A Beginner's Guide to Racing

"
entropus wrote:
Well I asked you to download the appropriate game. If it is too complicated I could prepare you a youtube tutorial on installing Path of Exile if that would help?

I will take the risk and describe it to you, like, in written words:

First of all you gotta download the msi file using the link above... Then you install the game on you PC. It's quite easy, just click "next" or "use default settings".

Finally, when you're up and running, you can 'log into', that is provide your username and password via game's client. Please remember not to share your password with anyone, GGG staff will never ask you for it!

The game itself allows for creating a fantasy-themed characters. Those characters are exiles on a dangerous island filled with zombies, demons, crazy bandits, etc. You name it.

While playing this game you quite naturally come to the conculsion, that it's either you, or them. THEM, monsters. Everywhere. Trying to bite your head off, stab you in the gust, burn you to crisp.

Then... gradually, you gain experience. With experience comes power. Soon you know you need equipment - magical weapons, armour, wands, gems, etc. to be even more powerful and slay even bigger monsters.

So please try playing a hack and slash game, it will make you understand why you should be awarded with powerful items and not currency. You won't bash a demon's head with a fistul of exalted orbs.

The arrogance is strong in this one. You should be ashamed.
"
Snifnix wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Snifnix wrote:
ok, let me rephrase then, the rewards have close to 0 value for anyone who plays this as a hack'n'slash and not a trading simulator with a small element of monster slaying.

Ok then let me rephrase. Good for them, we don't care.

You might not, but I do, and judging by the vast amount of posts you've made, you do too. Either that, or you have a very unusual way of not caring.

You are conflating two different things here. My "not-caring" about their "not-caring" and me simply correcting some of the silly things you are saying here.

See it's really simple, the guy who sold Barry Bonds 715th Home Run Ball for 200.000 USD was fully aware of the fact that people didn't pay that absurd amount of money because of it's incredible usefulness, but simply because of the prestige and rarity of it.

And it makes no difference that the vast majority of people don't care about baseball and subsequently would never pay that much money for a baseball. I wouldn't do it and you probably wouldn't do it either.

However that doesn't change the fact that that baseball is in fact worth 200.000 USD because someone paid that much for it.

Similarly, when people offer me 30ex for my alt art demi, I couldn't care less if you think it's not worth anything. That's just your opinion and I honestly don't care about your opinion and neither do the people who are willing to pay that much money for my stuff (not that I ever sold any of these rare rewards, because I view them as my personal trophies, but that's a seperate issue).
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:11:48 AM
I didn't have much free time for Season 4, but with the Holidays coming up, I'll definitely run more races this season.

The new Descent: Champions looks really interesting- I can't wait to try it out. Thanks Chris and Brian for the great post for new racers!

Also- I echo an earlier post asking about lifetime rewards- any chance we get an update on that?
Seems to be the option of "funny way of not caring" then, huh?
"
Snifnix wrote:

If you don't understand the difference between not caring about someone else's opinion and correcting a wrong statement, we have absolutely nothing to talk about.

And if you don't understand the difference between a declarative statement ("X isn't worth anything") and an opinion ("To me personally X isn't worth anything"), you are actually a lost cause.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:19:06 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Snifnix wrote:

If you don't understand the difference between not caring about someone else's opinion and correcting a wrong statement, we have absolutely nothing to talk about.

right and wrong a subjective here. you can't just say it's my statement is wrong when it's right to me!
/greatlogic
And yea, we have absolutely nothing to talk about, you seem to willingly spend so much time arguing semantics and other nonsensical bullshit about things that doesn't matter with people that doesn't matter to the degree that most sane people should feel sorry for the people being victimized by your provocations. Fucking forum dwellers, damn.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no level 100 base item?
"
Snifnix wrote:

right and wrong a subjective here. you can't just say it's my statement is wrong when it's right to me!
/greatlogic

That's not what I said at all.

"
Snifnix wrote:

And yea, we have absolutely nothing to talk about, you seem to willingly spend so much time arguing semantics and other nonsensical bullshit about things that doesn't matter with people that doesn't matter to the degree that most sane people should feel sorry for the people being victimized by your provocations. Fucking forum dwellers, damn.

I rest my case.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 8:25:47 AM
"
TylerRand wrote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no level 100 base item?

If I'm not mistaken, the base item for this season is the Moonstone Ring.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Snifnix wrote:

/greatlogic

That's not what I said at all.

"
Snifnix wrote:

I rest my case.

I also rest my case. LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info