Barrage

barrage can be used with wands - as it is only vehicle to quickly cast spells for free you need 11%+ crit wand with attack speed

all youve said would make more sense if EK didnt exist. but with EK you just dont need anything else: skill + coc + ek + ek + ek

my wander has around 91% crit.

you make it sound 'difficult' and almost impossible. truth is that even in public groups more than half players use coc+ek builds - as long as quill rain is in this game, cyclone procs so many times CoCS is overpowered and makes this game a lot dumber than before. in general trigger gems turned out a) broken and overpowered: CoCS + CWDT b) useless - all remaining

i hope for quick and decisive nerf to CoCS. if anything it looks INCREDIBLY stupid - cyclone spewing EK like crazy..

currently barrage exists only as CoCS trigger and this is sad skill state to be in

"
sidtherat wrote:
CoCS barrage is worthless :/ sadly

probably this - and searing bond - were support gems in the past. as a support - great! but as a standalone skill? meh at best

I disagree. I'm also using it without any CoC gems right now, and it's really powerful on it's own too with high crit, easily wiping out Vaal in just 2 or 3 attacks. Critical Weakness, Greater Multiple Projectiles, and some lightning damage for some shock stacking makes it easily do rather intense damage.

And being broken into 8 seperate hits also makes it not as likely to instagib on reflect. The high amount of hits also makes it great for proccing a large variety of abilities.

So I'm using a blackheart, and a moonsorrow, to artificially get an 8 link item; chance to flee, chance to blind, than the links on my item itself.

Very powerful when used appropriately; definitely has it's own niche.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
Definitely needs a buff. If i were a Dev i'd make it 100% Damage Effectiveness and 15% Less Attack Speed
"
sidtherat wrote:
barrage can be used with wands - as it is only vehicle to quickly cast spells for free you need 11%+ crit wand with attack speed

all youve said would make more sense if EK didnt exist. but with EK you just dont need anything else: skill + coc + ek + ek + ek

my wander has around 91% crit.

you make it sound 'difficult' and almost impossible. truth is that even in public groups more than half players use coc+ek builds - as long as quill rain is in this game, cyclone procs so many times CoCS is overpowered and makes this game a lot dumber than before. in general trigger gems turned out a) broken and overpowered: CoCS + CWDT b) useless - all remaining

i hope for quick and decisive nerf to CoCS. if anything it looks INCREDIBLY stupid - cyclone spewing EK like crazy..

currently barrage exists only as CoCS trigger and this is sad skill state to be in

No it most certainly is not impossible, I am just saying that CoC isn't an overpowered gem given the requirements. Even with triple EK you still need CoC, attack, attack_spammer(gmp/pierce/chain/fork/etc) - that is three links dedicated to just making CoC work. You don't have life leech, blind, any other utility link if using triple EK. Six links are very expensive. Good gear is needed to be both survivable (EK is close range and you are reliant on a proc), plus effective. Higher levels are almost a requirement for the same reason.

I am not saying that given the right circumstances CoC is not a very strong gem - it is. I am just saying that given those same circumstance most gems are very strong. This is balanced. The difficult part is getting to the point where that is the case, and I don't think CoC has any particular benefit in this (in fact, the six link makes it very difficult).

Regardless, the real question is whether Barrage's 2.67 projectiles is better than ST's pierce and return (+dagger), Split Arrow's innate gmp, etc. Barrage can be used with wands while the other skills can not, but not sure that is enough of a reason to exist as is for CoC given that wands are nothing special for CoC. Maybe Barrage could be better put to another use if the skill was changed somewhat.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 23, 2013, 12:14:27 PM
I had a thought today that barrage may be better as a support skill rather than a stand alone skill. Maybe make it work with select spells and attacks with a base damage of 60% rather than 40%. That way you could use it for stuff like Frenzy, Fireball, arc, and other skills. In the end I think this would be a more appropriate incarnation of the gem. Not to mention the satisfaction of rapid firing fireballs would be fantastic.
"
AstosMaldova wrote:
I had a thought today that barrage may be better as a support skill rather than a stand alone skill. Maybe make it work with select spells and attacks with a base damage of 60% rather than 40%. That way you could use it for stuff like Frenzy, Fireball, arc, and other skills. In the end I think this would be a more appropriate incarnation of the gem. Not to mention the satisfaction of rapid firing fireballs would be fantastic.

barrage and searing bond both are 'support' gems without 'support' tag.
"
sidtherat wrote:
barrage and searing bond both are 'support' gems without 'support' tag.

i always thought searing bond should have been a support for totems with the option of having different ele /chaos/phys damage versions later...but GGG dont listen. it was only about putting out another MF subpar skill they could get mtx sale out of.

ggg u need to rethink these skills that everyone knows should be supports. they are laking in every way a primary skill could possibly need to be. including barrage...its junkZ.

"
Doomsdxy wrote:
Definitely needs a buff. If i were a Dev i'd make it 100% Damage Effectiveness and 15% Less Attack Speed

its inbetween lightning arrow, split arrow and lesser multiple projectiles. with a hint of multistrike, yet it has ZERO advantages of any of those skills. thats why its junkZ....period.

tbh it in its current state it should have chain or fork native.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Dec 26, 2013, 6:59:53 AM
To all the people saying barrage is junk.

Try it with the new ranged physical damage support, remote mine and maybe something like crits or pierce.

Enjoy extreme damage that totally avoids the attack speed reduction from the new support and the attack itself. Merveil? you walked to the wall? *hits d* BOOM = profit
IGN: PipeBender
"
peilord wrote:
To all the people saying barrage is junk.

Try it with the new ranged physical damage support, remote mine and maybe something like crits or pierce.

Enjoy extreme damage that totally avoids the attack speed reduction from the new support and the attack itself. Merveil? you walked to the wall? *hits d* BOOM = profit

what?

a) this works only for phys-only attacks. for ele wander/ele bowman that new support is useless
b) same 'trick' with mine can be done with frenzy or power siphon. barrage has nothing extra on these two skills

if you rely on status aliments spliting the dmg into 3 means less burns/shocks/freezes - so yet another reason not to use barage

it is Cast on Crit vehicle - nothing more :/ it looks like support gem without the 'support' tag unfortunately
I have a question about barrage and dual-wielding wands. I would like to know how the mechanics work for this with using two wands. Does each cast of barrage switch what wand casts or does it combine the stats with each cast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info