
Is this a good idea?
If no, why and what is better?

Thanks
Tim

I believe Freezing Pulse would be better with LMP/GMP instead of Chain. But i think Arc is a better option for the utility it provides (shock stacks). You're already freezing enemies with Hatred, so you wouldnt be getting that utility from Freezing Pulse, only the damage. And if you're aiming for simply more damage, i would suggest Fireball as it adds more damage than the other options.
IGN: Thrandiyr
Last edited by meatnoodles on Jan 20, 2014, 9:54:32 AM
Any of you considered using Storm Call instead of maybe Arc? 20% quality = 80% more crit chance
Spell crits can also proc CoC, right?

Not sure about whether Arc or storm call is better at shock stacking. But They're pretty equal damage wise. So if arc's flat 20% chance to shock or 80% crit will do the most.

If storm call crits proc CoC, i can imagine it being a bit better.

Any thoughts?
"
Damaos wrote:
Any of you considered using Storm Call instead of maybe Arc? 20% quality = 80% more crit chance

Not sure about whether Arc or storm call is better at shock stacking. But They're pretty equal damage wise. So if arc's flat 20% chance to shock or 80% crit will do the most.

Any thoughts?

I actually tested stormcall. Its a Good single Target damage adition. The problem is its delay, since It doesnt cast instantly aftet the crit. More often than not by the time the lightning finishes chaneling and hits the ground, the mob is either dead or moved from that location.

Last edited by meatnoodles on Jan 20, 2014, 3:57:58 PM
It is! I tested with Stormcall also.
But today I followed the advice with fireball and that goes very well.

What about ice-spear? Or is it the same as freezing pulse?

Tim
"
Tim1612 wrote:
It is! I tested with Stormcall also.
But today I followed the advice with fireball and that goes very well.

What about ice-spear? Or is it the same as freezing pulse?

Tim

I believe its pretty much the same, except for the fact that ice spear with lmp/gmp is really laggy and may annoy party members.
"
meatnoodles wrote:
"
Damaos wrote:

Any thoughts?

I actually tested stormcall. Its a Good single Target damage adition. The problem is its delay, since It doesnt cast instantly aftet the crit. More often than not by the time the lightning finishes chaneling and hits the ground, the mob is either dead or moved from that location.

Okay i saw a video where the delay wasn't there, i guess that wasn't how they intended it. But i also just tested it. The delay is just awful. Wouldn't consider using it. But anyways, this build is quite amazing, i did not survive facing off against temple maps piety, but other than that, amazing dps.
"
Damaos wrote:
"
meatnoodles wrote:
"
Damaos wrote:

Any thoughts?

Okay i saw a video where the delay wasn't there, i guess that wasn't how they intended it. But i also just tested it. The delay is just awful. Wouldn't consider using it. But anyways, this build is quite amazing, i did not survive facing off against temple maps piety, but other than that, amazing dps.

Im testing with Fireball+GMP. The damage is insane, much higher than arc+chain And its a good solution for single targeting, cause you can shotgun bosses easily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info