[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

"
Oosband wrote:
Lysithea's setup with spell block will probably be strongest in 1.3, no acro.

I get a choice of getting slightly more avoidance, slightly more life% or slightly more damage. Really up to preference at this point, hopefully something small changes in the final tree/patchnotes that makes a decision for me.

some values

prepatch: 87hitavoid, 86spellavoid

choice1: 76hitavoid, 70spellavoid = phaseacro
choice2: 71hitavoid, 70spellavoid = RotH life/eva cluster OR damage nodes
choice3: 74hitavoid, 73spellavoid = command of steel block cluster
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 9, 2014, 7:59:45 PM
"
Added a new Strength Skill - Reckoning: Perform a swift counter-attack against enemies in a cone shape when you block with your shield. (Available from the Intruders in Black quest for the Templar, Marauder, Duelist, Ranger and Scion.)

Reckoning seems pretty sweet if its a standard skillgem with no reservation or some other restrictions to it. Autotrigger? hopefully! reckoning+coh+amark/enf+blind/pcoc? :D
It sounds pretty bad tbh. Block values are drastically reduced so it will become even more random and a simple "attack" move is nothing special. Also, I don't have any free gem slots anyway and I highly doubt it is worth to make space for.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
I don't need it to proc all the time, just enough to amark/enf+pcoc/blind on the packs/bosses that don't die instantly. The dmg is a complete nonfactor since it would be a passive utility link. I'm still at 58-62block post patch which is more than enough for a free curse/pcharge generator but it entirely depends on how the interaction works with the gem:
Do I have to manually use it? Do I get animation locked? Or does it function like other trigger gems and just passively works? Will I lose my reavestacks?

If it works like I hope it does only difference for me would be that it replaces my current reavecohpcoc link.

The final 1.3notes states "All shields have had their block chance reduced." Does this mean ALL existing shields become legacy with old shields unaffected? Depending on the severity of the baseblock nerf block might almost entirely be dead on new leagues unless specifically built around it.
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 12, 2014, 6:21:33 AM
For utility with AM curse and applying blind, HoT is unbeaten.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Last edited by candoerfer on Dec 12, 2014, 2:57:31 PM
Definitely.. if you got the mana reservation left for it but I don't for my hc setup which is why this could be an awesome alternative depending on the requirements/interaction/function of the gem.
BCR gem now penetrates dodge too.

Overnerf of build in PVP,
-reduced overall block on tree
-reduced block values on shields
-penalty 0.7 block with acro
-BCR penetrates dodge
-reduced eva values on shields

Imo build was a broken in PVP, but still... hitting it from 5 corners? I don't like this philosophy, I'd rather see a slight nerf of something and if its still OP than do another slight nerf, till u balance it. But not this....

for PVE is still quite strong, but again having 12k es and same dps with some block is stronger than having 5k life dodge and 50 block atm.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Dec 12, 2014, 5:44:15 PM
Agreed. Almost all weaponbased builds is better as the CI/ES version once you get to the toptier gear just due to the nature of a higher pool to reflect/mitigate on.

The Evasion nerf on shields surprised me. Throughout the entirety of beyond I checked xyz almost every day for a potentially good evasion shield with decent stats and there wasn't really any candidates.

edit: just saw the 1000 race reward, I'm so confused. They nerf LC since it was too good but now they give us an additional way to convert physdmg to eledmg that we reduce with resists?
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 12, 2014, 6:59:41 PM
Reckoning is perfect!
quick dirty test vid.

Passive, no drawbacks. Curses and pcharge generated by itself with pcoc. Easily swapped to a enf/blind setup if wanted.

Didn't realize the baseblock nerf would hit old items as well so I dropped some avoidance for the old char.

Final stats for 1.3:
60k reave
5450hp
hits: 53block, 32evade = ~68avoidance
spells: 58block, 16dodge = ~65avoidance
running this build

Spoiler

Last edited by Lysithea on Jan 2, 2015, 5:33:11 AM
I really like this build. I played it previous season too but IR version.

Currently running almost identical skill tree as Lysithea. With no even 5link went through whole Wraeclast, currently started doing maps.

My current relatively poor equipment:
Spoiler

Really need to switch helmet when I get some more currency. And rings for ones with some intelligence.

My current skill tree:
Last edited by oshionn on Dec 18, 2014, 6:04:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info