Descent: Champions Information

"
Stromgol23 wrote:
Awesome event!!! Looking forward to this but... schedule sucks :(

Hard to please all time zones but still... the only one this week end is 6pm sunday for EST. Why only 1?

There's a 1 hour Descent Champions tomorrow (Friday) at 3 PM EST.
first came descent, mob density rng race... then came endless ledge, monster type rng race... what will descent champions be like? cast your votes today
That's not the weekend here sadly. Work ftl. It's friday night europe time so works for them. Week ends are when they could spread them out in a day to accomodate. Right now EST timezone if you only count evenings and daytime weekends there's just 6pm sunday and then 9pm saturday the week after. Only talking about that particular event of course.

There's tons of considerations when making that schedule and it's not easy. Maybe consider implementing a ticket system? One event would give a ticket and players would have 24h to use it. Ticket would start the event for you only. Might remove the feeling you're racing but would allow everyone to participate... dunno just rambling now ^^
This sounds like it would be awesome as a permanent mode to play. Even if it didn't offer anything, just as a personal challenge to see how far you could get in one sitting.
the hours that you GGG chooses for theeir events..i dont get it. i understand that usa is not your focus but. the hours are still ridiculous. 3 am ? 3 pm? cmon everyone who is not a kid and still want to play this game is either resting or working at that time. sure i could get in the game in my office and risk being reprimanded or fired but im not about to do that now.

could you guys please rethink the hours of your events and be a bit more forgiving?
"
janimauk wrote:
first came descent, mob density rng race... then came endless ledge, monster type rng race... what will descent champions be like? cast your votes today

If I had to guess, a combination between Monster Type RNG and Loot RNG, though more the former.

"
Stromgol23 wrote:
Maybe consider implementing a ticket system? One event would give a ticket and players would have 24h to use it. Ticket would start the event for you only. Might remove the feeling you're racing but would allow everyone to participate... dunno just rambling now ^^

I could see this working for specific race categories, but doing it for all of them would just delay prize awards considerably. Not to mention some of the more competitive players would likely wait until the last few hours to see what the leaderboards are like before they use their ticket...unless viewing the ladder was disabled for those specific events.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually take suggestions for race events.
I hope to get to play Descent this time around.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
"
majesw wrote:
Don't drop mirrors in these races. Just take them off the list. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to drop on during Descent or Endless Ledge.

I never understood peoples inability to separate the loot that drops in races with the loot in the regular game in their head. Do you really feel entitled to it that bad? I'd make a race event that dropped nothing but mirrors and exalted orbs from every enemy and no one could take them out.

Have you put a unique in the game yet? Cause this sounds like something I'd like to see.
You could call it something like "Endless Rage".
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
Why do you guys not want to change the balance of the signature events? Who really cars?

I'd much rather have 3x the number of these new descent races and have them be tweaked throughout the season than have some other boring league be the signature event even though you guys did a ton of work on this other race - and everyone really knows this things the new signature event. It's all the news posts, the trailers, etc... just because you aren't calling it that... doesn't make it true :)
Sounds super awesome and I'd really love to give some feedback about these, but the first one I might be able to play will be on december 8th...why don't you spread them out over the weekend? Descent champions sounds like a lot of of fun. I don't understand why you take so much time to develop these and have the worst schedule ever for them?

You're really shooting yourself in the foot here. :(
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info