[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

And even in HC you would take heart of oak instead of unwavering stance?
"
tyranyus wrote:
And even in HC you would take heart of oak instead of unwavering stance?

Unwavering is great and you can get it if you wish. In Onslaught I leveled up a capped block reaver (no crit though) and Heart of the Oak was still very strong in high maps.

I'm currently leveling this version in Nemesis. If you go into the Duelist tree then it's not too far to get US if you prefer it over HotO.
IGN: @Oos
Hi there nice Character guide. Was searching for help for my new Crit Ranger and got told from different people to look at your post.

Just some short questions:
Do you believe it could work with cyclone(or is cyclone better dual wizeld) if modified a bit?
Is 5L/6L a must or can i go with 4L until i farm enough for 5L/6L?
What do you think personally is better IR or Acrobaytics(i never played a Acrobatics/pure Evasion char)?
Did you ever need to use BM gem or was mana enough? Mana leech on gear better then gem?

Sorry for noob questions never really played ranger melee.

Thx

Asrael
Nice guide, looking forward to seeing the results in Nemesis. When Christmas break arrives, I will also level up this build in nemesis and give some feedback.
IGN : Shpongle_Borealis
Currently leveling up this build in nemesis(lvl70), it's very strong this faar.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgUtBfkILg5IFfAWvxi9GY4a2xutIuoj9iaVKaUrbzIBOJY6WD3iR35I7kp9TipT31VLVvpY21pIW69gS2HiZU1noGqTbXtuaXTteK567311hNmE74cZh3aH24w2myabg5uNnZajiqZ_pzSrxayvsbOyGbJEtUi2QbcXt9O-p8APwFHPetJN037V7dfL3Q3e9uOE53To1u1B7YPuDu_w8-r5Y_zF_ro=
Is how faar I've gotten, planning to get the last life nodes next.

Going to get power charges on crit instead of added fire for when I get a 5link.

Scales pretty well even without sick gear, but the gear definetly helps the slight lack of health in the build(until your gear gets really nice)

Wrecking most content with my current gear, but there are definetly loads of upgrades to be had.
Love the build, definetly very viable.
Spoiler
ign: Terkypits

pm me on forum or ingame if I win.
Hey Oos great guide and all but I have a question:

Have you considered using Bringer of Rain ?

Oh and carcass jack as well, would the +aoe mod on it work with reave?
IGN: Vanagandr_Fenrir (Domination) || Vanadys_Fenrir (Nemesis)
Item Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/627484
Last edited by Vanagandr_Fenrir on Nov 22, 2013, 11:45:25 PM
"
yummer wrote:
Currently leveling up this build in nemesis(lvl70), it's very strong this faar.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgUtBfkILg5IFfAWvxi9GY4a2xutIuoj9iaVKaUrbzIBOJY6WD3iR35I7kp9TipT31VLVvpY21pIW69gS2HiZU1noGqTbXtuaXTteK567311hNmE74cZh3aH24w2myabg5uNnZajiqZ_pzSrxayvsbOyGbJEtUi2QbcXt9O-p8APwFHPetJN037V7dfL3Q3e9uOE53To1u1B7YPuDu_w8-r5Y_zF_ro=
Is how faar I've gotten, planning to get the last life nodes next.

Going to get power charges on crit instead of added fire for when I get a 5link.

Scales pretty well even without sick gear, but the gear definetly helps the slight lack of health in the build(until your gear gets really nice)

Wrecking most content with my current gear, but there are definetly loads of upgrades to be had.
Love the build, definetly very viable.
Spoiler

You have pretty good gear considering your level.
PCoC is powerful in this build. Earlier I was messing around with Voll's Protector, the power charges just make it crazy.

Glad you're enjoying the build!

"
Hey Oos great guide and all but I have a question:

Have you considered using Bringer of Rain ?

Oh and carcass jack as well, would the +aoe mod on it work with reave?

Ah yeah I forgot to mention Bringer of Rain, I was aiming to buy one but had a lucky 6L drop. BoR definitely very powerful for this build. Carcass Jack also a good choice, the AOE does help a lot with Reave.
Hey Oos, I was thinking about making a dagger ranger for a while and glad I found you build.
I was wondering what kind of gear you wore on lower levels?
I was hoping for some kind of gear progression.

Also, why'd you find it better to respec away from Iron Reflexes and at what level did you did this?
"
SeverePayne wrote:
Hey Oos, I was thinking about making a dagger ranger for a while and glad I found you build.
I was wondering what kind of gear you wore on lower levels?
I was hoping for some kind of gear progression.

Also, why'd you find it better to respec away from Iron Reflexes and at what level did you did this?

Hey. This was my first character in the Domination league. I progressed as a group through all of Normal/Cruel then we farmed Merciless. You can just use leveling gear in Normal/Cruel, or even self found will be fine honestly. I then saved up and bought Crest of Perandus and Maligaros with pretty much all the currency I'd saved up. I would have bought a Mightflay dagger earlier but none were on market so I just had random bad daggers.

In Merci Ledge I got stupidly lucky and had a 6L drop, probably the first in Domination. Also alched that amulet that you see in the first post. So going into maps I had much better gear than I should have.

I'm leveling this build up on Nemesis currently, all self found gear, going well so far so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Crest of Perandus and Mightflay will carry you into Merciless, then you can gear up and should be fine for maps with capped res and a new dagger.

Here's a video of me doing maps in the first week of Dom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBiTtdWZVQ
Don't think I showed my gear though.

----

As for IR, I didn't really have much armour so in high maps the monsters will just crush it and do full damage anyway. I have 4 Endurance Charges up at all times, so I thought I'd rather have 30% chance to evade and 40% dodge instead of an extra 25% physical damage reduction.

If you have good AR/EV gear then it might be better to stick with IR. Up to you.
Evade/Dodge really helps in PvP too. Character that take RT aren't a problem anyway.
Last edited by Oos on Nov 24, 2013, 10:25:31 AM
Currently a 81 dualstriker on domination and i'm starting to hit 70+ maps for my first time :D I've been thinking about switching to a 1h+shield for a long time, since being so squishy is a huge issue sometimes.

Big fan of your build, its almost identical to what I was planing on switching to!

I have a few questions regarding some of your dps nodes, considering that i'll be going Bringer of Rain.

This is what i'm planing on respecing into (will change shield nodes depending on what I use to max block):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4EsQUtBfkOSBGWFfAWvxrbG60eGiP2JP0l3yaVKCoppTBUMgE6WECgR35KfUxgTipT31VLVvpY21pIW69gS2HiZU1noG17bmlwUnBWcLt07Xrvf8aE2YTvhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaZV5oTmyabg52jnaqeuaOKpn-nNLGzshm1SLZBvqfAUcHFxLjPetJN1QDV-NvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW7UHuDu_w8-r8q_zF_5NW6gV9YqzWndfLt9M94kjueK7TfsAP1e1qk6yvfXX-ug==

I have a few questions:
How important are the adder's touch and stabbing comeback nodes? - I haven't seen many people pick them up, but with your dps i'm wondering if they will be worth it.

Since i'm on domination, is it worth it going into the dualist area? Or should I fill out the shadow/ranger trees more?

Is acrobatics more effective at level 89 with max block? Or was it just personal prefference.

Anyway, thanks for giving me faith my crit dagger again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info