Barrage

I have used this skill (
barrage) on two different ranger's I linked it in with added fire damage chain and LOH thinking I'll try life leach next, on the other ranger I linked additional accuracy I like barrage much better than the other bow skill's I've tried, thank you for listening =^oO^=
Could someone be so kind to test barrage with slower projectiles, maybe even post a video with it's effect?
"
Matsaucem wrote:
Could someone be so kind to test barrage with slower projectiles, maybe even post a video with it's effect?

projectiles fly slower and do slightly more dmg. it seems that 'cone' of the skill is the same, attack speed/animation is identical. only dmg and proj speed is changed
I really like the idea! the skill works good but is really weak and feels more like a support gem, and so far i think it would work better as a support gem, like a alternative to gmp and lmp.

Might also need a slight buff (50% damage reduction and 25% attack speed reduction)
Last edited by Lacus on Jan 5, 2014, 4:52:29 PM
I feel the damage is fine, what it lacks is more projectiles. If itd shoot like 10 proj the skill would be awesome. That or a auto aim feature, or even a channeled attack.
So?... 1/3 ias, 50% dmg, three attacks per use?
Barrage math:

4 projectiles
40% damage effectiveness (.4)
33% less attack speed (.67)

4 * .4 * .67 = 1.072

use GMP (8 projectiles)
8 * .4 * .5 * .67 = 1.072

use LMP too out of desperation (10 projectiles):
10 * .4 * .5 * .7 * .67 = .938

Conclusion: it's Default Attack with a mana cost.

Was this skill seriously intended to do anything outside of CoC?
Last edited by Brillo_Scrublord on Jan 7, 2014, 8:16:34 PM
"
Barrage math:

4 projectiles
40% damage effectiveness (.4)
33% less attack speed (.67)

4 * .4 * .67 = 1.072

use GMP (8 projectiles)
8 * .4 * .5 * .67 = 1.072

use LMP too out of desperation (10 projectiles):
10 * .4 * .5 * .7 * .67 = .0938

Conclusion: it's Default Attack with a mana cost.

Was this skill seriously intended to do anything outside of CoC?

it probably wasnt even planned for CoCS. barrage is really, really bad. i havent seen a SINGLE serious or semi-serious build that worked with this skill :/
"
BananaJams wrote:
I have a question about barrage and dual-wielding wands. I would like to know how the mechanics work for this with using two wands. Does each cast of barrage switch what wand casts or does it combine the stats with each cast?

I'd like to second this question.
Would this be able to be the doublestrike with wands I've been waiting for?
If so, that would be a sort of niche.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
By itself as a standalone attack, there are probably better options, but I can see this skill being absolutely incredible with a CoC gem added.

I'm actually planning on trying out a crit-centric dual-wand Barrage Shadow as soon as the next set of leagues is up.

Barrage/Chain/Cast on Crit/Cold Snap/Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Strikes. Leave off the PCoC and ICS for earlier, non-6L builds. Critical Weakness to support. Combined with a few critical chance nodes and the wand's naturally high crit chance, I suspect this'll turn out to be a monster combination. Grab cold damage/freeze duration nodes in the Witch tree for even better results. Critical Cold Snaps are pretty respectable in the damage department and, as much as they'll be going off (Steady income of power charges ensures CS gets to bypass its cooldown a lot), I'll be able to lock down entire mobs while I nuke them with cold damage.

This combination's biggest shortfall, I predict, will be damage output against powerful single targets (i.e. bosses), so to fix that I'm going to have Ice Spear and Increased Critical Damage on-hand to swap with Cold Snap and Chain especially for those occasions.

I think it's going to work out just fine. ;)

Barrage by itself? Not so impressive. Barrage supported by the right gems? Potentially devastating.
"Chris wrote:
The "nerfs" in this patch are in response to the rest of the rebalance and so that many builds are simultaneously viable. You can't complain that there are only seven good builds and then complain when we balancing the power level :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info