[Strongest Solo Variation: Projectile Madness Spectres] LMP/GMP Ice Spear 2x Totem 2x Curse 3x Traps

What if I didn't take Ice Spear gem early on? Can i still obtain it somehow or just try to trade for it?
fastest just to start a new witch, do the intro, take ice spear, and put it in your stash.

Viola, your main now has it.
I wanna combine this build with a summonerbuild+ auras. My build looks like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBB2MI9BCXEQ8UsBZvGYUabBzcHRQkPCSqJ6ko-iqYLKcxiDbpOVI6MDvhRARGcUjnSVFObVXGVytYB1nzWitabVqRZp5qrGvbbRlzU3kDfRh_xoIegseFYIhAi3qPRpAzkyeVIJuhna6io6PypqynCKcrp1yofarErJiwd7QMuJO8N7yfv5fAGsBUwfPJPcy8z2XQ0NP71BnZC9sL4vfjauOf6-7sivIe99f6gPrS

My biggest problem should be my manapool. So I´m going for EB. I dont take CI instead im going for high HP. My minions will be supported with NA and auras to make em more tanky so they can guard me and my totems.

Now I have a few questions:

1. Is this build going to work in terms of manapool/gemslots/defense?
2. Which stats does the ice spear totem need? castspeed/critchance/critmultiplier/spelldmg/colddmg?
3. Where should i invest my remaining points?

Any advice is welcome!!!
Last edited by Atresia_Ani on Jan 26, 2013, 10:12:38 AM
"
FaintE wrote:
What if I didn't take Ice Spear gem early on? Can i still obtain it somehow or just try to trade for it?

Just make new witch and take it from the rewards from first quests. It is something like 10 minutes or less work.

Hello there.

Just a quick question about Lesser Multiple Projectiles, how do we upgrade that one to Greater Multiple Projectiles? Also does Lesser Multiple Projectiles need to be linked with the totem and Ice spear in order to shoot 3 Projectiles or the lesser one is passive or works like a buff?
IGN: Mahakali
"
Chypre wrote:
What are the mechanics of % cast speed from quality on GMP? Is it the same as getting % from a node or somehow otherwise multiplies? I got lucky and landed a 15% GMP and my totems are casting pretty damn fast, at least there is no problem with it. I haven't gone out of my way for the cast speed nodes near Witch or Shadow start yet either.

I've got a bear trap leveled a bit since it was my snare before I found frost wall. I like conversion trap and was thinking to try that with the increased duration I found. No fire trap yet but I am right next to the trap nodes already.

This build is fun, but painful until you have GMP. I was really low level getting into act 2 cruel and did nowhere near enough damage, but doing really good now and really trying to play the build as it is intended.

Projectile speed doesn't matter right? I happened to get a 5% Ice spear and have been leveling it up alongside my regular one and it is only 1 level behind. 15% projectile speed maybe only matters when a monster is running around dodging the spears.

quality matters a lot. if quality gives u extra stats like cast speed u can save a few nodes on the passive tree urself. then again not many people can get a GMP, even less a 15% quality GMP.

projectile speed matters alot, that's why in my "goals item" description i said quality works very well with ice spear because i had a 18% quality ice spear and ya, rape.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
For all those that are having trouble with this build, and I am addressing it to all of you once again:

1. I am going to put this message every interval in the build description because some people still miss it.

DO. NOT. USE. THIS. BUILD. AS. SOON. AS. YOU. GET. THE. GEMS. AND. SKILLS. BECAUSE. YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. THE. STATS. TO. USE. THEM. PRE-LVL 40

2. Do not use GMP pre-lvl 50/60ish unless 1) u never solo and go with pro party to carry u 2) for some reason, u cannot get LMP, which is 10x easier to get, but u can get GMP only

If u use GMP skill gem that is not lvl (lvl 1), have fun taking the 50% damage hit + 40% spell totem dmg hit, which means u do no dmg.

3. If you think CI sucks, use health, hybrid, whatever you want.

How? play around with the tree! that's one of the most fun things about this game. then u can make ur own custom build and say "fk u hypershatter my build is better!" :D I would appreciate that more than asking me questions like "where i get dex/str stats" where there is 2-3 "+30 dex/str" nodes unselected, 1 node away from the existing tree. Comon man!
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
"
NikoFrozen wrote:
"
FaintE wrote:

Just make new witch and take it from the rewards from first quests. It is something like 10 minutes or less work.

weird.. i tried doing first two quest using witch but i didn't get any ice spear gem as a reward.. or did they changed the name?
"

"
Redzor wrote:
I was choosing between this and summmoner build for open beta. I made a wrong decision to go this build because at level 31-35 nobody wants to sell me a Spell Totem gem even for all my resources combined. I spent nothing for crafing so far, used recipes, searched vendors each level and sold all found rares and blues to get more orbs.

[...]

Where did you get your spell totem, multiple projectiles, added cold damage, faster casting, cold penetration and reduced mana gems as a witch at levels before 35 at the start of open beta?

Spell totem-> Maligor's Spike Quest(cruel)

As he said, the build starts to be powerful at mid to lategame.
You get most skill gems around cruel difficulty, just be a bit more active in the trade chat and you will get the gems you deserve.

Without totem I think I will get to act 2 cruel faster if I roll a new simple health+RT+BM marauder or a summoner witch than with this witch, who is already lvl 35 but struggles to go further without already needed spells, spell totem being just one of them. Or maybe I'll make a glass cannon style ranger just to get totem, cold damage and multiple projectiles support gems fast. I'm not disappointed in any way, just don't have much time to play and planning most efficient way beforehand :).
Last edited by Redzor on Jan 26, 2013, 12:23:40 PM
In CB I was a Cold/Crit/CI Witch, using mainly Freezing Pulse to blow stuff up and Ice Spear to snipe out certain foes.

With freezing pulse I could clear big packs in no time, and I didn't even have good stuff on me, but freezing pulse was around 1k dps.

So.. How's this build compared to the one I was using in terms of farming speed and such?
I also tried totem+lmp+Ice Spear, but it was awfully slow, and it took ages to kill anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info