Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

not sure if it's allowed, but 'Roundup (c) by Monsanto comes in mind...
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
"
crunkatog wrote:
Hmm if you're killing plants in Harvest, shouldn't you be looking up lists of weed killers or pests/mildew?

Things like Tobacco Hornworm, Apple Maggot, Elm Borer, aphids, leafcutter ants, Locusts, Boll Weevils, Shelf Fungus, Tar Spot, Cuitlacoche/Corn Smut, Gall Fly, Banana Blight, Roundup, Garden Weasel, Agent Orange, etc

Oh, that's a great idea :D, so here's a first addition:

Other:
List of common herbicides (Harvest League), suggested by crunkatog

And
"
6_din_49 wrote:
I'm using this one: https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/sw-darth-names.php

added to Literature/Cinema/TV & Music:
Star Wars Darth name generator, suggested by 6_din_49
I use this website wowbabyname.com to find suitable names for my characters.
Added to the list of Real World Names:

wowbabyname.com (suggested by reymond22)

Thanks a lot :)
Create your own rap name for free. This rap name generator gives you over 9000 rapper names to generate Rapper Name Generator
*BUMP* for visibility! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I imagine this league will cause folks to dust off their copies of The Pink Panther and Snatch/Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels to pick names for their thieving exiles
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
I imagine this league will cause folks to dust off their copies of The Pink Panther and Snatch/Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels to pick names for their thieving exiles

Here's a freebie for somebody:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Raffles_(character)

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
wonefex434 wrote:
Create your own rap name for free. This rap name generator gives you over 9000 rapper names to generate Rapper Name Generator

This one has some funny and fairly fitting results, especially for Heist, so I added it under Literature/Cinema/TV & Music :)

Other Updates:
(Criminal Name Generators)
Villain Name Generator from taleforge.ink (Heist League)
Villain Name Generator by namegenerator.com (Heist League)
The villain name generators by the storyshack.com and thingnames.com are a bit of a 'hit or miss' but do have some funny/cool results. (Heist League)
Same for thingnames.com's Thief Name Generator. (Heist League)
And for some more inspiration: a List with the bios of ten famous thieves. (Heist League)

Have fun :)
Updates:

Literature, Cinema, TV & Music:
Lovecraftian Name Generator #4 (Ritual League)
Cthulhu Mythos Deities (Ritual League)
The Monster Wiki's List of Eldritch Abominations (Ritual League)

Real World Names
The ultimate A-Z of Gothic Names
Short list of Magickal Names for Girls (Ritual League)

History
Medieval Name Generators

Other
Shaman Name Generator (Ritual League)
Questionaire-based Shaman Name Generator (Ritual League)

Have fun :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info