Descent: Champions Information

This is definetly going to be my favorite race type this season ^-^ at least from what ive read on it.
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
That sounds cool!

woot first page glory!

sounds what kind of sounds? I must play with --nosound .
Dark the other side is very dark. Shut up Yoda and eat your toast.
"
tanis0 wrote:
This sounds really cool. Too bad the schedule is so terrible. I really wish I could play in more than 1 or two of these during the season. I'd really like to see this become a game mode that is available all the time, or maybe at least day-long events where you could do your hour whenever you had time.

Yea same here... 3pm for me (US East Coast) is a terrible time. I would think most people are working/school when these events are on. Maybe they don't want them going at the busiest times for some reason though?
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Since everyone who kills the bosses gets points (not just the first to do so), I think the 'race' aspect of this particular event is a bit diluted. So, for the people who want to take their time, I'd think you could. No reward for rushing to the end and dying - is my point.
Unless you're referring to the passive skill points, I'm not sure what your point is?

If you got 2 reward points per boss I could see an issue.

I almost feel like a big problem with this race will end up being trying to sort out the gear that drops. The meta between "This rare could be epic" and "my gear is good enough as is" is going to be really interesting.

Also flame club OP.
"
Zoen wrote:
"
In the starting area, you'll receive provisions from a chest. The contents of these chests differ by class and contain basic skills and white items. There are also two chests that contain special Unique items. You can pick one from each chest to aid you with the challenge.

Sometimes I wish the starting provision chests could be opened and the items collected prior to the "start" of the race; that way you actually have time to look over your gear and gem selection and plan accordingly instead of the current "3 seconds to grab what you want and sprint ahead" thing it is now.

100% agree...

They should have a "force field" blocking players from running off, but let them play around with starting gear and such for the 30 minute warm-up
IGN: SoulCinder
Descent Champions will prob be my first exalt drop ever :) I have never had one drop so ill prob shit bricks when one does drop and then i can mirror my iLvl 10 dagger w/ lke 30 dps.
Nice!
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
They said drop rates were increased. go back and read the announcement.

I haven't seen that stated anywhere.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Wow, these hyped up Descent Champions even more for me!
Truly EXCITED about this... can't wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info