Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

I wanna ask how well does Lightning Strike fend against cycloners compared to whirling blades. And does blind kill this build?
"
Ryogawa wrote:
I wanna ask how well does Lightning Strike fend against cycloners compared to whirling blades. And does blind kill this build?

Couldn't tell you on blind, I've never been blinded. Whirling blades works by far the best vs cyclone, LS has crappy dps and more importantly you have to stand still to cast.

"
bob1134 wrote:
Hi, build looks great and I'm going to try it. But why are you using a Lightning Coil which severely limits your other gear choice since you have to stack lightning resis. Why not a Daresso's or similar rare armor with high evasion and armor? Some rare armors have as much as 700 armor and 1500 evasion with additional stats and no downsides.

Lightning coil provides a flat 30% damage reduction with 75% lightning resist. 30% is big and with how armor works in this game, having that flat damage reduce is awesome, especially with the increased phys damage taken from Abyssus. Also, it was only 3.5 ex already 5 linked.
How do you deal with RF build ?

I very often see the +40 life taken from normal Oak. Any reason to get the extra point ?
"
samord wrote:
How do you deal with RF build ?

I very often see the +40 life taken from normal Oak. Any reason to get the extra point ?

Depends on the player, some RF builds you can get away with using Whirling Blades through them and some will just destroy you before you can react. They are the bane of all pvp and it needs nerfed, I really hope GGG fixes it soon.

I like the extra point. Maybe when in a couple levels I will see whether 40 life or an 8% life node is better, and will let you know.
RF builds are the strongest in pvp imo. I usually kill the other player so fast that he/she barely has time to react. Also, since RF dmg scales with life, RF builds are one of those rare builds where the same stat (life) contributes to both dmg AND tankiness. Thus, I have almost 10,000 life atm.
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Last edited by jtrand on Jan 6, 2014, 9:34:26 AM
"
jtrand wrote:
RF builds are the strongest in pvp imo. I usually kill the other player so fast that he/she barely has time to react. Also, since RF dmg scales with life, RF builds are one of those rare builds where the same stat (life) contributes to both dmg AND tankiness. Thus, I have almost 10,000 life atm.

Holy balls, 10k life. Props for making the build work. But you can't feel good about yourself wrecking players in literally .5 seconds. There are no tactics there.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
jtrand wrote:

Holy balls, 10k life. Props for making the build work. But you can't feel good about yourself wrecking players in literally .5 seconds. There are no tactics there.

a very pompous standard player has 13k mixed es / hp. Happy he is the best RFer ever, lol. What an achievment.

you can reach 100 fire res pretty easy, with flask on and fire purity with 25% buff / aura effect, and ROTF shield swap ... and i confirmed you take 0 dmg as it isnt capped to 99, or else take 98-99 and some regen. And spam ek mines on him lol
"
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
jtrand wrote:

a very pompous standard player has 13k mixed es / hp. Happy he is the best RFer ever, lol. What an achievment.

you can reach 100 fire res pretty easy, with flask on and fire purity with 25% buff / aura effect, and ROTF shield swap ... and i confirmed you take 0 dmg as it isnt capped to 99, or else take 98-99 and some regen. And spam ek mines on him lol

The problem with that is the flask doesn't last very long so unless you go with 5 fire flasks then he will win more times than you and you lose. And that strat is only good when you already know who your opponent will be which won't be the case when it matters.
"
roguemjb wrote:

The problem with that is the flask doesn't last very long so unless you go with 5 fire flasks then he will win more times than you and you lose. And that strat is only good when you already know who your opponent will be which won't be the case when it matters.

yes 5 lol, why not? keep them all in inventory

Have ek mines and some other spiky dmg shit ready, he will come next to you because he thinks you will die in 2 seconds. I know they dont last long, thats the point, you gta finish him quick.

"
"
roguemjb wrote:

yes 5 lol, why not? keep them all in inventory

Have ek mines and some other spiky dmg shit ready, he will come next to you because he thinks you will die in 2 seconds. I know they dont last long, thats the point, you gta finish him quick.

Lol, except flasks don't autofill when you put them on your belt in arena. And 2 sec is about 4 times longer than it takes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info