[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
thewretched wrote:
Started this build last night, doing an IR version first. My only concern though is lack of resists from the passive tree, just have to make sure my gear has high resists I guess.

Have you tried a variation of this build with the mana reserve reduction nodes and running more auras? would it be less optmial spending the extra points to do so?

You only really have access to the one above Shadow, you can take it to get a larger mana pool but you wont be able to run an extra aura. Maybe you can get Charisma too.

"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,
A few questions (my first melee char):
- you linked your Double Strike gem in your 6L. This is used as the main attack? or just for bosses/single target?
- Flicker strike in a 4L. When should this skill be used and why?
- Reave solo linked in the shield sith viper strike... Should't this be in the 6L?

Thank you.

Ah sorry, I only play that character for PvP so I swapped out Reave with Double Strike. Just swap those gems back and you'll have the setup I use for PvE.

I use Flicker Strike with Melee Splash to teleport into a pack as an opening move. If it crits, all the monsters will get 1 shot and you can move on, or finish the rest off with Reave.
IGN: @Oos
Seems like a fun build to try.

Any big difference between ranger and duel for this ? (nemesis wise)

"
Isdp wrote:

No difference really, can start as either.
"
Oosband wrote:
"
Isdp wrote:

No difference really, can start as either.

Ok thanks then.
Gonna roll as ranger since i hate duelist and was about to roll ranger anyway :D
Looking at your stats on or IR setup from the SS, I was wondering how your armor was so high? Does having armor/EV stuff matter that much? I'm only at 3k armor right now with IR. Using straight EV chest/boots/gloves/shield and a Armor helm.

Granted the gear isn't great but I have half your armor.

"
kulnan wrote:
Looking at your stats on or IR setup from the SS, I was wondering how your armor was so high? Does having armor/EV stuff matter that much? I'm only at 3k armor right now with IR. Using straight EV chest/boots/gloves/shield and a Armor helm.

Granted the gear isn't great but I have half your armor.

I have a little more armour on gear, I guess it scales better with the nodes I have, not sure. I probably had 4 Endurance Charges up in the screenshot but that wont affect the armour value.

Nice gear by the way. You should divine the Maligaros and get life rolls on jewelry; will give you an extra 3-500 life.
How do u handle the mana issues while leveling? I'm running clarity and 5% mana leach but my mana levels seem to fluctuate alot.
"
marciusyeong wrote:
How do u handle the mana issues while leveling? I'm running clarity and 5% mana leach but my mana levels seem to fluctuate alot.

Mightflay helps a lot because it's slow and high physical damage.
Have you tried Multistrike? Casts 3 times but you only use mana for one.
"
Oosband wrote:
"
marciusyeong wrote:

Mightflay helps a lot because it's slow and high physical damage.
Have you tried Multistrike? Casts 3 times but you only use mana for one.

Below is my current gear and skill tree, I'm lvl51 and run with tempest shield, Clarity.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FfQW1BfkILg5IEZYV8Ba_GL0ZjhrbG60i6itvMHEyATiWPeJI7lVLVupW-mHibXtwUniufXWH24w2myabjZ2Wo4qmf6c0r-uxs7IZskS1SLcXt9PAUcaizerPetN-1CPXy92o3vbjhOd06NbtQe2D7g7z6vlj_MX-ug==

Also how do you max your resists I am having trouble doing that.
Last edited by marciusyeong on Dec 15, 2013, 9:44:30 AM
Funny I'm making an identical core build not following any guide. I'm just grabbing one hand nodes until I come across either a dagger or claw that I like. I do have a blood seeker waiting in stash that I'll use.
I've always had a hard time maxing res on this side of the tree so I took + res as first bandit reward. We'll see how that plays out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info