[2.2] JForce's Reave Duelist Build

"
Why not try to get to the Spirit Raker circle? You get 12% Life Leech with claws, which seems pretty insane.

The issue with doing that as a non ci character is the point investment is extremely high, also since youre life based you suffer from the life leech cap which is about 20% of your life a second in terms of leech, so in all honesty that amount of leech is pretty excessive imo and isnt really worth the investment away from things like life or damage.
"
Qraparta wrote:
any chance of getting the leving passive tree, like every 20 points or so

I'll think something up, theres not really a correct way to go about the tree building process, since all the life and damage in the tree is pretty close to each other, it has a very optimized progression path all the way from the beginning towards the end game. I usually dont like to tell people how to do things, but if the demand is enough i guess i can.
Cleaned up the guide with some spoilers and added a section explaing RT vs Non RT, gonna be streaming a bit today if people wanna come by.
was gonna go claws but a friend bro dealed me a 274 dps foil for like 1.5 ex so just gonna go swords for now :<
reaver reborn :D, streaming atm but only 10k dps for the time being :<
I have been playing this build since in rly newbie in PoE i thought this build will be good start. But so far i have a quite problems since im lv 49 and starting get irritated a bit.

1) Blood Magic! Mana is a b1tch so far, going so fast i can't imagine. I checked quest rewards and i get my first blood magic from quest reward in Merciless 1 act.

2) Gear, i know poe depends on a lot of farming and getting gear but my dmg/my survi at this poit is quite annoying, i could die from larger pack of mobs :/

3) Ur using rapier right? I'm using

nvm haste in gem (trying new stuff also). Should i switch to rapier??
"
jkeer wrote:
I have been playing this build since in rly newbie in PoE i thought this build will be good start. But so far i have a quite problems since im lv 49 and starting get irritated a bit.

1) Blood Magic! Mana is a b1tch so far, going so fast i can't imagine. I checked quest rewards and i get my first blood magic from quest reward in Merciless 1 act.

2) Gear, i know poe depends on a lot of farming and getting gear but my dmg/my survi at this poit is quite annoying, i could die from larger pack of mobs :/

3) Ur using rapier right? I'm using

nvm haste in gem (trying new stuff also). Should i switch to rapier??

well the attack speed is annoying if you dont have a form of mana leech for early leveling to support the skill, which is why endgame you go blood magic so you can support using a defensive and offensive aura, but also the issue is that your weapon is very weak for that point in the game, and in this game having a lack of damage can be the same thing has having a lack of defenses since you dont have the damage to leech or to kill in most cases, but yes attack speed is very important as well has having a good physical weapon so you should look for something faster like a foil or a cutlass at your level, sorry that youre having trouble but poe is like that when youre starting with subpar gear and a lack of knowledge :(
Would you recommend going RT or non-RT?
"
Quickfade wrote:

I have a thread section that explains the differences between the two, its mostly down to gear dependency and if you wanna rely on accuracy with a bonus to finishing the build earlier and having the ability to evade reflect or having hitting consistency as well not having to fit gear in with dexterity and accuracy rating.
"
jforce321 wrote:
"
Quickfade wrote:

I have a thread section that explains the differences between the two, its mostly down to gear dependency and if you wanna rely on accuracy with a bonus to finishing the build earlier and having the ability to evade reflect or having hitting consistency as well not having to fit gear in with dexterity and accuracy rating.

I've built an RT cyclone and double strike before. No doubt it promises consistent DPS + life leech but I'm wondering if non-RT is viable as well. Would you say having >90% chance to hit would out DPS an RT build and if it's viable in Nemesis? Or just to be safe, RT all the way?

edit: I think I'll go with RT, what do you think of switching from a sword to an axe instead? Changing a couple of the passives on the tree from sword to axe as well. What is your opinion on that?
Last edited by Quickfade on Dec 25, 2013, 6:13:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info