1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

"
Mrmorph wrote:
Do you just move when blind to wait for it to wear off? As standing toe to toe with a melee with a -75% hit chance seems not an option (at best we will land 1 hit out of 5).

How much mana left do you have after activating both 60% auras?

Thanks

At max level, it's only a 12% chance to blind when you're hit, so you should be able to hit them faster than they can blind you. Also, most people who use a BoR will also have Unwavering Stance, rendering any blind useless.

I only use Hatred and sometimes Purity of Fire.
1. Is the 55% unblock-able the only reason for using swords only? If so, would any other weapon type do good?

2. How much different will the outcome of this build be in a PvP against a "Blender"?

Thanks.
"
LzAngelz wrote:
1. Is the 55% unblock-able the only reason for using swords only? If so, would any other weapon type do good?

2. How much different will the outcome of this build be in a PvP against a "Blender"?

Thanks.

Yes, axes and maces provide better dmg but since block is so broken and ggg dont give a fuck abt pvp balance every1 who is melee uses swords.

In standard this will get wrecked by cyclone builds, if thats what you mean by blender. Cleave builds are shit for pvp.

His hp is too low, he uses abyssus lol, his block chance is too low, no spell block options vs casters, he has many wasted points on things that are useless in pvp like IR and armor, etc
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 30, 2014, 5:06:03 AM
"
LzAngelz wrote:

Thanks.

1. Yes, that's it. Daggers might provide the higher dps for Dual Strike, but the 55% anti-block is mandatory. I had a dagger crit shadow in Anarchy and it was the most frustrating thing to pvp with since nearly everyone played max block builds.

2. I've never lost to a blender. Like I've said in numerous other posts, you shouldn't be touched by cyclone. Use Whirling Blades. My WB is 4 linked and packs a huge punch.

"

In standard this will get wrecked by cyclone builds, if thats what you mean by blender. Cleave builds are shit for pvp.

His hp is too low, he uses abyssus lol, his block chance is too low, no spell block options vs casters, he has many wasted points on things that are useless in pvp like IR and armor, etc

Like I said, cyclone is not a concern in the least. Moving along, I'm curious as to why you think armor is useless. Yes, armor is less useful than block or dodge or hp, but it still helps. Why do you think IR is useless with so many builds taking Resolute Technique?
The damage in pvp is too huge for armor to matter. Charges and granite if you will ever need. Some evasion is actually nice to have, more than armor, vs flicker or your build that crit.

You simply havent duelled good cyclone builds. With that hp and abyssus, you will be dead in split seconds. Lightning coil is immaterial, even MOM and AA builds eat it.
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 31, 2014, 2:09:01 AM
"
The damage in pvp is too huge for armor to matter. Charges and granite if you will ever need. Some evasion is actually nice to have, more than armor, vs flicker or your build that crit.

You simply havent duelled good cyclone builds. With that hp and abyssus, you will be dead in split seconds. Lightning coil is immaterial, even MOM and AA builds eat it.

I have honestly been looking for a reason to replace Lightning Coil, the strain it places on gear choice is too much. But if Lightning Coil isn't good enough, and armor is relatively uneffective, then what? An arm/ev chest with the highest life roll? Daresso's Defiance?
"
roguemjb wrote:
"

I have honestly been looking for a reason to replace Lightning Coil, the strain it places on gear choice is too much. But if Lightning Coil isn't good enough, and armor is relatively uneffective, then what? An arm/ev chest with the highest life roll? Daresso's Defiance?

Belly of the beast is a very nice unique chest, the % life actually adds more than 109 hp roll with enough life.

Dont worry about armor / ev, get a good rare chest. Even with -block vs sword users, block is still the best defense in pvp. Followed by acro / phase acro (relative to the minimal investment, its a fixed % avoidance unlike evasion) and evasion vs non RTers.
"
"
roguemjb wrote:
"

Belly of the beast is a very nice unique chest, the % life actually adds more than 109 hp roll with enough life.

Dont worry about armor / ev, get a good rare chest. Even with -block vs sword users, block is still the best defense in pvp. Followed by acro / phase acro (relative to the minimal investment, its a fixed % avoidance unlike evasion) and evasion vs non RTers.

Acrobatics is amazing, but might be too far to grab for this build, maybe I will pull something off next league. Interesting ideas about the chest, too. Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated!
Yes acrobatics placement is really its only downside, that and how to get to it, either get a 1000 friggin useless dex nodes or go through frenzy / duration which I simply dont want either. Fucked up. The tree is messed up, keystones and notables should have no prerequisites except level requirement imo. Anyway thats another story lol.

You should remove abyssus and coil, get nice rare helm (or rats nest) and a 6 link chest and add crit damage / crit chance and remove multistrike. Afaik, with multistrike you either get all 3 crits or all 3 no crits. Doesnt seem cool for pvp. Also multistrike = less dmg per hit. I think in pvp with crit build you want the most damage in the one hit / crit that gets through block / evasion / dodge.

If I had to do this, dual strike - cc (or added fire or wed) - crit multi - mpd - fa - bm. Get haste and hatred auras.

You will still have 4 aps average which is ok, same crit multi but more crit chance, more dmg on crits and non crits too

You could respec to this as endgame build, oak - oak - point

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYB5wMAA4cEfgSxBS0GohDwErwUIBRxFfAV9hfcGLAaVRrbG60byBx4I_Yk4ST9J08xnjGwMgk0kzWSNug4ljpYOnE64T-bQapDMUSBR35KfUxgTeNOKlBHU99W-livWNtZ81pIW69c-V4TX7FgS2EhYnljcGSjZS9lTWegbEZwcnJscql07XgNeu9-moTZhO-HGYd2iPGSfZVmmG-ZK5uDn8uj56ZXpzCpbqvFrFmsqq-itfK2QbcXvYG-p8v10O7TftUA3CPdDeXF5c_nD-dU52PuDu_j7_DxivJF9zL3o_jr-0X8xf4K_o8=
Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 31, 2014, 5:08:12 AM
Another question,

Is this build purely focused on PvP or can it own in PvE(Lightning Strike?) too? Any PvE or Bossing videos?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info