Descent: Champions Information

This sounds really, really fun.

I just hope I'm able to catch more than one or two of these events.
Last edited by CycloneJack on Nov 21, 2013, 9:56:57 AM
This is why I'm quite happy I've ordered a new PC since this may only have a few more months of working as intended.
Can't wait for more races!
All those people complaining about any type of RNG in an APRG should really stop playing and find a scripted game. It's the charm of the game style, how incredibly boring would it be if everything was determined before you started? I don't really get your kind of people, complainign about how boring this game can be but also complaining about things not being predictable? What the hell...
I oppose the suggestions of letting your char move before start of the race.
Part of the race is to memorize the different prices/rewards from chests, the paths you can take (since we will be able to choose now) and which wpns to keep for later crafting.
Most of the suggestions make it into a linear dungeoncrawl with no variations or "skill" (as in fast clicking the right things). I am not a good player but I do not want that watered down even further. And yes, plz, drop whatever currency you want, I love spending all currency in races like this. Last Descent was the first time I first got/spent an exalt and regal.
"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
Since everyone who kills the bosses gets points (not just the first to do so), I think the 'race' aspect of this particular event is a bit diluted. So, for the people who want to take their time, I'd think you could. No reward for rushing to the end and dying - is my point.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
ampdecay wrote:
Endless ledge still sounds better but no races like this will actually be fun until exalted orbs drop as frequently as wisdom scrolls.

You said it yourself Chris, these characters don't go to any leagues so it doesn't matter so what's the argument for not vastly increasing orb DROP rates? Just sticking a few more in a chest you may or may not open isn't good enough.

They said drop rates were increased. go back and read the announcement. Also, the items you find are more powerful then what you encounter in the main game.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
mothra74 wrote:
I oppose the suggestions of letting your char move before start of the race.
Part of the race is to memorize the different prices/rewards from chests, the paths you can take (since we will be able to choose now) and which wpns to keep for later crafting.

So your idea of "part of the race" is watching someone already hit level 2 by the time you manage to start picking up things from a provisions chest?
Sounds super awesome!
This sounds really cool. Too bad the schedule is so terrible. I really wish I could play in more than 1 or two of these during the season. I'd really like to see this become a game mode that is available all the time, or maybe at least day-long events where you could do your hour whenever you had time.
sunday 5pm I will be there!! can't wait..

lets get READY TO RUMMBLE!!!

DING! DING!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info