Miscellaneous News Roundup

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
It would not be particularly interesting to have HC guys PvP against softcore guys. There wouldn't be some sort of grand contrast since PvP builds in Standard span the gamut from glass cannon to tanky as fuck. That's because people actually make dedicated PvP builds without having to worry too much about PvE. If the HC folks came in with PvE builds, theyd get fucking creamed.

My PVE character in Anarchy got creamed in PVP. Baker got creamed in PVP. All PVE characters are likely to get creamed in PVP, and require regearing & rethinking. Turning into a PVP build requires you to pull back from PVE in some ways. I assure you the top builds in SC PVP at the moment are far from glass-cannon builds (I couldn't facetank Shrine Piety till I had to think about PVP).

"
Also, people are saying PvP has all sorts of unfairness so why care about different gear availability across leagues. But why not make things as fair as possible? You don't say "oh well, a couple things will never be fair, so let's just not give a shit about any of it".

The "fairness" aspect has to do with league population. SC has more people, and therefore the pool of items is larger. However, that does not make the items more accessible. Aux's argument essentially boils down to the fact that Keijuu (one account, mind you, not a clan of crafters), has made some of the best gear across leagues, and it's only available in SC. However, his gear is not affordable for most PvP-ers, making it a moot point.

---

The HC rhetoric has always been that they're part of some man-league. I fail to see how this claim is substantiated given the qq'ing on these forums re cross-league pvp.

And yes, I've fought Aux in SC.

It's significantly more costly to rebuild for pvp in HC than in SC, since it increases the risk of losing your character entirely.

Speaking of top SC pvp builds, I'd call LordofGenocide a glass cannon build as one example, though maybe you don't consider him 'top'?

Keiju's gear isnt the only gear available. Ventor just crafted another 500+ DPS 1hander. Kolp has a crazy dagger, etc etc. That many people wont get that gear doesn't matter. If you care about competition, you balance for the top.

As for HC rhetoric, I'm trying to point out that Aux is originally an SC player. I'm primarily an SC player. We don't have any investment at all in HC being some man league.

Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 18, 2013, 9:46:27 PM
Regarding Garena being the publisher for SEA region -
What will happen to the current singapore gateway? Will it be eventually shutdown?
I know the players have a choice to stay, but i am asking about the choice of gateway.

Please can a staff of GGG reply to the question above, thanks
"
... which will introduce the "Exit to Character Selection" functionality ...

I LOVE IT!!!!!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info