1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
shumi82 wrote:
well if they do nerf some gems,i understand,but then it whould be great if we can resep free again,cause some builds realy need cwdt or the old purity,and now they nerf it,so just give then a free respecc imo

soooo much whine...
The codt nerf was needed and fair, not 1 single build ran without it.
And you can't tell me you didn't assume they would nerf it, been pretty obvious. And if you make a build purely around that, it's on you.
"
bjarky wrote:
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
The proposed nerf with required level sounds rushed.

Level requirement isnt the same a lvl of a gem.
CwDt has a lvl req of 31, wich makes it relatively simple to align the supported gems, most spells and especially the most used enduring cry (lvl 5 EC gem has the lvl req 31) wont be as hard to adabt as most ppl expect.
CwDt is OP, we all know it.

I understand this, and I also understand that most lvl 5 gems are crappy for end game content.
Personally, I do not use codt anymore.

Did the power of my build change? Nope.
Did the playstyle change? Yes. I cast more spells now. It is more tedious, but also gives more control, and is safer.

The gem was never OP, it was just a good convenience gem. I still think the devs rushed this change. I will keep my gems around in case the devs buff the gem again.
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
"
bjarky wrote:
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:
The proposed nerf with required level sounds rushed.

I understand this, and I also understand that most lvl 5 gems are crappy for end game content.
Personally, I do not use codt anymore.

Did the power of my build change? Nope.
Did the playstyle change? Yes. I cast more spells now. It is more tedious, but also gives more control, and is safer.

The gem was never OP, it was just a good convenience gem. I still think the devs rushed this change. I will keep my gems around in case the devs buff the gem again.

^This^.

It was really convenient gem. No need to click or push buttons ever few seconds, take care about mana which seem to be insufficient now with yet another nerf - to auras, didn't think it was OP but morelike making casual playing more comfortable. THAT is why so many ppl whine, give them comfortable play for a few weeks, then take it away... stupid decision imo.

I was really happy about how the game progresses, but the lately changes make me quite sad.

1. Taking all auras to % and upping them to 60%... big mistake. Even just taking them all to % but letting them at 40% would do its case, cause ppl aren't able to run them on hps effectively. Now its quite hard to even run 2 for usual ppl who dont specialize on them, cause you miss mana. At low levels, its even hard to run one.

2.When you took ppl way to build their chars defensively by auras, you gave them CoDT gem, which pretty much took auras place in defensive play. Now, you break it too. No wonder ppl are pissed. There were better ways to fix it without overnerfing it - like, having it proc only once per second, or even longer...or, making the dmg for proc reasonable (not like 3k dmg per at high lvls... even 1.5k is alot!!) but this, this is just garbage solution.

3.Purity aura and those new useless auras instead - another step in wrong direction. And another nail in the coffin of solo play.
(Yes, of course with the release and big influx of new ppl, more ppl will be playing solo AT THIS MOMENT, cause they have yet to make their friends and groupies here, but - take a look at the endgame, where most ppl will eventually get to - ppl play just in groups, cause playing solo isnt neither effective not rewarding. And quite dangerous.)

4.Map fix isnt good enough imo. Ok, you fixxed top lvl maps maybe - but still one got to get there.. and it seems to be the problem still. Maybe im wrong about it, i'll try hard to test it and see. But if it was fixxed the way the exp gain in nonmap areas was (eg. for lvls 95+ only) then i consider it not fixed. There were many good ideas on the maps discussion... just pick one.

Please, do not spoil this wonderful game, by constant overnerfs.
Good luck.
thoughts..

codt nerf, dont mind at all, I think its a balanced way to do it as it was a little over the top.

I ran some maps to try out the changes, hard to really tell on map drop rates without running like 50 to even out your rng slightly but it seemed ok, a few maps didnt drop anything, a few wiped their face, a few dropped a +lvl map. If GGG really did tweak something and it was more than the 2% xp floor or scrapping for fuse chance that did nothing really then fair play guys, a much needed bandaid on the system.

the loot from bosses is much better, and was really needed cause the loot before really sucked, it goes some way towards making lvl69 maps worth running. Honestly I dont think lvl85+ characters should be running 69 maps or lower, there should be nothing that requires them to. This game wants to be a challenging game and you need 70 minimum to be virtually on tap for that level of players. Maybe the drop rate change has sorted this, not holding my breath though.

The skew sounds good in principal and hopeful it works, I would still combat map drops from both ends, Id remove a skew upwards for maps that are lvl74+ and instead just put a skew to dropping maps in the 70-73 range rather than anything lower and keep the top tiers pretty rng for that streaky bounce that keeps them special. Id come at it from the other end and change the vendor recipes for 66 > 67 > 68 > 69 maps to 2 maps to upgrade rather than 3 so that its more realistic for characters who have no place in those map levels to vendor up to something they can properly play.

all in all it seems really positive, we still have the maze problem with maps and I hope this isnt the last we see of changes to endgame in 2013. Endgame is everything for a lot of players, new league starts and all the streamers are in endgame within a week, any time me or friends start a new character we are in endgame within a week, its 95% of the game for so many people Id really like to see it deliver on the same level the story content does.
Didn't expect a big patch. Thanks GGG
THis patch is up now or not then when will be up?
Im in work atm and dont know...
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Sorry but I don't like the CwDT nerf at ALL. Desync is incredibly dangerous now and my HPs fluctuate dramatically on even content 15 levels lower than me, with more than 50% phys reduction, capped resists, almost 5k life and 4500 tooltip dps leeching. The game was FUN before. When you put artificial barriers in like this its very apparent you're just trying to prolong the grind people need to undertake for end game. While this may be a job for you guys its a game for me and I play not have fun, not be frustrated every time I desync warp for a second which is enough time with nerfed defenses to get wiped out by a group of white mobs 15+ levels below you.

Time to take a break from PoE. Call me when you decide to make your game fun again and not a job that only full time gamers can do anything with.
if you step out of your shadowed mind , this patch is a really great one which improves the game overall, except the charge changes....
The old CoDt was totally OP and deserved a "hard" nerf, but in the end u can truly make great use of this gem for defensiv purpose without doing shit. I use 2 CoDt one is level up to use moltenshell which allowes me to survive unexpected high spike dmg in combination with high level devouring totem best to keep me alive when its getting dangerous, the second one is level 1 CoDt with endurance cry and skeletbros to distract single and hardhitting bosses and to keep up my endurcance charges and thats all for free! You only have to cast moltenshell and enduring cry before u run into a big scary mob, is it that complicated and hindrance to enjoy an arpg? I dont think so its improve the dumb "only run into stuff do rightclick" mentality with the old CoDt gem. The game feels much better now and the purity nerf is bad for single players but in the end its not a big deal. If you want more save play go and do group play to get an 2+% max resi buff. Also the increase in bossmob drops is awesome.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Nov 13, 2013, 12:44:03 PM
Again, I think they should be embarrassed about the Cast on Damage Taken nerf. The fact that they release a gem and then, almost immediately, have to nerf it into the ground just shows how terrible their beta-testing is on these things. Any semblance of beta-testing on that gem would have shown exactly how people would use it. If they considered that too powerful, it should not have been released as it was. Not to mention, that it should be obvious to anyone who plays this game how that gems was going to be used. Sometimes I wonder if they even play their own game sometimes.
Great patch. :)
IGN Warbands: Amphia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info