1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
as I mentionned above, fire damage double dip too.
By the way, "physical damage" or "increase damage" ( le Heup ) and "more damage" ( PA with Crown of Eyes ) would double dip too with puncture.
So clearly asking for "projectile damage" , since it's generic, is a relevant question.

If that's the case I have to say that I really dislike these changes. As if burning discharge and explosive arrow weren't strong enough already. We really need some damm patch notes lol.

Just realised something. How about melee phys puncture builds? Will they benefit from any nodes? Like the pure phys node at the Scion part of the tree. If so.. I can actually get a decent build out of it.

(Puncture/melee phys/melee splash/knockback or something like that.)

This works already. Puncture scales already with the initial hit, but the Patch makes it scale with the decrease of dmg by Melee Splash, increases damage via talents like Amplify if linked to Melee Splash, etc.
"

So does this mean Corrupting Blood from Nemesis Rares will now kill you in 1 second instead of 2 seconds?

No, you should expect the mob damage to be adjusted.
IGN: Scordalia_

I'm not talking about the bleed caused as a result of the phys hit. I'm asking, is the bleed itself increased by any general phys nodes (doubledips) like how the burn is doubledipping. Cause with a bow projectile dmg will increase the phys part and the bleed part seperately.
still no patch??
Everyone do your self's a favor and don't play on patch day.

I guarantee you many people will be losing their hardcore characters until 1.02a is deployed.

Just look at the passed few patches. Game breaking enemy damage killing off months of work only to be patched out days later.
IGN: Narbays
"
narbays wrote:
Everyone do your self's a favor and don't play on patch day.

I guarantee you many people will be losing their hardcore characters until 1.02a is deployed.

Just look at the passed few patches. Game breaking enemy damage killing off months of work only to be patched out days later.

The easy pussy option. True hardcore. ;)
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
lucksickle wrote:
Ok Chris, I demand an explanation here:

Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply.

Fair enough.

Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Right, so fire affects burning, and physical affects puncture.

Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Wait, what?
I get that area damage can increase cloud degeneration (and righteous fire / fire trap for that matter) since the degeneration ITSELF is the area effect.

On that note, does Righteous Fire work with Concentrated Effect now?

But why projectile nodes?
Is this a mistake?
The poison cloud is a side-effect generated by an arrow, but the cloud itself IS NOT an arrow.

For that matter, why wouldn't "attack damage" nodes affect viper strike? after all, it's am ATTACK that is APPLYING a debuff.

Close along the lines, Fire Trap's explosion is a SPELL EFFECT, that's generating BURNING GROUND

Bumping myself as I have yet to hear an adequate response.
Whens the patch?
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
lucksickle wrote:
Ok Chris, I demand an explanation here:

Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply.

Fair enough.

Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Right, so fire affects burning, and physical affects puncture.

Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

Wait, what?
I get that area damage can increase cloud degeneration (and righteous fire / fire trap for that matter) since the degeneration ITSELF is the area effect.

On that note, does Righteous Fire work with Concentrated Effect now?

But why projectile nodes?
Is this a mistake?
The poison cloud is a side-effect generated by an arrow, but the cloud itself IS NOT an arrow.

For that matter, why wouldn't "attack damage" nodes affect viper strike? after all, it's am ATTACK that is APPLYING a debuff.

Close along the lines, Fire Trap's explosion is a SPELL EFFECT, that's generating BURNING GROUND

Bumping myself as I have yet to hear an adequate response.

Would like to know this as well. Also, can someone confirm that puncture is going to double dip now 2?
"
nadnerb wrote:
Whens the patch?

this
"
Bipolartuna wrote:
Why a Pilgrim's Hat Helmet Skin for the USA when I asked in sujections & was ignored for some kind of event or item for us Aussi's & Kiwi's for ANZAC day?

pfft w/e sad to see people care more for others traditions than there own.

Interestingly I've noticed a lot more Americanisms in late game as opposed to proper English in the first released stuff. (i.e. "Bring x to y" rather than "Take x to y".)

When I play I'm feeling less like a Kiwi patriot and more and more like an American consumer every time there's new content. Sadly it seems that *everybody* follows the money these days.

Back on topic - It'd be great if someone from GGG wrote a more in-depth version of these patch notes explaining the mechanics of the changes in detail. All I see is confusion and I don't have the time to try build after build to test theories.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info