1.0.1 Patch Notes

"
ApolloRoad wrote:
For the love of God, please do more testing before pushing out some of these patches. The changes from Beta to 1.0 were drastic and some clear unbalances were revealed, i.e. Cast on Damage Taken, clearly the best Gem out of 1.0 and the others were clearly underwhelming. I have no problem with you guys nerf'ing it, however, there are clear ill effects from these changes. Ether people will just stop playing with the gem (RIP) or people will be forced to level this gem or use new level 1 gems with it. Most people probably have level 1 CWDT with level 17-19 gems. So that means the average player would spend "maybe" a week to level CWDT to catch up with all the other gems? So for the people that want to keep the CWDT builds their builds are put on pause for a week because they are now forced to level it? To me, this is basically a big F U to our time invested in this game.

PS: If you would actually give explanation or discussion over these major changes before changing the game I bet there would be Far Less QQ'ing.

games need testing and sometimes the testing takes place in the released version. Ever hear of the godmode wizard bug in D3? I bet you want that in POE too, being invincible and OP as hell.

GGG does what they have to in order to balance things and if that means taking a OP skill and making it balanced turning it into what has been intended then so be it.
Nothing but hate for the codt gem change. Doing a cooldown or if you insist on this change atleast make the damage taken less would be better!
Well I for one really like this patch so many great things sure some balance but thats how its always been for those of us who have been around long enough. I remember avatar of fire being removed, phase run being removed and many other nerfs ect.

-Vitality aura change, really like this one only because it seemed quite weak especially early level.
-bandit respec, I like it even though i will probably never use it.
-map drops, I figured something like this would happen and its a plus I just hope its not to easy to climb the map ladder.
-dmg taken, I'm fine with this sure i have to use a differet end cry but thats okay, I suspect lots of people will still use it with end cry/curse past that im not sure unless the dmg is tweaked some.
-enfeeble, never had a quality enfeeble but I guess it was very strong I trust you.
-quality of game improvements, "Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments." I always am curious about these as to what was actually done, not saying you don't do it just curious as to what was actually done something that we can read ;)

My favorite change has to be to the map system, with the loot buffs to merciless bosses it felt underwhelming if you weren't on or had a mf char in ur group. I accepted it though because I thought thats where the best gear came from and as such should take considerable time to acquire. Don't get me wrong I welcome this change to higher lvl maps dropping and map boss loot I am just worried about everyone being able to climb the map pyramid now, its always been a challenge reaching those endgame maps.

I give the patch a 8/10 like most of it and its bigger than I was expecting even if a lot of whats written is bug fixes its still a lot of stuff in the grand scheme of things. Yet again you blow my mind GGG keep up the good work.

P.S. on a side note was running maps with a friend decided to run a 66 rare for lols and got 6 maps out of it so crazy.
"
Chris wrote:
"
this is shit. i shit on your patch. Remember what you said? "noo we will not touch cast on damage taken anymore" mhm i see...liars!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/585295

"There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1."

I'm really curious regarding this change though, the gem was introduced as a means to decide at what level of damage taken we wanted abilities to trigger and now that choice is taken away from us.

It's bad enough when playing in party settings that you don't take as consistent damage as you wold solo and thus can't maintain uptime of charges and molten shell through the CoDT gem. Now we will be forced to level it to take more damage or the less desirable option of using low level gems linked to it.

It's original design was perfect for my build for example, as a self cast incinerator I can't cast molten shell during my channel nor maintain charges.

The way I see it with this change you simply shouldn't have bothered introducing it in the first place...

Also while I'm at it. Curse on hit, who in their right mind would sacrifice 2 sockets in their 4 or 5 link to add cursing? This gem should have been global with some other drawback like a cooldown between curses.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Nov 12, 2013, 5:18:26 AM
NICE!

One suggestion for a small change - can you please add a "Reclaim all effects" button?
When I don't play the game for a week, i forget where did I put them...

thx
"
nynyny wrote:

Its not. It basically makes the gem complete junk for end game because giving up 2 slots for 500 armor that barely trigger simply isnt worth it for most people.

I play only map 70+ full solo as a CI melee-ES character.

Look at my gem choice : Every 620 dmg taken it will : (lvl 4 CWDT)
-give me 500 armor (3% dmg reduction) and 500 absorb from MC
-Give me 4 enduring charge for 20% dmg reduction
-Cast 5 squeletons that can absorb 1 hit/projectile each

So yes for something that cast without any action it's fair enough :)
Last edited by Kulte2a on Nov 12, 2013, 5:14:33 AM
"
I just hate the fact that every single time my build gets totally destroyed, I find a new one, to find out it will get destroyed in the next patch. Realloting points doesn't fix my issue either.. I just want to make a build I can rely on. Should be time for that, game is released.

Exactly the same feeling. Its ridiculous! HOURS of leveling characters transformed to pure frustration.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
@ucsarge
Last edited by ucsarge on Nov 12, 2013, 5:23:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.[/li]

Funny, even GGG is calling this gem by it's wrong name.
Nice patch. Except the purity and codt changes. RIP to both gems.
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info