Barrage

Does anyone know if, during the attack animation, if I got stunned, or a block animation occur, would the attack stop ?
I think Alira should use this skill. Power Creep has made the bandit fights much easier than they used to be, and Alira is the weakest. She just sits there while you wail away on her, maybe a barrage with knockback would add some flavor to the fight.

I was planning to make a build with this skill, because I liked the animation of it, with the intention of it being my single-target attack modified by added lightning, weapon elemental, and knockback. I'm going to have to rethink this though, as the normal Dominus fight took me half an hour and required a dozen town portals. The damage penalty seems like it's too much, it works fine as a single target skill for the most part until a target with high armor and elemental resists cuts the damage from 40% to something closer to 80% reduction.

If it's meant to be solely used for cast on crit, I guess it's a bow only skill. I can't think of any reason I'd want to replace cast on crit + powersiphon which automatically generates the charges I need for more crits with barrage which has a smaller cone than LMP and a crippling damage penalty that can't be overcome in any way.

It makes me think armor penetration mechanics might benefit the game, magic pen already exists, and this skill sure needs it if it's going to be anything other than a one-show dog.

"
FatesDefiler wrote:

I was planning to make a build with this skill, because I liked the animation of it, with the intention of it being my single-target attack modified by added lightning, weapon elemental, and knockback. I'm going to have to rethink this though, as the normal Dominus fight took me half an hour and required a dozen town portals. The damage penalty seems like it's too much, it works fine as a single target skill for the most part until a target with high armor and elemental resists cuts the damage from 40% to something closer to 80% reduction.

Are you using wands? So far, wands version is better used with Cast on Crit, or you would have to take the wand physical nodes and projectile damage nodes, to make the damage go up enough for Barrage to be effective (need like... 100+ damage per hit to kill Dommy fast enough) . Or, a crit build, but not cast on crit..

Knockback is not good to waste a slot since the % is too low to be useful. Additionally, if I didn't see it wrong when I tested it, I think the knockback is roll per projectile.... I'd suggest using other damage buff gem instead.

I'd try the wander build again, but cannot find any good enough wand to make that kind of build yet. >_>

Maybe with a 6l you could afford the luxury of using barrage with the MP/chain/fork mods it needs with CoC and PCoC. Otherwise, there's no reason to use barrage over power siphon for CoC purposes. You'd have to use both powersiphon to aoe clear/collect charges and barrage for CoC and some other skill (EH or Frenzy). 3 attack skills is too much for a wand build, hence barrage really doesn't have a place with a wand build at all.

I sense this skill was originally intended to be a support gem.
does cast on crit ek as u level barrage x% Increased Physical Damage apply to ek?

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Dec 17, 2013, 2:47:20 AM
"
leighferon wrote:
does cast on crit ek as u level barrage x% Increased Physical Damage apply to ek?

barrage cast on crit staple wand offhand is....drumroll.

Spoiler
Ungil's Gauche

its has everything barrage cast on crit needs. defensively and high global crit.

and since when you can wield dagger and wand at the same time?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
leighferon wrote:

and since when you can wield dagger and wand at the same time?

well that needs to be fixed!!
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
twintales wrote:
Does anyone know if, during the attack animation, if I got stunned, or a block animation occur, would the attack stop ?

Yes, that's what Stun does.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
in my opinion they should just make it have a bonus "minus damage from extra projectile support gems don't count", meaning you can stack lmp gmp fork, with no damage loss of any sort. specifically to make a massive fire rate skill that is bad with nothing but ridiculous with the other gems.

right now it has the same number of projectiles as split arrow but less damage, and use rate.
I was hoping to like fp+coc+barrage to get multiple fp casts on a single target but this doesn't actually work.

This skill doesn't proc multiple spellcasts on cast on crit when all the arrows hit a single target. (I checked this using spark instead of fp).

Is this working as intended? It seems like the only thing people are saying this is useful for (single target CoC) doesn't actually work as people expect. Barrage is therefore inferior to split arrow for CoC aoe and inferior to frenzy for CoC single target.
Last edited by Wwqqzgbl on Dec 17, 2013, 6:03:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info