[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Any build where they're telling you specifically what gear to wear isn't a good build. I feel like this is WAYYYYYYYYY too dependent upon gear. I've been trying this out and wish I hadn't started. I've wasted a day on it. Reave is shit.
hi ezra
I don't have any problems with reave...i run hatred and i have superior added cold damage, cold penetration, and melee splash on it and it tears through groups.
This is only at lvl 40 though but I had no problem soloing dominus, didn't even die.
Although I did have to run out of instance a few times to refill flasks.

Oos, this is for you.
Is it worth it going for Iron Reflexes when you have extremely high evasion?
I'm at lvl 41 doing cruel and I don't really get hit that often but when I do it's for huge chunks.
And I have some nice armour/evasion gear for lvls 55 and 60.
So is iron reflexes worth it?
Or should I just continue to spec how you did later in your levels, and go for Acrobatics or go for Iron Reflexes?

This is my current build.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgX5CC4VIBXwGY4a2xutJJ0qTSzpOJY6WD3iPs9FlkjuSn1W-mJaZ6B4rn1bhxmHdpLNmyabjaOKrEe3F7fTvebTftfL3Q3fmOss7YPuDvlj_MU=

And here is my current gear.

I switch off between hatred and grace depending on the mobs...
with grace going i get 3963 evasion rating with a 66% chance to evade.
I would really like some better resistance armor but haven't gotten any good evasion gear with resistances. We'll see how bad it starts to hurt in cruel.
Last edited by SeverePayne on Nov 28, 2013, 12:03:25 PM
"
SeverePayne wrote:
Oos, this is for you.
I'm at lvl 41 doing cruel and I don't really get hit that often but when I do it's for huge chunks.
Or should I just continue to spec how you did later in your levels, and go for Acrobatics or go for Iron Reflexes?

I know you said Oos, but I might have a few answers. Don't bother building around EV gear untill you're around 70. Leveling in this game becomes almost trivial 1-70 once you get the hang of it. Only then does your gear really start to solidify. Acrobatics is a very controvercial skill, and largly personal prefference. Go with what suits your playstyle more, rather than what you have gear for. Gear comes and goes - but style is forever. Imo, IR untill 70++.
Alright, I respecced to IR. Dropped my armor down 600 from evasion, prolly strictly cuz of the loss of dexterity's bonus to evasion...

Just not sure where to spec next...thinking about filling out the evasion nodes but idk...help. lol

Also, if you guys could suggest some better items that'd be awesome.
"
Iconik wrote:
Any build where they're telling you specifically what gear to wear isn't a good build. I feel like this is WAYYYYYYYYY too dependent upon gear. I've been trying this out and wish I hadn't started. I've wasted a day on it. Reave is shit.
'

wat.

you're doing it so wrong.

Only unique I find mandatory is perandus, which is incredibly easy to obtain.
ign: Terkypits

pm me on forum or ingame if I win.
Hey guys - quick update, I've leveling this up as a Duelist on Nemesis, currently level 74, just doing low maps for now.

I've got some more things to add to the main topic, and will when I have time.
EDIT: made changed to first post, explained acrobatics etc.

I'll reply to your posts:

---

"
Hailstryder wrote:
Currently a 81 dualstriker on domination and i'm starting to hit 70+ maps for my first time :D I've been thinking about switching to a 1h+shield for a long time, since being so squishy is a huge issue sometimes.

Big fan of your build, its almost identical to what I was planing on switching to!

I have a few questions regarding some of your dps nodes, considering that i'll be going Bringer of Rain.

This is what i'm planing on respecing into (will change shield nodes depending on what I use to max block):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4EsQUtBfkOSBGWFfAWvxrbG60eGiP2JP0l3yaVKCoppTBUMgE6WECgR35KfUxgTipT31VLVvpY21pIW69gS2HiZU1noG17bmlwUnBWcLt07Xrvf8aE2YTvhxmHdofbiEKMNpAblWaZV5oTmyabg52jnaqeuaOKpn-nNLGzshm1SLZBvqfAUcHFxLjPetJN1QDV-NvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW7UHuDu_w8-r8q_zF_5NW6gV9YqzWndfLt9M94kjueK7TfsAP1e1qk6yvfXX-ug==

I have a few questions:
How important are the adder's touch and stabbing comeback nodes? - I haven't seen many people pick them up, but with your dps i'm wondering if they will be worth it.

Since i'm on domination, is it worth it going into the dualist area? Or should I fill out the shadow/ranger trees more?

Is acrobatics more effective at level 89 with max block? Or was it just personal preference.

Anyway, thanks for giving me faith my crit dagger again!

Hey man. Your build looks very solid. You can keep the Duelist start if you want to be more tanky (recommended) or swap those nodes for Stabbing Comeback and Adders Touch.
I;d say Stabbing Comeback is a great set of nodes because it provides dps and life, you should probably grab that cluster.
Adders Touch is a lot of points, but you get a lot of crit multi from it. The poison DoT isn't very good, and neither are the points before it, so if you do want Adders Touch then get it last.

As for Acrobatics, I guess it;s more of a personal preference. When I posted this build I was IR but changed my build and didn't really explain why in the main post. I'll edit it soon and explain it all better.

Good luck!

"
Iconik wrote:

I should have made it more clear in the first post. I'd say only Crest of Panderus is mandatory, it's only a chaos too. You can even change it out late game for a stronger shield.
Link me your gear if you can, maybe I can help you out.

Reave sucks until you get Multistrike so maybe stick to Double Strike/Splash for leveling. Also possibly grab a Mightflay dagger, will help you get to maps.

I leveled this build up this week in Nemesis, started from scratch, just bought a Mightflay/Crest and rest was self found, got to maps no problem. I plan to go over the guide and explain the leveling/gearing process a bit better, so hopefully that will help you soon.

If you're stuck with something else I can help you out.

"
SeverePayne wrote:
I don't have any problems with reave...i run hatred and i have superior added cold damage, cold penetration, and melee splash on it and it tears through groups.
This is only at lvl 40 though but I had no problem soloing dominus, didn't even die.
Although I did have to run out of instance a few times to refill flasks.

Oos, this is for you.

This is my current build.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgX5CC4VIBXwGY4a2xutJJ0qTSzpOJY6WD3iPs9FlkjuSn1W-mJaZ6B4rn1bhxmHdpLNmyabjaOKrEe3F7fTvebTftfL3Q3fmOss7YPuDvlj_MU=

And here is my current gear.

I switch off between hatred and grace depending on the mobs...
with grace going i get 3963 evasion rating with a 66% chance to evade.
I would really like some better resistance armor but haven't gotten any good evasion gear with resistances. We'll see how bad it starts to hurt in cruel.

Hey there. I don't think you need to pick up IR until maps. Your gear looks good for leveling, and if you have good evasion gear lined up you may want to consider going Acrobatics.

I was IR for most of my mapping levels, then made the switch to Acrobatics at 89. I have 30% Evade, 40% Dodge and 75% Block, I pretty much never take damage. I'd rather the dodge/evade over my old 4k armour. But it depends on personal preference and what gear you have.
At least keep IR for now and wait until 75+ to respec into Acrobatics if you feel it;s best for you.

If you want to know where to go on the tree, I'd say go up to the Shadow tree, getting all the defense on the way, then grab Mind Drinker and respec Primal Spirit, you'll be able to leech all mana back with Mind Drinker.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Nov 29, 2013, 8:33:59 PM
I'm currently lvl 82 running this build, on nemesis.

Found tempest shield to be sorta inefficient now, and I'm swapping over to grace when I hit 83.
Also bought "The Anvil" Amber Amulet, for 10% block and some armor, it works very well with the build, especially if you have 20%+ movement on boots, so you don't get slowed too much.

current gear/ build.
ign: Terkypits

pm me on forum or ingame if I win.
"
yummer wrote:
I'm currently lvl 82 running this build, on nemesis.

Found tempest shield to be sorta inefficient now, and I'm swapping over to grace when I hit 83.
Also bought "The Anvil" Amber Amulet, for 10% block and some armor, it works very well with the build, especially if you have 20%+ movement on boots, so you don't get slowed too much.

current gear/ build.

Nice man, looking good. Tempest Shield isn't amazing PvE but it;s hard to run Grace + Hatred and still be able to leech enough mana in time. I guess it depends on your dagger speed. I'm level 77 on Nemesis, in a few levels I'll get that 5% less mana reserved node in Shadow tree and test running Grace + Hatred.

Nice gear too. The Anvil is pretty solid for this build, especially as most of the time you move by Whirling Blades.

gl
IGN: @Oos
Did anyone trying do this like a Scion class? I'm trying to build it Scion+Bringer+IR+US any advice?
interesting build after all ! but i'm confused here .
how would the Shadow skill tree work out? because you said "start as Ranger or Shadow"

"Overall the build is pretty flexible, you can start as Ranger or Shadow"

I'm lazy to like train a ranger again, i have a shadow as a main which is 47,
( i do not play on the intentional server but i play on Garena )
just made a account here just to ask you this question lol .

so i wonder if you can draw a shadow skill tree out from this build
as soon as you see this post, also can you pm me your skype?
so i could ask you more about this build :p

10/10 for this build, i think it's the best build apart from others tanker o.o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info