Enhance

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 6:48:45 AM
History
Does the increased quality stack over 20%? If I have a gem with maxed quality, do I gain any benefit?
"
Alhoon wrote:
Does the increased quality stack over 20%? If I have a gem with maxed quality, do I gain any benefit?

Yes and yes.
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
This also relates to empower, but.....

Why do these gems take so much xp to level?

I know there are only 2 levels, but shouldn't the second level be 1-10 total xp of a normal gem, and third 10-20?
haha this is just now getting a thread. funny. But as ^ said. Why make this SOOO much damn XP to lvl. lvl 2-3 takes the same XP as lvling a normal gem from 1-20 4 times, with 20% quality it still takes 2 times... that seems insane to me.
That made sense for Empower since you were basically leveling gems past 20. But Enhance isn't even close to the potential usefulness of Empower, and it doesn't affect other supports (which typically benefit from quality bonus a lot more than active skills). To be fair, it's just not a very useful gem, period.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
Munsie wrote:
"
Alhoon wrote:

Yes and yes.

Thanks.

"
moozooh wrote:
To be fair, it's just not a very useful gem, period.
Depends. It's great with Blood Rage, if for nothing else then because what else are you going to link it with on 4link item? Blood Rage, Faster Casting, Inc Duration... Enhance. Even if you only have 3 link item, Enhance is better than Faster Casting on almost every scenario. The only "problem" is getting levels on it, but that'll only take time =)
Last edited by Alhoon on Dec 3, 2013, 1:44:23 PM
i'm sorry about this but i still don't really have information about this gem. does the support increase quality by flat amount in % or does it boost percent by the mentioned % as i'm attempting to read its effect?

which btw, a lv 4 enhance (lv 3 +1 all gem mod on gear) is +24%... or 16+8

edit: some info on optimal skills based on 20% quality + lv 4 enhance (and thus also a +1 to all gem):
firestorm, 14 bolts per cast, 20 if paired with just the +45% skill duration between scion and dualist.
immortal call, doubles a lv 5's duration per endurance charge property.
dominating blow, +13.2 seconds, almost doubling a lv 1's duration.
lightning strike, is a bit overkill on pierce chance (132% or 3% *44), turning it into an AoE (point blank ish).
arctic armor, +15.4% movement speed boost is kinda funny, but more than welcome as an escape assistance skill (lv 1).
blood rage, 15% (total due to likelihood of the actual base values) leeching from physical attack damage. also 73% attack speed boost while low life for lv 21 gem... ouch.
burning arrow, why i listed this one vs glacial hammer, is because this is 3% per quality point in duration... not 1% for freezing and/or 2% for chilling. 3* 44 = 132 so 4 *2.32 = 9.28 second long burning... yeah. i'm also not mentioning molten shell or explosive arrow because its just 1%.
frenzy, 26 or 27 percent increase to attack speed... per frenzy charge so thats really a 31% or 32% per charge in attack speed while using the skill total (lv 21)... shame it costs so much because then you wouldn't need extra ias passives.
ice shot (also arctic breath), 2 seconds of the ground ice at lv 21, almost worth mentioning yet... not. just something notable still at least.
viper strike, the 22% attack speed boost is fine but the 66% inc to duration is a bit nicer. lv 21 = 13.28 seconds long charges. however that 66% adds with other duration boosts.
conversion trap, oh boy 8 *1.33 = 10.9 seconds of foes fighting for you temporarily. doesn't sound like much but they retain thier full power and every second counts when you're not the one being bothered anymore. still required to use inc dur support and the +45% passive.
ice wall, yes this of all things gets an insane boost. boost to what? well without leveling it up, it multiplies the length by 1.5. at full level, it practically is double length. 64 units long... wonder how wide that really is.
incinerate, 66% faster projectiles. now you reach farther. thats important.
lightning warp, 66% cast speed boost. now you reach sooner... or use as dps. enjoy it well.
power siphon, 33% increased damage, just increased damage. elemental/chaos/burning wands can enjoy it a lot better now.
shock nova, 66% increased chance to shock... add in all shock chance passives then the lightning curse or 20% added lightning.. 101% chance to shock. then there is the 132% shock duration (plus passives of +60% extra)... why is arc even exist if it was designed for shocking. btw arc's quality is 22% extra shock chance... nothing else.
zombie, 44% extra inc damage and life. yes please.
storm call, +176% inc crit chance. holy... that alone puts 11% chance to crit, doesn't sound like much but 10% happens often enough.
spark, 132 projectile speed, means nothing unless 100% pierce, or fork AND chain... and still not much due to the "cannot rehit foe without set time". should be funny to see though =p
dual strike and elemental hit, same as storm call, only it depends on your weapon(s). 13.8 (basic weapons) to 22.08% (some wands)

all curses:
* punishment, 73% of physical damage reflected back to plain foes (a +22%). other rarities are hard to assume and clearly far less in effect (either 19 or 20% total)
* warlord's mark, 97% chance to gain an endurance charge
* projectile weakness, 93% chance to pierce, sure thats nice but another overkill if just mix things up.
* temporal chains, 57% total slowdown of all forms. hell yeah.
* elemental weakness, -22% all resistances on foes in addition to the -50% for lv 21, now thats efficiency.
* the respective elemental curses, respective status dur boost of 44% (except chill), not enough on thier own, but nothing to laugh at either.
* crit weakness, 116% damage boost on the critical damage boost above 100%, sounds a bit clunky but... 1.5 default damage boost now is now 2.08 for total crit damage. if crit damage was 3 after passives, then 5.32
* enfeeble, 73% less acc for foes goes a long way, sadly its still predictable how often an evasion (no block or dodge) person can get hit. the reduced damage portion of the skill gets more use.
* vulnerability, foes take +22% to the 35% more physical damage. this explodes with puncture.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 3, 2013, 7:01:28 PM
"
Alhoon wrote:
It's great with Blood Rage, if for nothing else then because what else are you going to link it with on 4link item? Blood Rage, Faster Casting, Inc Duration... Enhance. Even if you only have 3 link item, Enhance is better than Faster Casting on almost every scenario. The only "problem" is getting levels on it, but that'll only take time =)

That would be a good argument if Blood Rage made sense to 3/4-link in the first place. o_0

There are so many more useful skills and supports to use both for offense and defense now, every socket counts. Skelly totem, Blind/Knockback totem, Devouring totem, Enduring Cry, Detonate Dead, anything with CwDT or CwS, curses, auras, traps, Animate Guardian/Weapon, etc.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info