[2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build

"
Yalani wrote:

"
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

I do want to invest in this build its just a matter of not yet having the exalts to spend on it and I was wondering if Solaris would be a reasonable stop gap while I farm for shavs. as soon as I can get a shavs I will build this :)

Keep in mind, that you really need a high leveled Purity of Fire to get started if your gear isn't that good. Vertex is also highly recommended.

You're quick replies are really appreciated. It's nice to see you tend this thread so well.

It's my fault for not including more background. I am levelling the purity of fire (6 of them, fingers crossed for vaaling). I also got a great deal on a vertex day 4 of the league. Basically I'm waiting for shavs but the wait is real... RF is the build I have most wanted to try, and your's is definitely my favourite flavour of it. Im thinking if lorica won't work, i'll pull the trigger on a 4 link shavs, then sell it with extra saving later for the 5/6.
"
TheRicardo311 wrote:
Hey man,

At the part "Shadow w/ Shavronne's Revelations" you say this:

•113 Dex + 74 Str from the Tree, so you might wanna spent some extra points in 1-2 +30 Str nodes

This must've been from an older build, because your build ends with:
123 Dex + 24 Str.

How many Strength would you recommend for this build? A lvl 20 Increased Duration Support gem would need 111 Strength, would this be worth it?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Also,

I was wondering why you'd use Elemental Equilibrium in this (The shadow trickster w/ Shavronne's Rev) tree?
"
OakenHeart wrote:

You're quick replies are really appreciated. It's nice to see you tend this thread so well.

It's my fault for not including more background. I am levelling the purity of fire (6 of them, fingers crossed for vaaling). I also got a great deal on a vertex day 4 of the league. Basically I'm waiting for shavs but the wait is real... RF is the build I have most wanted to try, and your's is definitely my favourite flavour of it. Im thinking if lorica won't work, i'll pull the trigger on a 4 link shavs, then sell it with extra saving later for the 5/6.

Starting with a 4link is not a bad idea, since there is no 6th support(except item rarity) anyway and I personally also play without Conc Effect and only swap it in for bosses - so I basically play with a 4 link aswell if you dont count the magicfind gems.

"
Also,

I was wondering why you'd use Elemental Equilibrium in this (The shadow trickster w/ Shavronne's Rev) tree?

Sorry, seems like I missed your question last time :o
You need at least 111(?) Str for the level 20 Blood Magic - everything above this is still nice for Vitality, but not needed.

I trigger EE via Autoattacks + added lightning to attacks via a Ring - It pretty much doubles the damage against bosses, and I also only use it against them.
Sorry for maybe dumb question, but why is not it possible to use CI and RF together?
"
Batrudinaf wrote:
Sorry for maybe dumb question, but why is not it possible to use CI and RF together?

Because RF turns off at 1 Life and you are always at 1 Life with CI.
"
Sorry, seems like I missed your question last time :o
You need at least 111(?) Str for the level 20 Blood Magic - everything above this is still nice for Vitality, but not needed.

I trigger EE via Autoattacks + added lightning to attacks via a Ring - It pretty much doubles the damage against bosses, and I also only use it against them.

Do you mean that you just respec something whenever you're against a boss to put a point in Elemental Equilibrium, or do you just not care about the 25% less damage with fire against normal enemies? :P

(Sorry for all the questions, I really wanna try this build and it costs a lot for me, this is basically the first char that I use where my armor is gonna be worth more than 2 Ex, so I wanna make sure that I understand as much as possible)

Thanks again!
Last edited by TheRicardo311 on Jun 16, 2016, 5:56:14 AM
"
TheRicardo311 wrote:

Do you mean that you just respec something whenever you're against a boss to put a point in Elemental Equilibrium, or do you just not care about the 25% less damage with fire against normal enemies? :P

(Sorry for all the questions, I really wanna try this build and it costs a lot for me, this is basically the first char that I use where my armor is gonna be worth more than 2 Ex, so I wanna make sure that I understand as much as possible)

Thanks again!

Damage over Time is not able to proc on hit effect - so RF is not able to proc Elemental Equilibrium, which means, that there is no penalty in damage to normal monster.
So I read what you said 6 times and then it finally hit me.

It means that your RF won't proc it back to +Fire Res, so basically you get 50% more dmg.

Thanks for helping out and being patient with me!
"
TheRicardo311 wrote:
So I read what you said 6 times and then it finally hit me.

It means that your RF won't proc it back to +Fire Res, so basically you get 50% more dmg.

Thanks for helping out and being patient with me!

Exactly. Except for the fact, that it is not 50% more damage, but -50% resistances :p

It would be equal to 50% more damage, if the enemy had 0% base resistances, but most bosses do have ~50%, so EE pretty much doubles your damage (at least if you dont take Flammability into account)

Also if you are running a map with +Fire Resistances (which will probably cap the resistance of a boss to 75%) you would deal 300% more damage against him, if you are able to bring his resistance back to 0 via EE and your curse.

So no matter what you do, try to find a way to proc EE with this build, as it is a pretty hefty damage boost against bosses.
Last edited by Yalani on Jun 16, 2016, 11:42:12 AM
Question: Is the Helm enchantment "25% Increased Righteous Fire damage" additive with other increased damage mods or does it increase the base damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info