Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

Because I'm a hopeless geek and can't take anything GGG throws at us seriously: Tongue-in-cheek project management software names (à la Maven):

Redmine
Github
Monday.com
Asana
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Update-Time :D

Fantasy Name Generators:

A general one:
Another Fantasy Name Generator

And some Links for Chaos-related names (from the Warhammer 40k universe, but the concepts of chaos and survival sound close enough :D).
Path to Glory (Ultimatum League)
The Chaos Deth Spiky Name Generator of Chaos (Ultimatum League)
Warhammer 40k Chaos Names (Ultimatum League)

"
Alysma wrote:
Update-Time :D

Fantasy Name Generators:

A general one:
Another Fantasy Name Generator

And some Links for Chaos-related names (from the Warhammer 40k universe, but the concepts of chaos and survival sound close enough :D).
Path to Glory (Ultimatum League)
The Chaos Deth Spiky Name Generator of Chaos (Ultimatum League)
Warhammer 40k Chaos Names (Ultimatum League)

The first batch I got seem more Victorian/Steampunk than fantasy:

"
Qwinnie Tumble
Aethenwyne Dapperly
Dagmar Belvedere
Basilea Pinnock
Violet Lanningham

=0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

The first batch I got seem more Victorian/Steampunk than fantasy

Yeah, I agree that the names sound kinda steampunk-ish and it's also supposed to be more of a NPC name-generator. I would consider Steampunk a fantasy genre, though (and there are already similar links in this category) but maybe I should rename the link to clarify the genre?
"
Alysma wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

The first batch I got seem more Victorian/Steampunk than fantasy

Yeah, I agree that the names sound kinda steampunk-ish and it's also supposed to be more of a NPC name-generator. I would consider Steampunk a fantasy genre, though (and there are already similar links in this category) but maybe I should rename the link to clarify the genre?

Well, since the focus of this thread is names for Path of Exile characters, and the fact that there are parts of the game which reflect that genre, I see no particular problem. Just thought it a tad strange that a "fantasy" name generator was so heavily quasi-Victorian in flavor. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
In light of the recent and unfolding PR-Fiasco of the Ul"Timeout"um launch day, here's some names of famous celebs notorious for saying and doing career-ending, utterly crass and inappropriate things while taking money from companies whose products they endorsed:

RonaldinhoPepsico. In 2012 the Coca-Cola corp. paid football ace Ronaldinho to promote Coke. One day during a press conference he reached for a drink cart and ... selected a Pepsi and drank from it on national TV. Xibom bom bom, went the sound of the bank foreclosing on Ronny's future.

OJ Hertz. Up until the explosive murder trial in 1993, Mr Simpson was the star spokesman for Hertz Rent-a-Car for over a decade...His winsome smile and imposing figure demonstrated the absolute ease of getting a rental comfortably accommodating a gridiron giant. needless to say, once the Slow Car Chase aired for 3 days straight on every network in the USA, Hertz quietly and unceremoniously dumped the contract and purged its stable of rentable Fords.

SamsungPacquiaoforIPhone. Whilst shilling for Samsung, Manny generated plenty of buzz - from his iPhone! He lost the contract, needless to say.

OprahSurfacePadGate. Same deal. Oprah, shilling for Microsoft, sent out scripted tweets claiming she was on her new Surface, splurging on Surfaces for everybody one Christmas...from her iPad.

SubwayJared. Long toasted as living proof you could eat fast food and lose weight, Jared Fogle paid the company back by being embroiled in a child molestation trial and was dumped from the ad campaign.

PaulaDeen_ButterMouth. Although she didn't actually say the N-word in an actual ad, she dropped it liberally and intentionally every so often in one or another of her shows, segments, tweets, and podcasts. "Racism will always have a market in America," her handlers were quick to defend.

and the grandpappy of them all

ShillCosby. A household name for over 4 decades, for brands ranging from Coke to Jell-O to Kodak, the model father on prime-time TV, a role model for educators and creator of the memorable Fat Albert series, rots behind bars for drugging and abusing several women.

Be careful who's selling your product, ladies and gents!
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Wrong thread, Crunkster. Go home, you're drunk. ='[.]'=
*Bump!* =^[.]^=
"
Raycheetah wrote:
*Bump!* =^[.]^=

This update is a bit small and on the general side since there already are a number of Viking/Anglosaxon/medieval links:

Fantasy Name Generators:
A collection of D&D-themed Generators
Three Fantasy-themed Generators

Real World Names:
A collection of Generators/Pickers based on real world languages

Have fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info