1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

"
Rauru_sama wrote:
Super Low huh. Not like I did not expect that. I started burning alch orbs and finally got a better sword, still only 5k now heh. But yeah, since I like using what I find around ( I am an scavenger at heart) I can't really complain. Just need to struggle a bit more and find some good gear and I think I can turn this around. I just have the worst luck i guess, for the record, these are my weapons...
the other gear is not even worthy of being posted ( except the heart I guess)

Wow, playing self-found, huh? That is quite an undertaking, especially if you plan on pvping. For your weapons, the ele damage is next to worthless. You need pure phys damage, and extra crit is very important. I think I have a few swords in my stash better than both of those. I could let a couple go cheap for ya.

ign gruselig or bendickson
hey am i still able to use this build just for regular farming etc? I.E not Pvping at all?
"
Lolzour wrote:
hey am i still able to use this build just for regular farming etc? I.E not Pvping at all?

Sure ya can, just don't grab the antiblock clusters at all. Grab the other sword passives instead. If I were only doing pve, I would never get an abyssus at all, the rat's nest will be your best friend. You could also try Daresso's chest or even Death's oath if you get the 75% chaos res. Here is a solid pve build for Duelist.

110 PvE Build

Hell, if you wanted, you could use blood dance boots and grab 3 extra frenzy charges, 2 from tree, 1 from merciless and you'd have 6 frenzy charges constantly in maps.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Lolzour wrote:

Sure ya can, just don't grab the antiblock clusters at all. Grab the other sword passives instead. If I were only doing pve, I would never get an abyssus at all, the rat's nest will be your best friend. You could also try Daresso's chest or even Death's oath if you get the 75% chaos res. Here is a solid pve build for Duelist.

110 PvE Build

Hell, if you wanted, you could use blood dance boots and grab 3 extra frenzy charges, 2 from tree, 1 from merciless and you'd have 6 frenzy charges constantly in maps.

Cool, thanks!

also im having issues with mana, would it be effective if i were to go BM node instead of using gems?
"
Lolzour wrote:

Cool, thanks!

also im having issues with mana, would it be effective if i were to go BM node instead of using gems?

This could certainly work, but the Hatred aura is not only a huge dps boost, but the freeze crits that come from Hatred make your life much easier in pve, and give you a huge edge in pvp. I would much sooner use a BM gem on all attacks instead of using the BM keystone and giving up the Hatred aura.

If you're having mana issues, it's bc your dps is too low, so you need to compensate by getting more mana leech. While leveling, it is super helpful to have the surgeon's affix on your mana pots so you can almost spam it and never run out. On my duelist, all he uses is a single hallowed hybrid flask and that is all he needs for mana pots, even on no regen maps. And to be clear, all he has is 1% mana leech, and that is enough to be at full after every fight.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 22, 2014, 9:23:13 PM
Sir,
Would it be okay if I challenge you for a friendly PVP?
IGN: JuanTamod
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
This build made my 99.5% dps mitigation block caster setup (non-aegis) reroll as pure eva/dodge instead of block this league. As a frequent pvper, and only defeated by 4 frequent pvpers by the end of my build last league, I can attest that this build literally pops players in 0.5-2 sec if it catches them.

It's well thought out, and has enough survivability to get to the opponent and wreck them, unlike many other popular crit builds. Any changes he's made since last league are likely for the best: )

There are few counters to this build, but they apply to any melee build, and shall not be named. If you are crafty, you can overcome them by yourself.

If you try this build and are good in a pvp environment, enjoy wrecking 99% or more of your matches, hands down.

Literally the best melee build (and melee player) I have fought against-- I post this out of respect for sharing this build (and also because I stumbled across this post somehow!).

-BeefBroth :)
Last edited by AgentDisembodiedHead11 on Apr 3, 2014, 10:01:41 AM
Just wondering...

Why not use a 'Cast on Crit' gem instead of a CWDT. With close to 50% critical chance, it will be pretty crazy.

Unless of course Immortal Call cooldown takes forever, dunno about cooldown timings. Just throwing out there!! :)

Crazy F*****g build!!!!
"
radikel wrote:

Why not use a 'Cast on Crit' gem instead of a CWDT.

Maybe because CoC has to be in your main attack setup and fucks up your damage? ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
My favorite build so far; thanks!

Is it worth it to grab ice bite (30% cold w/ weapons) since the build uses hatred, and it's right there?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info